Did anyone skip the iPhone 7 because they are waiting for the iPhone 8?

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
In short, is the Pixel worth it? Go...

It's a fun distraction, and the camera is surprisingly good so far in my VERY unofficial side by sides, the Pixel is winning by a VERY slim margin. But truth be told if you are happy with your iPhone and you don't rock 2 phones, it's probably a pass! I do like it though. I change Android phones about every 3 months. The Pixel is replacing a One Plus Three (which replaced a Nexus 6P) You get the picture. ;)

I bought an Honor 8 too but cancelled it, might still end up trying 1 eventually, and the Axon 7 is on my list of things to try too! :) (Probably get a OnePlus 4 or whatever the next OnePlus is called LOVE those phones!)

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Skipped the 7 for about a week or 2 then caved. Planning on getting the 8 as well. Might even do the preorder thing that I NEVER do!

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I have the 6s, thinking about getting the 7 Plus when my 1 year is up on the Apple upgrade program (right around Thanksgiving)
May get it soon if I can convince my wife to take the 6s :) I want the camera bad!

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I have the 6s, thinking about getting the 7 Plus when my 1 year is up on the Apple upgrade program (right around Thanksgiving)
May get it soon if I can convince my wife to take the 6s :) I want the camera bad!

I don't need the camera or even really want it but you know I'm plotting on a 7 Plus still...oh the shame of it all lol

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
I have the 6s plus and I just didn't see a reason to upgrade. Also, whereas I am not outraged by the lack of audio jack, I did not see it as a step forward. When you take something away there should be an added bonus. If the iPhone 8 has wireless charging, THEN that would be a reason to be without the audio jack.

calebt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I see no reason to upgrade me from the 6s plus at this time, but i did upgrade my wife from the 5s to a 7 so I'll get to play with that when it gets here in a couple of days. Most likely I will wait for the 8, but one never knows what will happen when you get the itch for an upgrade. :)

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
Folks,

I went ahead and got the iPhone 7 Plus. I really wanted that new camera! BUT I understand some folks are waiting for the iPhone 8 because bigger "tock" changes are expected (or is is "tick" I forget lol). So what did you do? Did you get an iPhone 7 or 7 Plus knowing you can always either sell it and upgrade, OR just use the Apple Upgrade (or a carrier upgrade) program to get the 8 next year, OR are you holding out for the 8, and the big changes that are expected?

Rich

There are about 5 people in my class who all own a iPhone 6 or 6 Plus. When they heard about the iPhone 7, obviously since its been 2 years they wanted to upgrade. Surprisingly though, all of then decided to miss the 7 and wait for what ever model is coming out in 2017. Apparently its 'AMAZING'. Maybe because the design was very similar this year they didn't upgrade.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
There are about 5 people in my class who all own a iPhone 6 or 6 Plus. When they heard about the iPhone 7, obviously since its been 2 years they wanted to upgrade. Surprisingly though, all of then decided to miss the 7 and wait for what ever model is coming out in 2017. Apparently its 'AMAZING'. Maybe because the design was very similar this year they didn't upgrade.

The word on the street is that there is going to be a major redesign but unless you have access to Apple's design studio there's no telling what 2017's model is going to look like or what features are going to be included with it. Going forward, I wouldn't expect to see a major redesign every other year like we've seen in the past. This is evident from the iPhone 6 to the iPhone 7. The design works and there's only so much you can do with a rectangle with rounded corners.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
The 6/6S to the 7 was what I would consider a slight redesign or not. But I definitely think there will be SOMETHING major with the 2017 iPhone. Might not be a total teardown but it'll be maj!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73