I have the 6s, thinking about getting the 7 Plus when my 1 year is up on the Apple upgrade program (right around Thanksgiving)
    May get it soon if I can convince my wife to take the 6s I want the camera bad!
    pkcable and Spencerdl like this.
    10-26-2016 08:15 PM
    I have the 6s, thinking about getting the 7 Plus when my 1 year is up on the Apple upgrade program (right around Thanksgiving)
    May get it soon if I can convince my wife to take the 6s I want the camera bad!
    I don't need the camera or even really want it but you know I'm plotting on a 7 Plus still...oh the shame of it all lol
    10-26-2016 08:17 PM
    I don't need the camera or even really want it but you know I'm plotting on a 7 Plus still...oh the shame of it all lol
    I think once you had it, you might come to appreciate it, especially for pictures of your son
    mumfoau and Spencerdl like this.
    10-27-2016 04:44 AM
    I think once you had it, you might come to appreciate it, especially for pictures of your son
    See, you mention little man and now it's a done deal
    Tartarus, pkcable and Spencerdl like this.
    10-27-2016 04:47 AM
    See, you mention little man and now it's a done deal
    He's worth it!
    mumfoau, Tartarus, pkcable and 1 others like this.
    10-27-2016 04:49 AM
    He's worth it!
    Lemme give you my wife's number so you can impart that wisdom to her lol
    10-27-2016 04:53 AM
    I'm sitting here LMAO at @mumfoau

I've so been there, done that!
    mumfoau and Spencerdl like this.
    10-27-2016 04:12 PM
    I have the 6s plus and I just didn't see a reason to upgrade. Also, whereas I am not outraged by the lack of audio jack, I did not see it as a step forward. When you take something away there should be an added bonus. If the iPhone 8 has wireless charging, THEN that would be a reason to be without the audio jack.
    pkcable, calebt, ladyc0524 and 1 others like this.
    10-27-2016 04:17 PM
    Lemme give you my wife's number so you can impart that wisdom to her lol
    It's definitely very difficult at times, for sure. But the reward will come.

You'll misplace it from time to time, and then it will magically appear again!
    mumfoau and pkcable like this.
    10-27-2016 07:14 PM
    I see no reason to upgrade me from the 6s plus at this time, but i did upgrade my wife from the 5s to a 7 so I'll get to play with that when it gets here in a couple of days. Most likely I will wait for the 8, but one never knows what will happen when you get the itch for an upgrade.
    10-28-2016 04:31 PM
    The 5S to the 7 is a really nice jump I must say!
    calebt and Spencerdl like this.
    10-28-2016 07:40 PM
    Folks,

I went ahead and got the iPhone 7 Plus. I really wanted that new camera! BUT I understand some folks are waiting for the iPhone 8 because bigger "tock" changes are expected (or is is "tick" I forget lol). So what did you do? Did you get an iPhone 7 or 7 Plus knowing you can always either sell it and upgrade, OR just use the Apple Upgrade (or a carrier upgrade) program to get the 8 next year, OR are you holding out for the 8, and the big changes that are expected?

Rich
    There are about 5 people in my class who all own a iPhone 6 or 6 Plus. When they heard about the iPhone 7, obviously since its been 2 years they wanted to upgrade. Surprisingly though, all of then decided to miss the 7 and wait for what ever model is coming out in 2017. Apparently its 'AMAZING'. Maybe because the design was very similar this year they didn't upgrade.
    10-29-2016 03:12 AM
    There are about 5 people in my class who all own a iPhone 6 or 6 Plus. When they heard about the iPhone 7, obviously since its been 2 years they wanted to upgrade. Surprisingly though, all of then decided to miss the 7 and wait for what ever model is coming out in 2017. Apparently its 'AMAZING'. Maybe because the design was very similar this year they didn't upgrade.
    The word on the street is that there is going to be a major redesign but unless you have access to Apple's design studio there's no telling what 2017's model is going to look like or what features are going to be included with it. Going forward, I wouldn't expect to see a major redesign every other year like we've seen in the past. This is evident from the iPhone 6 to the iPhone 7. The design works and there's only so much you can do with a rectangle with rounded corners.
    Matty and Spencerdl like this.
    10-29-2016 04:58 AM
    The 6/6S to the 7 was what I would consider a slight redesign or not. But I definitely think there will be SOMETHING major with the 2017 iPhone. Might not be a total teardown but it'll be maj!
    10-29-2016 07:45 AM
    Doesn't the iPhone 7S have to come out before the 8?
    10-29-2016 11:55 AM
    Historically, the current iteration is followed by an S variant but apple doesn't have to go in that direction. They may break the cycle with the 10th anniversary iPhone. None of us know a thing lol
    10-29-2016 12:34 PM
    BUT I understand some folks are waiting for the iPhone 8 because bigger "tock" changes are expected (or is is "tick" I forget lol).
    iPhone 8 is not coming, the next iPhone will be iPhone 10.
    10-29-2016 02:01 PM
    There are no laws against skipping the 7s and if Apple wants to make a statement by going directly to the iPhone 8 I can definitely see it happening.
    10-29-2016 03:14 PM
    Normally iPhone worth an update only in two years time. I doubt next one will be so revolutionary it makes the 7/7Plus obsolete. Probably it'll bring a new design with same hardware, or just slightly better hardware. That's what I believe. And, being like that, I'll better wait for the 8S series.

Cheers,
    The 6S was worth the upgrade for a number of reasons. The camera was improved, somewhat. The 2GB RAM has a huge impact on day to day usability (lots of Safari freezes with 1GB devices like the 6 Plus). 3D Touch was overhyped and oversold, but it *is* a thing. TouchID is faster, more accurate/reliable on the 6S. It was a viable upgrade to the 6 devices. It was actually one of the biggest upgrades from a previous iPhone model, ever. Even bigger than the iPhone 6/6+ from the 5S, IMO.

However, the 7 is just... lackluster in that regard.

Apple's software innovation pace is quite molasses these days, and the hardware hasn't changed drastically since the 6/6+ were released.

Couple that with the current supply issues (they aren't selling that well, this has to be them simply being too conservative with production) pushing the date you can even get the phone back into December...

Yea, total pass for me.

Honestly, the iPhone 7 is one of the smallest upgrades that Apple has put out, ever. Way smaller than the 6 to 6S, the 5S to the 6, and even the 5 to 5S. It is a smaller upgrade than the average 's' cycle, IMO.
    Last edited by n8ter#AC; 10-29-2016 at 04:10 PM.
    10-29-2016 03:47 PM

Not necessarily, Apple's naming convention can be changed whenever they want. If you look at samsung, you would have presumed the next version of their Note line from Note 5 would be Note 6, but they skipped it and went to 7.

Apple could do something similar and go from iPhone 7 to iPhone 8. Only time will tell
    10-30-2016 02:51 AM
    Not necessarily, Apple's naming convention can be changed whenever they want. If you look at samsung, you would have presumed the next version of their Note line from Note 5 would be Note 6, but they skipped it and went to 7.

Apple could do something similar and go from iPhone 7 to iPhone 8. Only time will tell
    I hope they won't because I've always thought the s line of iPhones were better
    10-30-2016 05:48 AM
    They should shake throngs up entirely and call it the iPhone X

Tenth anniversary and it could be an honorary member of the X-men

Did anyone skip the iPhone 7 because they are waiting for the iPhone 8?-imoreappimg_20161030_074957.jpg
    10-30-2016 06:50 AM
    I'm holding out. I'm not a fan of apple requiring either bluetooth headphones, or the adapter. I'm hoping they next iteration will come with wireless charging and a designated headphone jack. But I'm not confident that'll actually happen...
    10-31-2016 04:47 AM
    I'm holding out. I'm not a fan of apple requiring either bluetooth headphones, or the adapter. I'm hoping they next iteration will come with wireless charging and a designated headphone jack. But I'm not confident that'll actually happen...
    I would bet you'll hold out for nothing. Wireless charging, maybe.
    10-31-2016 04:58 AM
    It seems like the iphone 7 should have been called the iphone 6SS.

And sorry Bill2Bo, but if you are waiting for the headphone jack to return I think you are out of luck.
    ladyc0524 likes this.
    10-31-2016 01:21 PM
94 1234