Battery drain fast

Kevinkkk

Jul 23, 2019
Visit site
I think after the ios 12.4 update the battery life is enhanced than it used to be. Usually, I charging my iPhone 8 plus until it fully charged and keep it in the bed when I sleeping at the night. But when I checked the battery in the morning there is less than 50% is left. I wonder why is this happening and how to fix it.

Thoughts?

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I would try to do a hard rest to clear out any caches that might be causing issues.

Press vol up, then vol down, then press and hold the sleep/awake button until you see the Apple logo.

Make sure you are not plugged in when you do so.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I think after the ios 12.4 update the battery life is enhanced than it used to be. Usually, I charging my iPhone 8 plus until it fully charged and keep it in the bed when I sleeping at the night. But when I checked the battery in the morning there is less than 50% is left. I wonder why is this happening and how to fix it.

Thoughts?

Try charging it with the “Optimize Battery Charging” option disabled in the battery health settings.

COMDR

Aug 20, 2019
Visit site
Experienced severe battery drain on my iPhone 8 Plus too after updating to 12.4, at least 40% drained after fully charged the previous night. Already turned off background app refresh, bluetooth, Wifi to no avail.