New 8 plus

parker5011

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Someone at my work was going to trade in his 8 plus for $149 but I convinced him to sell it to me.

I had been looking to upgrade my wife’s iPhone 7 Plus with an 8 plus. Since I own the iPhone X we have a ton of wireless chargers around and she wanted to keep the home button so this was the last model that kept it.

When I got the phone the battery health was at 88%.

So some questions:

How much would it be to get a new battery put in the phone? Will they do that at the Apple Store?

Also does the 8 plus take longer to charge than the 7 plus?

Thank you for your help.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
My iPhone X is at 88% and still performs well so there’s no real hurry in swapping out the battery in my opinion

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I can't speak to whether or not an 8 Plus charges faster than a 7 Plus. I have had an 8 Plus since December of 2017 and absolutely love it. Since your wife prefers Touch ID, I think you were smart to grab this, and I think the price you paid was really good. I do think that charging with a cable versus qi charging is faster, but if you're not in a hurry, the convenience of wireless charging can't be beaten. I don't think it's necessary to replace the battery. My phone is currently at 88%. If I start out the day with a full charge, I'm good for the day!

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
You won’t notice any real issues with performance until the battery reaches around 80%. Unless I’m mistaken, the iPhones 8 also support fast charging. Which is 7.5W on a wireless charger, and I’m actually not sure the rating with a cable. So you can buy a higher wattage power brick to charge the 8 Plus faster.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
You won’t notice any real issues with performance until the battery reaches around 80%. Unless I’m mistaken, the iPhones 8 also support fast charging. Which is 7.5W on a wireless charger, and I’m actually not sure the rating with a cable. So you can buy a higher wattage power brick to charge the 8 Plus faster.

You are correct! Both the 8 and 8 Plus support wireless charging. And when I use a cable to charge, I use my iPad's power brick to charge! It does go faster! :D

parker5011

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
You are correct! Both the 8 and 8 Plus support wireless charging. And when I use a cable to charge, I use my iPad's power brick to charge! It does go faster! :D

I just bought a usb-c to lightening cord. I had gotten a Fast charging brick at Christmas on clearance And so now my wife and I both have phones to take advantage of it.

Honey Beagle

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
Ok maybe not

We are talking about overall battery performance found in the

Settings>Battery>Battery Health>Maximum Capacity

Never knew anything about that. Because I do not have that feature. Here is what I have.

2276a4fdb365ef2b316f05c7253dcb86.jpg

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711