Looking for an iPhone8plus photo solution, xfer from iPhone to ChromeBox, dock?

Toby Adrianse

Feb 23, 2019
Visit site
I have recently moved my mother off a Windows 10 machine to a Chromebox 3 by Asus. She has very basic needs, the most complicated of which is to transfer photos from her iPhone to the Chromebox easily and then import them into the Microsoft Word app into a form. She appraises quilts and takes pics of the quilt then puts a snapshot of it on the appraisal form for the customer in MS Word. She also uses photos to refer to as she is completing the form. She's an unsophisticated user, so the more simple a solution the better. I have seen the lighting port to USB adapters on Amazon and that would work but it would be even better if there was a dock that she could put her phone into that is always connected to the Chromebox on her desk via USB 3.0. Remember, simple is key! I'm tired of going over to her house to do simple computer tasks like transferring photos. She's older and needs a simple solution. Ready, set, go!

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
What about using Google Photos? She can install the app on both devices, log in with a gmail address, which I’m guessing she has. The photos on her phone can automatically be backed up to Google phots which will then sync seamlessly and she’ll be able to access them from either of her devices.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
She may have to save it to her Chromebook first, but I think it would work quite well. Keep us posted on how she does!

Mr.Willie

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
Why not just open iCloud in a web browser and get the photos from there ?

Even better would be getting a digital camera instead of using her iPhone.

I have the iXpand flash drive (San Disk 128GB) and it works great.

Another solution is an iPad with an Office 365 subscription. I think that would be the best solution. Photos automatically sync. I just imported a photo into Word on mine, and it was super easy.

Another thing to consider is she asking for help to get you to spend time with her ???

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro