iPhone 8+ up to date with 12.1.4
    My son is listed in contact book and in my Favorites. When he calls me form his iPhone, my phone does not ring.
    I use Do not Disturb on a timed setting but calls from favorites are allowed to ring through.
    His contact entry indicates a ringtone for both phone and text.
    Help?
    02-20-2019 09:04 AM
    I don't know for sure, but a couple of things you might want to try are:

1. Make sure you haven't inadvertently blocked his number. This happened has happened a couple of times to us... my husband's mother accidentally blocked him, and even funnier, my husband blocked me accidentally one time. I know this seems impossible, but you just might want to check.

2. Try assigning a different ringtone to your son's number. I've read that sometimes unique ringtones can just stop working. It's simple enough to try.

I'll keep doing some sleuthing to see if I can find anything else. And hopefully, others will chime in as well.
    02-20-2019 09:31 AM
    I don't know for sure, but a couple of things you might want to try are:

1. Make sure you haven't inadvertently blocked his number. This happened has happened a couple of times to us... my husband's mother accidentally blocked him, and even funnier, my husband blocked me accidentally one time. I know this seems impossible, but you just might want to check.

2. Try assigning a different ringtone to your son's number. I've read that sometimes unique ringtones can just stop working. It's simple enough to try.

I'll keep doing some sleuthing to see if I can find anything else. And hopefully, others will chime in as well.
    I agree with point 2. That makes the most sense, but checking for point 1 can never hurt, though.
    Annie_8plus likes this.
    02-20-2019 09:44 AM
    one more possibility is Mute your Contact Number.

Open Contact Name -> Infomation -> Hide Alerts
    07-26-2019 03:23 AM