Calls from one of my contacts do not ring

GalSal5

Feb 20, 2019
Visit site
iPhone 8+ up to date with 12.1.4
My son is listed in contact book and in my Favorites. When he calls me form his iPhone, my phone does not ring.
I use Do not Disturb on a timed setting but calls from favorites are allowed to ring through.
His contact entry indicates a ringtone for both phone and text.
Help?

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I don't know for sure, but a couple of things you might want to try are:

1. Make sure you haven't inadvertently blocked his number. This happened has happened a couple of times to us... my husband's mother accidentally blocked him, and even funnier, my husband blocked me accidentally one time. I know this seems impossible, but you just might want to check.

2. Try assigning a different ringtone to your son's number. I've read that sometimes unique ringtones can just stop working. It's simple enough to try.

I'll keep doing some sleuthing to see if I can find anything else. And hopefully, others will chime in as well.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I don't know for sure, but a couple of things you might want to try are:

1. Make sure you haven't inadvertently blocked his number. This happened has happened a couple of times to us... my husband's mother accidentally blocked him, and even funnier, my husband blocked me accidentally one time. I know this seems impossible, but you just might want to check.

2. Try assigning a different ringtone to your son's number. I've read that sometimes unique ringtones can just stop working. It's simple enough to try.

I'll keep doing some sleuthing to see if I can find anything else. And hopefully, others will chime in as well.

I agree with point 2. That makes the most sense, but checking for point 1 can never hurt, though.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711