Anyone holding on to their 8 Plus this year?

Beantool

Jan 13, 2018
Visit site
I have the 64GB 8 Plus and especially after iOS 12 there is literally nothing wrong with the phone. I can’t imagine any of the phones released this year are THAT MUCH better than this phone. In benchmark scores it STILL blows any 2018 Android phone out of the water.

I am on the AT&T Next program and can feasibly get any phone I want in January but I’m not sure I even want to. There’s a part of me that just wants to wait and see what is brought to the table next year. Plus I don’t know that I’m ready to give up Touch ID yet. But then there’s the part of me that always needs the latest and greatest.

So my question is...is anyone else holding on to their 8 Plus this year and are COMPLETELY happy with that decision? And what led you to that decision?

calebt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I've 6 lines on my AT&T family plan 3 iPhone 8's one 8plus one 7 and my X. The 8 plus was my phone which I would still be using if my son didn't break his iPhone 6, I took advantage of a BOGO to get the X and a free 8 for my son.
If I didn't have the X I most likely would of went from the 8plus to the XS or and XR which I really like the size of the XR. Will be looking at the XR's next release.

With that said everyone in family is happy and not asking for upgrades this year.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
My wife and oldest daughter will be using the 8 Plus for at least another year. They love it and after trying my X and then my Max, have little interest in making a change. I don’t blame them. I love the Max, but the 8 Plus is a great phone and I miss Touch ID myself at times.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Most of my users keeping an 8 Plus or 7 Plus seem to be doing it as a spending measure. I noticed things changed fast for some after they had hands on with the XR and Max.

I happen to think all the models are great products but I get why some really want the all screen models or to always go for the best camera and video performance available.

On keep or buy new, I was surprised to see two work associates move to a Pixel.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
My GF has the project Red 8 plus with 256 storage I bought it for her as a future proof device. Hoping to get four more good years before it starts to show its age.

Beantool

Jan 13, 2018
Visit site
I think a nice benchmark to go by when upgrading any iPhone is to wait until max battery capacity hits about 80%. If waiting is your thing, that is.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Yes absolutely! I am still thrilled with this phone, so I have no intention of giving it up soon. I just got back from an awesome cruise, and the photos I took with my 8 Plus are fabulous!

Nelimungous

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I am keeping my 8 plus as long as possible. No interest in a X. This device does everything I need and more. I see many friends swiping their butts off trying to get used to the X. I see their frustration.

iwicked

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
I’m holding on to my 8plus. There’s nothing wrong with it and it’s still blazing fast. I’m super happy with the camera quality, especially for photography. Sometimes I just wish it wasn’t so heavy

wilber1

Trusted Member
May 13, 2013
Visit site
I’m holding on to my 8plus. There’s nothing wrong with it and it’s still blazing fast. I’m super happy with the camera quality, especially for photography. Sometimes I just wish it wasn’t so heavy

Exactly! My feelings on my 8 Plus .

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
Not upgrading. Love my 8+. Works just fine. Not ready to give up Touch ID. I also want a lower bill. Not higher. Apple is great with updates which impressed me. I find no issues like I had with Samsung. I do miss a few things Android offers but those are minor. A phone running well is important to me.

w00cash1020

Nov 24, 2015
Visit site
Oh I am sticking to mine. The new ones are way too overpriced and really dont give anything worth the money and the R is just like my 8 plus minus 3D touch and plus the bigger screen .

RobertP1

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
I have the 64GB 8 Plus and especially after iOS 12 there is literally nothing wrong with the phone. I can’t imagine any of the phones released this year are THAT MUCH better than this phone. In benchmark scores it STILL blows any 2018 Android phone out of the water.

I am on the AT&T Next program and can feasibly get any phone I want in January but I’m not sure I even want to. There’s a part of me that just wants to wait and see what is brought to the table next year. Plus I don’t know that I’m ready to give up Touch ID yet. But then there’s the part of me that always needs the latest and greatest.

So my question is...is anyone else holding on to their 8 Plus this year and are COMPLETELY happy with that decision? And what led you to that decision?

RobertP1

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2016
Visit site

I bought the Max and the XR and I find myself missing my 8+. I literally had no complaints about it and just got caught up in the hype of the new phones. The new phones are great, but I was so happy with my 8+, I’m thinking about going back!

Beantool

Jan 13, 2018
Visit site
I bought the Max and the XR and I find myself missing my 8+. I literally had no complaints about it and just got caught up in the hype of the new phones. The new phones are great, but I was so happy with my 8+, I’m thinking about going back!

Generally speaking though how do you feel about the XR because I’ve been thinking that if I did upgrade it would probably be to that.