Hi fellow iPhone lovers!

So yes, the title says it all! I had a 6s plus for 3 years which I was in love with that was paid off and I was due for an upgrade so at the end of October I decided to go for the XS because I was told that it was bigger than the plus phone, all screen, etc. Even after seeing it in store I thought, ok it SEEMS a bit more narrow but it may not bother me so I gave it a go. Nope, the size was just too narrow for my liking and I missed the display zoom and touch ID from the 6s plus.

I then took the XS back for the XS MAX and had that for around 24 hours before I decided that even though it's the same form factor of the plus and the screen size is beautiful it was way too heavy for my liking (my hands and wrists hurt) and I was even more missing touch ID because I have really small hands and found it so hard to swipe for control center and swipe up for face ID, not to mention the fact that why do you have to use two features to get in your phone vs. one like touch ID? So yes, I decided that I will go back to the XS.

There's more! After having the XS again for a week, I realized that it's just too small for me so I returned it and exchanged it for an 8 plus which should be arriving Friday.

I know some people may think it's a downgrade but to me it's an upgrade from my 6s plus, it's the closest to the 10, xs and max feature wise, I have my home button back and it's $300 cheaper!

Did I make a mistake? lol

So with all of that said:

• Anyone else get the XS or XS MAX and go back to 8 plus?

• Also, I really would like a clear case that doesn't make the phone bigger/bulky/heavy and that will not stick to the pretty glass in the back to give that bubble effect. Any suggestions?

I look forward to your thoughts and suggestions! Thanks in advance!
    RobertP1 likes this.
    11-28-2018 06:59 AM
    That's quite the iPhone journey!
    bgl321, MB64, RobertP1 and 1 others like this.
    11-28-2018 09:22 AM
    I got the xs max... it had issues and I couldn’t justify the price. After waiting I went in and played with the xr and I went with that. My son got my 8 plus, but I haven’t found myself regretting the purchase one bit.
    bgl321 and taz323 like this.
    11-28-2018 09:21 PM
    That’s a lot of back and forth. Congrats on your new 8 plus!
    11-28-2018 11:44 PM
    I find the XR to be a good compromise between the 8 Plus and the XS. It's not as wide as the 8 Plus, but it's definitely lighter than the XS Max but you still get to have the large screen experience.
    11-29-2018 12:56 PM
    Yes! I considered the XR but like you mention, it's not as wide which was a big issue with my X. I prefer the wider screen.

The 8 plus was delivered yesterday and I'm looking forward to unboxing it!
    libra89 likes this.
    11-30-2018 06:55 AM
    Yes! I considered the XR but like you mention, it's not as wide which was a big issue with my X. I prefer the wider screen.

The 8 plus was delivered yesterday and I'm looking forward to unboxing it!
    Great device !Enjoy,
    jessica_lynn9474 likes this.
    11-30-2018 07:02 AM
    Hey, I currently have an iPhone 6 and have been debating on what I should upgrade to, so thanks! Your input was very helpful.
    11-30-2018 08:36 AM
    I went to the 8plus from my 6. Just wish it was a bit lighter lol.
    11-30-2018 10:38 PM
    What a long, strange trip it’s been .
    12-01-2018 02:52 AM
    As an IT administrator I consider all the first tier phones good but now that we have X, the two XS series and XR I confess I’m too into the all screen models. For me it’s considerably less needing a laptop when I leave home or office.

To be fair, the use one does can make a big difference. Yesterday I was in a room of people where some admitted they do little more than calls, text, and check the weather. Others use their phones as work tools. It’s easy to see how some models are too much money or too much to carry.
    12-02-2018 01:06 PM
    I currently have the 8+, XR, and Max! I can’t decide.. I feel your pain
    12-15-2018 08:47 PM
    3 years in with Apple. Coming from Android. 8+ is still my daily driver. Had the 7+ when I came on board with Apple. Not switching. My 8+ is a great device. I prefer Touch ID and since no issues. Why switch? I want a lower bill not higher. I can afford the max. It’s stunning but I have no faults with my 8+ and therefore not switching
    grover5 likes this.
    12-19-2018 01:43 PM
    The 8+ is a great phone so no you didn’t make a mistake. I can’t think of anything significant that the newer iPhones can do that the 8+ can’t off the top of my head? You’ve saved some money and got a decent phone in the process, enjoy it.
    12-23-2018 03:29 AM
    Hi fellow iPhone lovers!

So yes, the title says it all! I had a 6s plus for 3 years which I was in love with that was paid off and I was due for an upgrade so at the end of October I decided to go for the XS because I was told that it was bigger than the plus phone, all screen, etc. Even after seeing it in store I thought, ok it SEEMS a bit more narrow but it may not bother me so I gave it a go. Nope, the size was just too narrow for my liking and I missed the display zoom and touch ID from the 6s plus.

I then took the XS back for the XS MAX and had that for around 24 hours before I decided that even though it's the same form factor of the plus and the screen size is beautiful it was way too heavy for my liking (my hands and wrists hurt) and I was even more missing touch ID because I have really small hands and found it so hard to swipe for control center and swipe up for face ID, not to mention the fact that why do you have to use two features to get in your phone vs. one like touch ID? So yes, I decided that I will go back to the XS.

There's more! After having the XS again for a week, I realized that it's just too small for me so I returned it and exchanged it for an 8 plus which should be arriving Friday.

I know some people may think it's a downgrade but to me it's an upgrade from my 6s plus, it's the closest to the 10, xs and max feature wise, I have my home button back and it's $300 cheaper!

Did I make a mistake? lol

So with all of that said:

• Anyone else get the XS or XS MAX and go back to 8 plus?

• Also, I really would like a clear case that doesn't make the phone bigger/bulky/heavy and that will not stick to the pretty glass in the back to give that bubble effect. Any suggestions?

I look forward to your thoughts and suggestions! Thanks in advance!
    If you’re happy with your phone you didn’t make a mistake. The iPhone 8 Plus is an upgrade from the iPhone 6s Plus. I upgraded to the iPhone XS from the iPhone 7 and I’m happy. Some were telling me to get the iPhone XS Max (go big or go home lol) but I’m not a fan of big phones. Nonetheless I’m happy with my iPhone XS
    12-23-2018 10:45 AM
    I love my 8+. Not upgrading. I want to get this paid off and own it
    This is the first time not upgrading
    I upgraded all the time on Android. Switched to Apple 3 yrs ago. 7+ and now 8+. Happy
    grover5 likes this.
    12-29-2018 09:43 PM
    I currently have the 8+, XR, and Max! I can’t decide.. I feel your pain
    Update... Sent back the Max, keeping the 8+ in the drawer as Back-up and rocking the XR for my daily driver and am very happy with it
    Nonsenseinsd8 likes this.
    01-29-2019 01:59 PM
    If you’re happy with your phone you didn’t make a mistake. The iPhone 8 Plus is an upgrade from the iPhone 6s Plus. I upgraded to the iPhone XS from the iPhone 7 and I’m happy. Some were telling me to get the iPhone XS Max (go big or go home lol) but I’m not a fan of big phones. Nonetheless I’m happy with my iPhone XS
    My wife surprised me with her going from Plus to XS and being totally happy with the XS, and I can't imagine less battery life than my Max.

To be honest I think any 7 or newer is a fine product. The 7s are so good and enough sold they surely contribute to the longer upgrade cycle.

At times I miss the lighter weight and feel of the anodized AL cases. As good as the XR is there's no way I'd live with a single camera now because I had a 7 Plus early and have use the telephoto a lot.

Something else about the upgrade or switching phones cycle I've realized is I'll probably be in the keep it longer cycle as soon as we're not handing phones down to kids or when I retire from IT work. Late model phones are so good that I'm probably in a waiting game for 5G unless I break one.
    PrincessB likes this.
    01-30-2019 08:31 AM
    I told myself I wasnt going to change my iPhone 8+ but the company gave me an iPhone XS Max and let's just say I'm not missing my 8+.
    Don't get me wrong, I loved that thing, great battery life, great camera, and did everything I needed to, but was I going to say no to a free XS Max? no way jose hahahahaha
    Spencerdl likes this.
    04-09-2019 12:30 PM
    I told myself I wasnt going to change my iPhone 8+ but the company gave me an iPhone XS Max and let's just say I'm not missing my 8+.
    Don't get me wrong, I loved that thing, great battery life, great camera, and did everything I needed to, but was I going to say no to a free XS Max? no way jose hahahahaha
    I don't blame you a bit. I'm more than content with my 8+, but if someone offered me an iPhone XS Max, I'd jump on it too!
    04-09-2019 03:05 PM
    That's quite a iPhone journey OP. I remember when there was only one size fits all iPhone...LOL. I'm glad you found one to settle on. I came from a 7 Plus to my current Xs Max and I couldn't be happier.
    04-09-2019 04:18 PM
    I upgraded in February from my 6s to an XR. I’m very happy with my choice.
    04-12-2019 10:23 PM
    I just swapped my wife's 8 plus for a Xr, was too good to pass up, a clean swap brand new xr and a new Nomad rugged folio case for the 8 plus. She loves it. I have had my XR for a few months, had a XS max then a 8 for a short time before it, set up a 8 yesterday to play with and couldn't go back to a home button, bezels.
    The A12 just makes it such a smooth experience.
    My only complaint and its the same for all the big iPhones especially for guys its big/heavy in the pocket, but what do you do go back to a 8 or SE no thanks.
    04-12-2019 11:30 PM
    Update... Sent back the Max, keeping the 8+ in the drawer as Back-up and rocking the XR for my daily driver and am very happy with it
    Another Update. Sold the 8+, Sold the XR, back on XS Max.... Why? Because I am insane and can’t make a decision.
    parker5011 likes this.
    04-19-2019 06:58 AM
    My wife loves the plus sized phones. I don’t which is why I have an X.

The other day a friend of mine was getting ready to take his 8+ to his carrier and hand it back to them because it was “buggy” and froze a lot. He only owed $149 on the phone.

I asked him to sell it to me for that price (I restored it and it works great). Long story short I bought it and was gonna give my wife the X and I would take the 8+because I thought she wanted the bigger screen...she said “no way I love my home button too much” ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

To each their own. I don’t think I could get my wife to take an Xr or XS max at this point. Maybe one day...hahaha
    04-21-2019 12:16 AM