From 6s Plus to XS to XS Max Back to XS to 8 Plus - WOW!

jessica_lynn9474

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Hi fellow iPhone lovers!

So yes, the title says it all! I had a 6s plus for 3 years which I was in love with that was paid off and I was due for an upgrade so at the end of October I decided to go for the XS because I was told that it was bigger than the plus phone, all screen, etc. Even after seeing it in store I thought, ok it SEEMS a bit more narrow but it may not bother me so I gave it a go. Nope, the size was just too narrow for my liking and I missed the display zoom and touch ID from the 6s plus.

I then took the XS back for the XS MAX and had that for around 24 hours before I decided that even though it's the same form factor of the plus and the screen size is beautiful it was way too heavy for my liking (my hands and wrists hurt) and I was even more missing touch ID because I have really small hands and found it so hard to swipe for control center and swipe up for face ID, not to mention the fact that why do you have to use two features to get in your phone vs. one like touch ID? So yes, I decided that I will go back to the XS.

There's more! After having the XS again for a week, I realized that it's just too small for me so I returned it and exchanged it for an 8 plus which should be arriving Friday.

I know some people may think it's a downgrade but to me it's an upgrade from my 6s plus, it's the closest to the 10, xs and max feature wise, I have my home button back and it's $300 cheaper!

Did I make a mistake? lol

So with all of that said:

• Anyone else get the XS or XS MAX and go back to 8 plus?

• Also, I really would like a clear case that doesn't make the phone bigger/bulky/heavy and that will not stick to the pretty glass in the back to give that bubble effect. Any suggestions?

I look forward to your thoughts and suggestions! Thanks in advance! :)

Nov 1, 2018
Visit site
I got the xs max... it had issues and I couldn’t justify the price. After waiting I went in and played with the xr and I went with that. My son got my 8 plus, but I haven’t found myself regretting the purchase one bit.

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
I find the XR to be a good compromise between the 8 Plus and the XS. It's not as wide as the 8 Plus, but it's definitely lighter than the XS Max but you still get to have the large screen experience.

jessica_lynn9474

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Yes! I considered the XR but like you mention, it's not as wide which was a big issue with my X. I prefer the wider screen.

The 8 plus was delivered yesterday and I'm looking forward to unboxing it! :)

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
As an IT administrator I consider all the first tier phones good but now that we have X, the two XS series and XR I confess I’m too into the all screen models. For me it’s considerably less needing a laptop when I leave home or office.

To be fair, the use one does can make a big difference. Yesterday I was in a room of people where some admitted they do little more than calls, text, and check the weather. Others use their phones as work tools. It’s easy to see how some models are too much money or too much to carry.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
3 years in with Apple. Coming from Android. 8+ is still my daily driver. Had the 7+ when I came on board with Apple. Not switching. My 8+ is a great device. I prefer Touch ID and since no issues. Why switch? I want a lower bill not higher. I can afford the max. It’s stunning but I have no faults with my 8+ and therefore not switching

Oct 6, 2018
Visit site
The 8+ is a great phone so no you didn’t make a mistake. I can’t think of anything significant that the newer iPhones can do that the 8+ can’t off the top of my head? You’ve saved some money and got a decent phone in the process, enjoy it.

PrincessB

Trusted Member
Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
Hi fellow iPhone lovers!

So yes, the title says it all! I had a 6s plus for 3 years which I was in love with that was paid off and I was due for an upgrade so at the end of October I decided to go for the XS because I was told that it was bigger than the plus phone, all screen, etc. Even after seeing it in store I thought, ok it SEEMS a bit more narrow but it may not bother me so I gave it a go. Nope, the size was just too narrow for my liking and I missed the display zoom and touch ID from the 6s plus.

I then took the XS back for the XS MAX and had that for around 24 hours before I decided that even though it's the same form factor of the plus and the screen size is beautiful it was way too heavy for my liking (my hands and wrists hurt) and I was even more missing touch ID because I have really small hands and found it so hard to swipe for control center and swipe up for face ID, not to mention the fact that why do you have to use two features to get in your phone vs. one like touch ID? So yes, I decided that I will go back to the XS.

There's more! After having the XS again for a week, I realized that it's just too small for me so I returned it and exchanged it for an 8 plus which should be arriving Friday.

I know some people may think it's a downgrade but to me it's an upgrade from my 6s plus, it's the closest to the 10, xs and max feature wise, I have my home button back and it's $300 cheaper!

Did I make a mistake? lol

So with all of that said:

• Anyone else get the XS or XS MAX and go back to 8 plus?

• Also, I really would like a clear case that doesn't make the phone bigger/bulky/heavy and that will not stick to the pretty glass in the back to give that bubble effect. Any suggestions?

I look forward to your thoughts and suggestions! Thanks in advance! :)

If you’re happy with your phone you didn’t make a mistake. The iPhone 8 Plus is an upgrade from the iPhone 6s Plus. I upgraded to the iPhone XS from the iPhone 7 and I’m happy. Some were telling me to get the iPhone XS Max (go big or go home lol) but I’m not a fan of big phones. Nonetheless I’m happy with my iPhone XS

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I love my 8+. Not upgrading. I want to get this paid off and own it
This is the first time not upgrading
I upgraded all the time on Android. Switched to Apple 3 yrs ago. 7+ and now 8+. Happy

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
If you’re happy with your phone you didn’t make a mistake. The iPhone 8 Plus is an upgrade from the iPhone 6s Plus. I upgraded to the iPhone XS from the iPhone 7 and I’m happy. Some were telling me to get the iPhone XS Max (go big or go home lol) but I’m not a fan of big phones. Nonetheless I’m happy with my iPhone XS

My wife surprised me with her going from Plus to XS and being totally happy with the XS, and I can't imagine less battery life than my Max.

To be honest I think any 7 or newer is a fine product. The 7s are so good and enough sold they surely contribute to the longer upgrade cycle.

At times I miss the lighter weight and feel of the anodized AL cases. As good as the XR is there's no way I'd live with a single camera now because I had a 7 Plus early and have use the telephoto a lot.

Something else about the upgrade or switching phones cycle I've realized is I'll probably be in the keep it longer cycle as soon as we're not handing phones down to kids or when I retire from IT work. Late model phones are so good that I'm probably in a waiting game for 5G unless I break one.

ngc

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I told myself I wasnt going to change my iPhone 8+ but the company gave me an iPhone XS Max and let's just say I'm not missing my 8+.
Don't get me wrong, I loved that thing, great battery life, great camera, and did everything I needed to, but was I going to say no to a free XS Max? no way jose hahahahaha

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I told myself I wasnt going to change my iPhone 8+ but the company gave me an iPhone XS Max and let's just say I'm not missing my 8+.
Don't get me wrong, I loved that thing, great battery life, great camera, and did everything I needed to, but was I going to say no to a free XS Max? no way jose hahahahaha

I don't blame you a bit. I'm more than content with my 8+, but if someone offered me an iPhone XS Max, I'd jump on it too!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234