White vs black front

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure that I liked the change from from the face matching the rest of the phone. But then again, a white back and black face plate is sexy

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
My 7 Plus & 8 were black. I had white for the 6 Plus & 6S Plus. I don’t think I’ll go back. I did it for something different, but I live black better.

Tpence2177

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
I preferred the black front after having a gold 6 plus for so long. I generally tend to have dark cases so the dark colors blend better to me.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I started using Apple 3 yrs this January. Had the rose gold 7+. Then the gold 8+ and took my then early upgrade to get the product red 8+ and it had the black front. Love it. Very sexy phone in my opinion. I didn’t like the product red on the 7+
The glass back on the 8+ is richer in color on the red and the black front had the wow factor I like
I am staying with this phone and not upgrading. I love Touch ID and it works flawless for me. It may seem outdated but I like this phone form factor. I want to get it paid off. It working well.

Tpence2177

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
My girl has the 8 plus didn’t know the 7 plus is white. Interesting

Yeah they switched probably as a differentiator, and I guess to give both sides what they wanted cause some wanted black from on the 7 plus and then others wanted the white. So guess they couldn't please everyone.

grover5

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Yeah they switched probably as a differentiator, and I guess to give both sides what they wanted cause some wanted black from on the 7 plus and then others wanted the white. So guess they couldn't please everyone.

I had the red 7+ with the white front. I liked it quite a bit but I know some people preferred the black front. I have the space grey XS Max now. I can see liking both darker and lighter. Darker is easier for cases. I didn’t want to cover up the red so I used rhinoshield bumpers. I’m rambling now.

ksassy

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
My 7 Plus has a white front but I did that purposely for a change since I've always had a black front on my phones.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
When Apple first introduced the Product Red iPhone 7 line, I remember that the faceplate was white, and there was a huge outcry (at least here on iMore) that the face plate should have been black. I thought the white was ok, but, when Apple released the Product Red iPhone 8 line, with the black face, I could see what the hullabaloo had been about. I do think the black faceplate on the Product Red phones looks better.

As for the other colors, I think it depends. I loved my silver 6s with the white faceplate and my Gold 8 Plus with the white faceplate. So I guess in most cases I lean towards white, even though when I got my first iPhone (a 4) it was black, and I couldn't imagine having anything else. How times change!!!

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I have always had white . All my Note phones were white fronts except the Note 7.
My first iPhone was white. And when I got 8+ product red wanted the black. I think it’s prettiest with the black and product red

phlamethrowre

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
I have always had white . All my Note phones were white fronts except the Note 7.
My first iPhone was white. And when I got 8+ product red wanted the black. I think it’s prettiest with the black and product red

What color was your Note 7, charcoal black?? .

Sorry, I couldn’t pass on the chance for one more Note 7 joke.

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
My front and back match,( silver 8 plus). Although Apple calls the color silver. Maybe I am color blind, but it looks more off white to me.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Black front... less distracting. I hated when the white phones had the white front. ??????

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234