Iphone 7 and 8 plus cellular and WIFI connection issues

Gatallica777

Dec 27, 2016
Visit site
I use 3 network in the UK. Its been a great network the last 3 or so years. Ive had every iPhone since iPhone 5, I learnt from people that in the UK the modem used in these phones is an Intel one, which is less superior to the Qualcomm ones.

Basically I had these issues with my 7, ive only had the 8 less than a week and can tell that things are even worse. If I rang my network, they would say the issue cant be everywhere.

I replaced my sim today, and have used it for 2/3 hours, I can tell that the issue hasnt changed, I dont know what to do.

I have reset network settings, used aeroplane mode on and off, hard reset, in the past with my 7 I done a restore as well as set the phone up as new.

Also WIFI at home and in public places is even worse than on my 7, I can tell this just in a matter of days. On my 7 I could rarely get WIFI calling at home, my carrier supports, and when I do, even when I dont my voice sounds washed out and the person on the other end of the line cant hear me.

What to do, what to do

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
First of all, you're not specifying exactly what the problems is. Secondly, saying that Wi-Fi is "even worse" is vague. Are you able to get online and surf the web via Cellular and Wi-Fi networks? I get that you prefer a Qualcomm chip, but that's not what you have. Still, to say that the differences in performance is exceptional is difficult for me to believe since I've used both chips over the years, however, to be fair, I'm not in the UK.

If you're that concerned about your iPhone 8, and you've only had it for less than a week, make a Genius Bar appointment with the nearest Apple Store to have them either switch it out or get a refund.

Gatallica777

Dec 27, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. Yes basically my phone 'works' with cellular and WIFI. It isnt enough, when the signal keeps dropping.

Also I couldnt be any more specific. First I didnt purchase the phone from Apple, and second I dont think an exchange would make much difference, as they did that with my 7 and it was the same.

Apple always just try and ignore the issue, the chip in the 8/8plus should be faster for connectivity, I can rarely get data in any situation, let alone being able to make or receive a call without my end sounding like its underwater, same issue here with the 7 for me as well

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234