Currently got a Samsung S6.
    Can get 64GB Refurbished 8 Plus for £540
    Xr probably to be sold around £750.
    Should I get 8 Plus now or wait until the Xr?
    Can't find anywhere that predicts the Xr's street price after launch.
    Hoping to spend no more than £650.
    09-29-2018 01:23 PM
    If you don’t need the iPhone then wait for the iPhone XR. If the price of the iPhone XR is too high when it is released then don’t buy it and get the iPhone 8 Plus at that time.
    Spencerdl and calebt like this.
    09-29-2018 01:27 PM
    If you don’t need the iPhone then wait for the iPhone XR. If the price of the iPhone XR is too high when it is released then don’t buy it and get the iPhone 8 Plus at that time.
    Exactly. Good advice Sir.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    09-29-2018 02:42 PM
    Welcome to iMore SBO2, Thanks for joining. Feel free to join in on the many discussions. Enjoy the forum.
    09-29-2018 02:44 PM
    Hi first post here, I just bought the 8 Plus and came from a 6S. I waited to see the unveiling of the XR and to be honest it convinced me to go with the 8+. I fancied the telephoto lens and unlike many techie types I like the classic iPhone form factor! It’s my first Plus iPhone and the size is often a little awkward so I’m still getting used to that. The XR is only very slightly smaller so I figured I might as well get used to a bigger iPhone sooner rather than later. I got £44 cash back on the contract too so it comes in at just over £900 over the two years with 15GB of data. It’s a really nice phone and I’m pleased I made the right choice
    10-06-2018 03:47 PM
    Welcome to iMore

SB02
    The-Real-Deal82

Enjoy and Post Often
    The-Real-Deal82 likes this.
    10-06-2018 03:55 PM
    Good for you chum , great choice .
    anachrotech likes this.
    10-06-2018 04:13 PM
    I am extremely happy with my 8+ I have the product red and just love it. I am not upgrading anytime soon unless the newer phones not yet released have Touch ID added. I really like having Touch ID over facial recognition. It is a big reason I haven’t updated and also I want to get my monthly bill lowered, not increased. My iPad is almost paid off and still paying on my phone too.
    10-09-2018 06:32 PM
    I wouldn't buy a 8 plus now for me, its nearly a 5 year old design. But some don't care, i got my wife and 2 kids a 8 plus and 8's earlier in the year for bargain prices and they love them. No way i would buy them on a contract now. I didn't like the plus with big forehead and chin, the Max is a bit smaller and is weighted better in the hand, i can use one handed.
    XR screen is same as a 8 not even a plus. I'd say its for those upgrading from a 6,7,8 and don't want to spend the extra $$.
    10-14-2018 07:10 PM
    I’d say wait until the XR. Though the iPhone 8 Plus is not a bad buy.
    10-14-2018 07:22 PM
    I'm hanging on to my 8+ so far, don't like face id and I think that will disturbe me with my kind of use. I'm so satisfied with my 8+, it's awesome and have fingerprintsensor
    Jude526 likes this.
    10-15-2018 01:51 PM
    I'm hanging on to my 8+ so far, don't like face id and I think that will disturbe me with my kind of use. I'm so satisfied with my 8+, it's awesome and have fingerprintsensor
    Wife says the same thing. She has the 8 plus. She played with my XS Max and previous iPhone X and she does not like Face ID at all. She wants the fingerprint sensor. Fine with me. Saves me money lol.
    fredriks likes this.
    10-24-2018 01:52 PM
    Sitting tight with my 8 Plus!
    Jude526 likes this.
    10-24-2018 01:57 PM
    For the first time I am not going to upgrade. I have said previously need to be smart. But I did go check them all out and if I had the money, it would have to be the Max. I didn’t feel the “gotta have” on the XR like I had hoped I would. I really still like my 8+
    11-02-2018 01:50 AM
    Disturb you how, if you don’t mind me asking?
    11-02-2018 08:26 AM
    Disturb you how, if you don’t mind me asking?
    Today I know better, I have upgraded to a Max . Face id works great, far better than I would think. At this time a haven't missed fingerprintsensor at all
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    11-02-2018 08:35 AM
    I thought I wouldn’t like Face ID and so didn’t get the X last year and got the 8 plus instead.
    Loved my 8 Plus but I went ahead and got the Xs this year and I’m surprised how much I like Face ID. It’s incredibly fast and I don’t even have to think about it. I’m annoyed with the button I have to press on my iPad now, lol.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    11-04-2018 07:39 PM
    Today I know better, I have upgraded to a Max . Face id works great, far better than I would think. At this time a haven't missed fingerprintsensor at all
    I thought I wouldn’t like Face ID and so didn’t get the X last year and got the 8 plus instead.
    Loved my 8 Plus but I went ahead and got the Xs this year and I’m surprised how much I like Face ID. It’s incredibly fast and I don’t even have to think about it. I’m annoyed with the button I have to press on my iPad now, lol.
    I am still using the iPhone X, and FaceID has always worked well for me. Simply look at the phone and have it auto-unlock for you or look at the phone to pay for something via Pay. I’m sure it’s even faster on the newer devices. Anyway, I’m glad you both are enjoying your new iPhone.
    Westiemom and fredriks like this.
    11-04-2018 07:48 PM
    I am not upgrading from the 8+ to the XR. Mine costs more than the XR! Go figure on that. I like my 256gig 8+ just fine. It works to my satisfaction and still paying on it. I am not upgrading even tho now I can early upgrade. My iPad Pro paid off in two months. My bill will be lower. I don’t want a higher bill.
    The Max would be my choice but I don’t need it. I am trying to buy a house. Now that’s more important to me!
    Gray Area likes this.
    11-25-2018 05:31 PM