Anyone moving up from their 8 Plus?

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Is anyone upgrading from an iPhone 8 Plus (or iPhone 8) to either the iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR?

I'm not. I'm still thrilled with my 8 Plus! I'll be sitting tight with it for at least another year!

TurdRon_FergusonBurgundy

Jul 10, 2018
Visit site
XS Max 256gb is approaching $2000 when you look at buying the phone, glass screen protector and case. 512gb $2250.

CRAZY pricing. More than happy with my PR 8 Plus and I am running iOS 12 GM and it's super fast and smooth. Am upgrading to the Apple Watch Series 4 Stainless Steel though. Nice hardware updates, solid new features and pricing I'm cool with.

TurdRon_FergusonBurgundy

Jul 10, 2018
Visit site
XS Max 256gb is approaching $2000 when you look at buying the phone, glass screen protector and case. 512gb $2250.

CRAZY pricing. More than happy with my PR 8 Plus and I am running iOS 12 GM and it's super fast and smooth. Am upgrading to the Apple Watch Series 4 Stainless Steel though. Nice hardware updates, solid new features and pricing I'm cool with.

Important to note I'm talking CAD $.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I was thinking no but since they are doing away with them I might. I want to check it out and play with it. My brother ordered without playing with it. I need to see it

TurdRon_FergusonBurgundy

Jul 10, 2018
Visit site
I was thinking no but since they are doing away with them I might. I want to check it out and play with it. My brother ordered without playing with it. I need to see it

Had a very quick thought along the same lines but then came to the following conclusion:

1. Love my Product Red 8 Plus
2. Fully covered under AC+ until 2020
3. Phone is running amazing on iOS 12
4. Will revisit next fall when Touch ID is built into the screen
5. Even then, may wait for the S variation to come out in 2020 giving them time to make any necessary improvements to the in screen ID tech.

TurdRon_FergusonBurgundy

Jul 10, 2018
Visit site
I don’t have iOS 12 yet

I downloaded the GM beta yesterday which is basically the exact same version to come out to the public Monday. First time I've done it, just found 11 was glitchy and wanted to give it a go and glad I did. You'll see it Monday and I am almost certain you will love it. Finding my 8 Plus is flying on it. Running so smoothly.

TurdRon_FergusonBurgundy

Jul 10, 2018
Visit site
Hope so. Don’t like 11

I am not exaggerating when I say I noticed the improvements immediately. Literally.

Found 11 was buggy - example being transitions were sometimes stuttered or I guess the right wording is not smooth. In 12 they are super smooth and swiping screens, opening and closing apps is really fluent and fast.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711