Anyone moving up from their 8 Plus?

ab06deg1

Nov 25, 2016
Visit site
I don’t know what to do...I’m a plus size user, the regular Xs feels small to me. Max has an inch more screen that I don’t need and doesn’t bring me new functionality (split screen or something) and it’s even harder to use it with one hand... Last year True Tone was enough to make me upgrade from 7 plus. I think I love my 8 plus too much this year flew too quick lol

IanMcB

Jul 5, 2015
Visit site
So this isn’t really an answer to the specific thread, but...I’ve been thinking about re-joining the iOS fray after a few years with Android. The new phones are just too much $$$ for me to make the jump so today I went out and bought a 256gig 8 plus. Have it all set up and looking forward to diving in and getting familiar with this side again.

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site
So this isn’t really an answer to the specific thread, but...I’ve been thinking about re-joining the iOS fray after a few years with Android. The new phones are just too much $$$ for me to make the jump so today I went out and bought a 256gig 8 plus. Have it all set up and looking forward to diving in and getting familiar with this side again.

Not a bad choice, the difference between a 8 plus and Max is $700AUD here.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I need to be logical. There is absolutely nothing wrong with my product red 8+. I love it. I did an early upgrade from the gold to the product red because red is my favorite color. And this red is beautiful. I now have the iOS 12 and it’s working fine. I am not seeing too much of a difference other than battery life has improved. I am going to hold off for awhile. Nothing is broke so why fix it. . I don’t feel it’s outdated. My brother is getting the max. If I do decide it’s the max for me because I prefer a large screen. But I am perfectly fine right now. I am still paying on my iPad and my phone. I can early upgrade but honestly I would like to own this phone . So I am going to keep it.
I would like to see the max be done in product red. That would be stunning

Spectrumite

Jul 14, 2018
Visit site
Emphatic "No" from me - :D - My Product Red 8 Plus is da bomb. It is fast, efficient, pretty, and I can't imagine that any of these new iPhones are that much better, especially for the price. I still have my iPhone SE, which is a really powerful little smartphone, and the difference between it and my 8+ basically comes down to screen size.

This demonstrates to me the strength of iPhones over the competition. When you invest in an iProduct it will not become obsolete day after tomorrow. I'm figuring on using my 8+ for at least 5 more years, and believe it will remain strong during that stretch.

fredriks

May 24, 2013
Visit site
I have been looking at the XS Max and thought I would by it as soon as I laid my my hands on it. But I didn't, I'm so happy with my 8+. One of the reasons I haven bought one already is face id. With my kind of use I'm not convinced that it's for me. I have my phone in a carholder when driving and now it's so easy to wake my my 8+ with fingerprint. Same thing when my phone is on my desk, so easy to open it with just fingerprint

And then it's the money, damn, it's a lot of money......

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I am not fond of the ios12. I did reset and will see how it goes. I decided not to upgrade early. I like my 8+ product red too much. I love Touch ID and why trade when nothing wrong? May not be latest greatest but it does what I need. It’s beautiful too

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I recently played with the max s. It’s a great device but I don’t want to give up fingerprint either. I want less debt. Not more. As I said previously my 8+ works great except some issues on 12ioS.

iwicked

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
I recently played with the max s. It’s a great device but I don’t want to give up fingerprint either. I want less debt. Not more. As I said previously my 8+ works great except some issues on 12ioS.

A colleague purchased the XS moving from 7. I played around with it and the screen was gorgeous. I saw him just look at the screen and it unlocks - so fast!

But I can’t afford it. More importantly, I don’t feel compelled to upgrade.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I am not upgrading as well. It’s so expensive. More than what I paid for my iPad Pro! And 3 more months and it’s paid off! I like my 8+
I am fine as well

Nonsenseinsd8

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
Is anyone upgrading from an iPhone 8 Plus (or iPhone 8) to either the iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR?

I'm not. I'm still thrilled with my 8 Plus! I'll be sitting tight with it for at least another year!

I’ve tried both the xs max and the xs (returned both) and just called Sprint to order an 8 plus. Both are lovely devices but I just can’t justify the price for the product (IMO, of course). I’m going to hold on to that home button for just a little while longer.

fridayxiii

Jul 27, 2009
Visit site
Yep, I'm moving from my 8+ to the XR. I wasn't planning on it but the Product Red XR caught my eye, and when I checked my upgrade eligibility for giggles, I found out I can upgrade now without affecting my monthly payment. That sealed the deal, it was an easy "why not?" for me.

iwicked

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
Yep, I'm moving from my 8+ to the XR. I wasn't planning on it but the Product Red XR caught my eye, and when I checked my upgrade eligibility for giggles, I found out I can upgrade now without affecting my monthly payment. That sealed the deal, it was an easy "why not?" for me.

The XR is reported to be the most popular iPhone this year. Enjoy your new device!

ab06deg1

Nov 25, 2016
Visit site
Me too!
I can’t ruin this zen
944fd936dcb0e1ac235cd9e7d84e1ddf.jpg

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member