Anyone moving up from their 8 Plus?

Les74

May 30, 2011
Visit site
8+ to Xs MAX.....I'm still thinking about it...

Same. I’m still very happy with my Plus, but am seriously considering upgrading. I still owe another $350 before I can upgrade though. Am I crazy for wanting to do this????

fredriks

May 24, 2013
Visit site
No, will keep my 8+. Not ready for face unlock yet and I think the pricing of these new IPhones is crazy. No worth an upgrade at this point. Waiting for IOS12 and thinking that IPhone 8+ will be great with this upgrade.

Maybe I will upgrade when fingerprintsensor is embedded in the front

TurdRon_FergusonBurgundy

Jul 10, 2018
Visit site
No, will keep my 8+. Not ready for face unlock yet and I think the pricing of these new IPhones is crazy. No worth an upgrade at this point. Waiting for IOS12 and thinking that IPhone 8+ will be great with this upgrade.

Maybe I will upgrade when fingerprintsensor is embedded in the front

Can confirm IOS12 on the 8 Plus is VERY good. Stable, smooth and super fast.

TurdRon_FergusonBurgundy

Jul 10, 2018
Visit site
I went ahead and ordered the XS Max, the X Is too small which is why last year I went with the 8plus...

If I were (not at all entertaining it right now) I'd be going for the XS. Gives me a plus size display in a form factor that is smaller than my PR 8 Plus. Believe it's 5.8" (.3 bigger) but noticeably smaller top to bottom. I don't need 6.5 in a phone, so rather go with the model that gives me a slightly larger screen than my Plus but smaller overall body size

LadiJae

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
If I were (not at all entertaining it right now) I'd be going for the XS. Gives me a plus size display in a form factor that is smaller than my PR 8 Plus. Believe it's 5.8" (.3 bigger) but noticeably smaller top to bottom. I don't need 6.5 in a phone, so rather go with the model that gives me a slightly larger screen than my Plus but smaller overall body size

I've held the X and always feels like I'm gonna drop it
I just like overall larger size

TurdRon_FergusonBurgundy

Jul 10, 2018
Visit site
I've held the X and always feels like I'm gonna drop it
I just like overall larger size

I respect that, for me the XS hits the sweet spot in terms of display size and form factor. XS Max is a sweet looking device though, I'm just going to be happy to have a phone a little more pocketable next time around

LadiJae

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
I respect that, for me the XS hits the sweet spot in terms of display size and form factor. XS Max is a sweet looking device though, I'm just going to be happy to have a phone a little more pocketable next time around

I mostly hand carry, or it goes in the purse or in the bra for quick holds ( which I'm trying to stop doing )

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I am wanting to see the max. It would be the option. But holding off for now. Let them get the kinks out if any
My brother has it on order

TurdRon_FergusonBurgundy

Jul 10, 2018
Visit site
So, I bit and ordered the 64g XS Max. Should be here Friday......hopefully.

I still do not have the urge to bite and purchase. The true test will be once people start getting their phones and more unboxing and review videos go up on YouTube. IF I do purchase though, minimum I'd go with is 256gb.

Apps are getting large, 4k video as we know eats space like crazy and I Plan on taking better advantage of the photography capabilities which will use up space too. Current Product Red is 64gb and I have a lot of space left but definitely going 256gb next time around - especially if I ended up purchasing an XS or XS Max where I would plan on keeping it for a few years.

Les74

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I still do not have the urge to bite and purchase. The true test will be once people start getting their phones and more unboxing and review videos go up on YouTube. IF I do purchase though, minimum I'd go with is 256gb.

Apps are getting large, 4k video as we know eats space like crazy and I Plan on taking better advantage of the photography capabilities which will use up space too. Current Product Red is 64gb and I have a lot of space left but definitely going 256gb next time around - especially if I ended up purchasing an XS or XS Max where I would plan on keeping it for a few years.

Oh, I definitely thought about going with 256, but generally, I don’t use that much. Figured I would just go with the 64. I usually don’t even use half of that.

TurdRon_FergusonBurgundy

Jul 10, 2018
Visit site
Oh, I definitely thought about going with 256, but generally, I don’t use that much. Figured I would just go with the 64. I usually don’t even use half of that.

I understand and respect that. We all have our different needs, wants and uses. Most important thing is you are happy with your purchase and device. Enjoy your new phone once it arrives

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2