Weird chime

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Hello, for the second time the last two days. I get this weird chime going off on my 8 Plus. It almost sounds like an alert or call coming in.
But there are no notifications, just this weird chime.
I tried to reset the phone, but the steps do not work.
Has anybody experienced this? Thanks

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Hello, for the second time the last two days. I get this weird chime going off on my 8 Plus. It almost sounds like an alert or call coming in.
But there are no notifications, just this weird chime.
I tried to reset the phone, but the steps do not work.
Has anybody experienced this? Thanks

Check your notification settings for your apps and see if you can narrow down where it might be coming from. You may have sounds on for something, but lockscreen, history, & banner are turned off.

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Check your notification settings for your apps and see if you can narrow down where it might be coming from. You may have sounds on for something, but lockscreen, history, & banner are turned off.

Thanks nikkisharif, I am doing that now. But that weird chime I get, when I go into my sounds. There is no chime there that sounds like the one I am getting. The second time it happened, it froze my phone. I think my phone is possessed.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
My girlfriend had a similar issue a while back and it ended up being her cat app. She found out the weird chime was the cat was hungry.

It could be coming from an app so check the settings on your apps especially any entertainment apps

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Thanks nikkisharif, I am doing that now. But that weird chime I get, when I go into my sounds. There is no chime there that sounds like the one I am getting. The second time it happened, it froze my phone. I think my phone is possessed.

You’re welcome!!

That’s weird that it froze the phone! If it’s not an app, then your phone is definitely possessed Good Luck!

My girlfriend had a similar issue a while back and it ended up being her cat app. She found out the weird chime was the cat was hungry.

Now that’s creepy🤣

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
You’re welcome!!

That’s weird that it froze the phone! If it’s not an app, then your phone is definitely possessed Good Luck!

Now that’s creepy🤣

Thanks again! I use the tile app. I am guessing since I tweaked the settings, it could be from that. I don’t know, I haven’t gotten the chime yet today. So time will tell.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
This happened to me, and at the worst time possible! I have TrackR pixels and have the bad habit of putting my keys in my back pocket! Well, if I sat down in a certain way, it would set off the alarm on my phone!

Honey Beagle

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site

No it is your phone telling it likes you.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73