Help buying a new IPhone 8 Plus

PittFanIAm

Feb 5, 2017
Visit site
So I'm not very savvy with this stuff. I'm looking at picking up an iphone 8 plus on ebay. I'm attaching a link to the phone that i'm thinking about buying. I'm hoping one of you more knowledgeable posters can take a quick look to make sure everything looks good...no scams...will work...decent model?...good deal...any insight you think i might need to know?

- At&t is my carrier

I really do appreciate any and all help. Thank you!

[redacted]

Last edited by a moderator:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If you’re not tech savvy and are worried about scams, why won’t you purchase the device from a local retailer, your wireless carrier or Apple? Doing so would be the safest way and you will indeed get a brand new iPhone.

wilber1

Trusted Member
May 13, 2013
Visit site
Ditto to that I learned years ago with a BlackBerry I bought on Kijiji it was a stolen phone and Never worked proper for long , do it right through your carrier or Apple store and receive a brand new device .

MB64

Trusted Member
Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
Swappa is a good site for iphones. And here as well. But I agree with the others. If you can afford to buy one on ebay cash, why not buy one from Apple or from your provider?

Honey Beagle

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
I purchased my iphone 8Plus on ebay for around 600.00 lsst year. The phone arrived just as described. Even better. The photograph of the screen looked worse than the actual phone.

Verrrrry minor verrrry unoticable scuff marks. Have to check the sellers feed back ratings before purchasing on ebay.

Honey Beagle

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
So I'm not very savvy with this stuff. I'm looking at picking up an iphone 8 plus on ebay. I'm attaching a link to the phone that i'm thinking about buying. I'm hoping one of you more knowledgeable posters can take a quick look to make sure everything looks good...no scams...will work...decent model?...good deal...any insight you think i might need to know?

- At&t is my carrier

I really do appreciate any and all help. Thank you!

[redacted]

I do not see the link to look at the phone.

mrluky60

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
I have a number of phones on eBay and I have very well but now I would do what the previous people have said.I just bought the 8+ at best buy yesterday 8 6 2018.and now I feel worry free,do the same!

Dealz417

Nov 21, 2016
Visit site
I purchased my iphone 8Plus on ebay for around 600.00 lsst year. The phone arrived just as described. Even better. The photograph of the screen looked worse than the actual phone.

Verrrrry minor verrrry unoticable scuff marks. Have to check the sellers feed back ratings before purchasing on ebay.

This ^

Nothing wrong with eBay for buying phones as long as you take a closer look at the listing and seller.

Have a look at the pictures posted by the seller, item description, seller feedback etc.

Ask the seller a question about the item, see how well they support/help you.

Local retailer, network provider or Apple is fine to if your not confident about buying from eBay.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I have been on eBay for close to 17 years and have bought and sold many phones, I haven’t had any major issues but I make sure I always put the serial number and IMEI in my listings for folks so they can check them out for themselves.

But it all goes back to an old saying “buyer beware” which means ask questions and do your homework before buying any used device.

I have had good luck buying used Blackberry devices off Kijiji from my Canadian friends without any issues. I always make sure to check the device with my SIM before buying it and make sure I have a good vibe from the person I am buying it from.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Swappa.com is the safest way to buy used phones. They run every IMEI to make sure it’s not blacklisted or financed before the ad can go live. eBay none of that is done.

Honey Beagle

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
This ^

Nothing wrong with eBay for buying phones as long as you take a closer look at the listing and seller.

Have a look at the pictures posted by the seller, item description, seller feedback etc.

Ask the seller a question about the item, see how well they support/help you.

Local retailer, network provider or Apple is fine to if your not confident about buying from eBay.

I do get phones and iPads from EBAY. Only purchase I had problems with was a iPhone. My fault. I did not know at the time what iCloud locked meant. So I purchased this phone. Looked new when arrived. I thought iCloud locked was the phone had a password associated with it. So when setting up the phone with my Apple ID that did not work. Could not figure out why. Soooooo the phone is laying around sleeping.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2