From a stationary bicycle at a Planet Fitness, my 8+ dropped to the floor hard and bounced a few feet. I was listening to some tunes and my hand caught the headphone wire and threw the phone to the floor with some velocity lol --.

I am using an Otterbox Symmetry case so . . . . no damage at all. Two lessons learned: 1. Keep the expensive device cased, and 2. Maybe invest in bluetooth headphones
    08-02-2018 09:50 AM
    I am so glad that your phone is all right! When I read your subject title, and chill ran down my spine. I think that this is anybody’s worst nightmare that their iPhone or any other smart phone for that matter, gets dropped! I’m glad your case succeeded in protecting your phone. I don’t have an OtterBox case on my phone but I do have one that has drop protection.
    08-02-2018 10:05 AM
    Great to hear

iPhones are not as fragile as some are lead to believe. Should have survived that fall without a case as well
    08-02-2018 11:31 AM
    Wireless headphones at the gym, in my opinion, are a must.
    vpblaze, Jude526 and cardan08 like this.
    08-02-2018 12:40 PM
    The only phone I ever cracked is my note 8, a one foot drop and it cracked at the right hand corner and I have found that a lot of note 8's Crack in that spot.Hmmmm.
    08-02-2018 01:17 PM
    I dropped a naked iPhone X without a case from my shoulder level down to the floor while on a stair master. Just a ding on the outer edge.
    08-03-2018 04:31 PM
    Ugh. These types of stories make me cringe. I'm glad it doesn't have a terrible ending though.

Yeah, that's why I never go to the gym with wired headphones. They get in the way.
    08-03-2018 09:22 PM
    From a stationary bicycle at a Planet Fitness, my 8+ dropped to the floor hard and bounced a few feet. I was listening to some tunes and my hand caught the headphone wire and threw the phone to the floor with some velocity lol --.

I am using an Otterbox Symmetry case so . . . . no damage at all. Two lessons learned: 1. Keep the expensive device cased, and 2. Maybe invest in bluetooth headphones
    Maybe no exterior damage but who knows what the shock and impact did on the inside. Time will tell.
    08-03-2018 09:58 PM
    I am so glad that your phone is all right! When I read your subject title, and chill ran down my spine. I think that this is anybody’s worst nightmare that their iPhone or any other smart phone for that matter, gets dropped! I’m glad your case succeeded in protecting your phone. I don’t have an OtterBox case on my phone but I do have one that has drop protection.
    There are worse nightmares in life. Just saying
    08-03-2018 09:59 PM
    I’m surprised that there are still people that use wired headphones with their mobile devices. I see it in developing countries, but it surprises me when I see them used in first world countries.

I use an Apple leather case at home and a Magpul case when working.
    08-04-2018 01:10 AM
    Maybe no exterior damage but who knows what the shock and impact did on the inside. Time will tell.
    Ouch! Hopefully there's no interior damage. It's been two days since the drop, and everything seems to be working well however!
    08-04-2018 02:19 AM
    I’m surprised that there are still people that use wired headphones with their mobile devices. I see it in developing countries, but it surprises me when I see them used in first world countries.
    LOL the phone was so expensive I couldn't afford wireless
    08-04-2018 02:21 AM
    I did the same thing with my first generation iPhone. The distance was like 4 feet. Dented one of the corners and the bottom was a bit bent. Phone still worked great and the screen did not break.
    08-26-2018 01:22 PM
    Seems like these occurrences happen at these exercise places. Pay someone to work at their business then break your phones there. Does not seem like a good idea. Would quit this gym stuff.
    08-26-2018 01:24 PM