Home iMore Q&A > iPhone 8 Plus

Screen Moves Down?

Asked: Jul 19 2018 | 9:14 am EDT 1697 Views 4 Answers View Best Answer

If I tap the Home button on my 8 Plus very lightly twice, the screen moves down half way. After it moves down, if I touch the screen it simply restores. It's an interesting feature, but I can't figure out what it's for? Here's screen shots:

Screen Moves Down?-img_4993.jpg

After the double tap:
Screen Moves Down?-img_4994.jpg

Does anyone know what this feature is for? TIA

Best Answer

Jul 19 2018 | 3:47 pm EDT Ledsteplin

It did! Thanks for the quick response.
You can disable it in settlngs > General > Accessibility > Toggle off Reachability.

More Answers

Jul 19 2018 | 9:34 am EDT Lee_Bo

It's for one-handed use when you can't quite reach something on the top of the screen. This feature brings the screen down to an area you can reach.

So lets say you were holding a bag or some books in one hand, and you needed to click on the settings icon, but you just can't quite reach it with your thumb. This feature brings the settings icon (or anything on the top of the screen) down to an area you can reach with your thumb.

I hope that answered your question.
Jul 19 2018 | 1:17 pm EDT Spencerdl

This feature actually started when Apple started making the plus model iPhones.
Jul 19 2018 | 3:38 pm EDT Spectrumite

It's for one-handed use when you can't quite reach something on the top of the screen. This feature brings the screen down to an area you can reach.

So lets say you were holding a bag or some books in one hand, and you needed to click on the settings icon, but you just can't quite reach it with your thumb. This feature brings the settings icon (or anything on the top of the screen) down to an area you can reach with your thumb.

I hope that answered your question.
It did! Thanks for the quick response.