If I tap the Home button on my 8 Plus very lightly twice, the screen moves down half way. After it moves down, if I touch the screen it simply restores. It's an interesting feature, but I can't figure out what it's for? Here's screen shots:

Screen Moves Down?-img_4993.jpg

After the double tap:
    Screen Moves Down?-img_4994.jpg

Does anyone know what this feature is for? TIA
    07-19-2018 08:14 AM
  2. Ledsteplin said: Best Answer

It did! Thanks for the quick response.
    You can disable it in settlngs > General > Accessibility > Toggle off Reachability.
    It's for one-handed use when you can't quite reach something on the top of the screen. This feature brings the screen down to an area you can reach.

So lets say you were holding a bag or some books in one hand, and you needed to click on the settings icon, but you just can't quite reach it with your thumb. This feature brings the settings icon (or anything on the top of the screen) down to an area you can reach with your thumb.

I hope that answered your question.
    Spencerdl and Spectrumite like this.
    07-19-2018 08:34 AM
    This feature actually started when Apple started making the plus model iPhones.
    Spectrumite and Lee_Bo like this.
    07-19-2018 12:17 PM
    It's for one-handed use when you can't quite reach something on the top of the screen. This feature brings the screen down to an area you can reach.

So lets say you were holding a bag or some books in one hand, and you needed to click on the settings icon, but you just can't quite reach it with your thumb. This feature brings the settings icon (or anything on the top of the screen) down to an area you can reach with your thumb.

I hope that answered your question.
    07-19-2018 02:38 PM
    You can disable it in settlngs > General > Accessibility > Toggle off Reachability.
    Lee_Bo and pkcable like this.
    07-19-2018 02:47 PM