You made a great decision. Apple products are much easier to navigate as well.
    06-25-2018 11:14 PM
    Congrats and enjoy your iPhone!
    07-01-2018 11:57 AM
    Congratulations! Welcome!
    07-01-2018 03:07 PM
    Welcome to the Club
    iwoodland likes this.
    07-02-2018 07:43 PM
    Well gang after spending some time with the new iPhone I am totally sold. Battery life is pretty phenomenal - charge it 100% two days ago and still going strong. I know, it's new, but it's a nice change from what I had. Had a chance to take some photos and make a couple videos and they look amazing. Yes, I'm definitely loving this phone.
    Sherry_B, Westiemom and iwoodland like this.
    07-04-2018 11:49 AM
    Welcome. I also made the switch. Will be two yrs in 2019. I am all in on the apple train
    07-16-2018 01:32 AM
    07-16-2018 05:27 PM
    Welcome!
    07-18-2018 10:14 PM
    The 8 plus was the phone I’m considering when my s8 contract is up. I am hesitant through as it seems iPhones are not great for actually doing stuff. The lack of live widgets where I can easy add notes, reminders and check calendar and emails, the swipe left widgets screen on iOS is worse than awful and lags bad. The key reason, correct me if I’m wrong (I hope I am) but iOS still does not natively have the ability to manage group emails? As someone who uses their phone for work and not just as an expensive toy, group email management is essential.
    07-19-2018 10:45 AM
    The 8 plus was the phone I’m considering when my s8 contract is up. I am hesitant through as it seems iPhones are not great for actually doing stuff. The lack of live widgets where I can easy add notes, reminders and check calendar and emails, the swipe left widgets screen on iOS is worse than awful and lags bad. The key reason, correct me if I’m wrong (I hope I am) but iOS still does not natively have the ability to manage group emails? As someone who uses their phone for work and not just as an expensive toy, group email management is essential.
    Just about 18 months ago I made the switch from Android (Galaxy Note 4) to iOS (iPhone SE) and have recently upgraded to an iPhone 8+. As far as practical usage, I've found the iPhones to be at least the equals of the Android phones, and even better than Blackberry devices way back when they were the "thing". The iOS native apps are very good (Notes, Calendar, email, etc), but also every useful Google app is also available - Keep, Calendar, etc. and in my experience the Google apps run cleaner on iOS than they do even on Android. I agree with you that Widgets on iOS are anemic, however all the productivity apps are available from icons. I discovered it's easy to live without widgets lol. There's several full-featured email applications (including Gmail) that can handle group emails.

My most difficult adjustment for the switch from Android to iOS is that the Apple os offers much less creativity in its UI. However, for people like myself (and it sounds like you) who use smartphones for their most practical strengths, this is a good thing. iOS is really a pretty straightforward, no frills, get-it-done objectively os. I think you would be pleasantly surprised if you got the 8+.

oh yeah - don't get me started on the multitasking capabilities of the A11 ----
    Jude526 likes this.
    07-20-2018 05:04 PM
    Just about 18 months ago I made the switch from Android (Galaxy Note 4) to iOS (iPhone SE) and have recently upgraded to an iPhone 8+. As far as practical usage, I've found the iPhones to be at least the equals of the Android phones, and even better than Blackberry devices way back when they were the "thing". The iOS native apps are very good (Notes, Calendar, email, etc), but also every useful Google app is also available - Keep, Calendar, etc. and in my experience the Google apps run cleaner on iOS than they do even on Android. I agree with you that Widgets on iOS are anemic, however all the productivity apps are available from icons. I discovered it's easy to live without widgets lol. There's several full-featured email applications (including Gmail) that can handle group emails.

My most difficult adjustment for the switch from Android to iOS is that the Apple os offers much less creativity in its UI. However, for people like myself (and it sounds like you) who use smartphones for their most practical strengths, this is a good thing. iOS is really a pretty straightforward, no frills, get-it-done objectively os. I think you would be pleasantly surprised if you got the 8+.

oh yeah - don't get me started on the multitasking capabilities of the A11 ----
    Sounds good, my hope is that iOS12 brings stability to the os, iOS 11, on the iPad anyway is quite glitchy. Can iOS do group emails now? That’s a key thing for me as I do so much group emails so managing them and using them easily is vital for me. Android does this so well, iOS has done terribly in the past and I’m hopeful that they have changed that.
    07-20-2018 05:19 PM
    Sounds good, my hope is that iOS12 brings stability to the os, iOS 11, on the iPad anyway is quite glitchy. Can iOS do group emails now? That’s a key thing for me as I do so much group emails so managing them and using them easily is vital for me. Android does this so well, iOS has done terribly in the past and I’m hopeful that they have changed that.
    From personal experience, I wouldn't know. However, I'm thinking that group emails would be administered by the email app of choice, not the OS. I might be wrong, but that's my understanding and would seem to make sense. Every major email app that is available to Android is also available to iOS (Microsoft, Google, etc.)
    07-21-2018 02:10 PM
    I like google apps better on iOS. Lol. I like Apple much better and I thought I would never say that. LOL. Never should not be in the dictionary.
    djrakowski likes this.
    07-22-2018 02:04 PM
    Can iOS do group emails now?
    You should probably stick with what you know will work and you know group emails will work on Android.
    07-22-2018 09:52 PM
    My exp on Apple has been better than on Adroid and I was with Samsung and Android for many yrs. I haven’t had any issues on Apple and my google apps work better on Apple...go figure
    08-14-2018 01:25 AM
    I have been using iOS devices from last 4 years and I still has iphone 6S. I can’t afford latest iPhone and I believe 6S is not capable of doing certain things like portrait mode. I seriously thinking about switching to an android one phone who are cheap, have latest os and you can get so many features in small price. Should I switch?
    08-14-2018 03:52 AM
    This post reminded me of the time I swapped my first Android for the first iOS device <3
    08-14-2018 05:33 AM
    Just left LG V20. Poor battery life and bugs. So far love the 8+. So smooth and fast with great battery life.
    08-18-2018 09:22 AM
    I have been using iOS devices from last 4 years and I still has iphone 6S. I can’t afford latest iPhone and I believe 6S is not capable of doing certain things like portrait mode. I seriously thinking about switching to an android one phone who are cheap, have latest os and you can get so many features in small price. Should I switch?
    Do what makes you happy. Today you can do payments on your plan with phones. If you can afford the monthly pymt on your phone bill I would do that. With the cost of phones today many do choose to make the pymt monthly. Might even be able to use your current as a trade.

I switched from Android to Apple. I am pleased with the regular updates. The SECURUTY. Battery life etc
    anachrotech likes this.
    09-05-2018 12:27 AM
    Love my 8 Plus.
    10-10-2018 06:03 PM
    Sweet - hope ya enjoy your new phone
    10-17-2018 11:26 PM
    Upgraded the phone to iOS 12.0.1 and it seems a lot quicker. Some minor changes, but overall no hiccups.
    10-20-2018 09:39 AM
47 12