Goodbye Android.....

Del1701

Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
Congrats on your new 8 plus I done the same last week, I had a galaxy note 8 but didn’t like the Oreo update and the way it handles notifications so I’ve now got a space grey 8 plus 256Gb and love it

rebretz000

Mar 20, 2017
Visit site
Long time Android user here looking for help/advice.
Lately I have been thinking about switching over an iPhone X but I am having reservations. Is it worth getting an iphone if you are heavily invested in the Android ecosystem? I have multiple Google Home Devices, Android TV boxes, Chromecasts, Chromebooks. I have no Apple products so I won't be getting the benefit of cross platform performance.
Right now I have a Pixel 2.

Westiemom

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to Apple devices! You’ll want more. Lol! I also came from Android and this is my second iPhone. I love it and love the things that go with it. (AirPods, watch, etc). No regrets and don’t expect to go back.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Been using Android for a long time, but I finally got sick of it. I had the Galaxy Note 5 and was very happy with it. Lately though there was constant bugs and issues having to always factory reset or clear the cache. Ugh...enough.

So yesterday I traded in my beloved Note for the iPhone 8+. Gorgeous phone, very powerful, fast, better all around everything. Plus it will integrate better with my iPad Pro.

View attachment 123378

Greetings and salutations, and welcome to iMore. Congratulations on you new device.

I also was very heavy into the Android ecosystem. Google/Nexus/Pixel devices, watch, tablet, Chromecast, etc. For no reason, I devices in April 2016 to join the dark side and to Apple. Yes, there was a little learning curve, but after 3 years I still have no regrets on making the switch. Now I'm all in; iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, Airpods, iMac, Macbook Pro, and several Apple TV's in the house.

Welcome to the addiction.

dougdraws

Jul 17, 2017
Visit site
Well gang after spending some time with the new iPhone I am totally sold. Battery life is pretty phenomenal - charge it 100% two days ago and still going strong. I know, it's new, but it's a nice change from what I had. Had a chance to take some photos and make a couple videos and they look amazing. Yes, I'm definitely loving this phone.

Wbutchart1

May 4, 2017
Visit site
The 8 plus was the phone I’m considering when my s8 contract is up. I am hesitant through as it seems iPhones are not great for actually doing stuff. The lack of live widgets where I can easy add notes, reminders and check calendar and emails, the swipe left widgets screen on iOS is worse than awful and lags bad. The key reason, correct me if I’m wrong (I hope I am) but iOS still does not natively have the ability to manage group emails? As someone who uses their phone for work and not just as an expensive toy, group email management is essential.

Spectrumite

Jul 14, 2018
Visit site
The 8 plus was the phone I’m considering when my s8 contract is up. I am hesitant through as it seems iPhones are not great for actually doing stuff. The lack of live widgets where I can easy add notes, reminders and check calendar and emails, the swipe left widgets screen on iOS is worse than awful and lags bad. The key reason, correct me if I’m wrong (I hope I am) but iOS still does not natively have the ability to manage group emails? As someone who uses their phone for work and not just as an expensive toy, group email management is essential.
Just about 18 months ago I made the switch from Android (Galaxy Note 4) to iOS (iPhone SE) and have recently upgraded to an iPhone 8+. As far as practical usage, I've found the iPhones to be at least the equals of the Android phones, and even better than Blackberry devices way back when they were the "thing". The iOS native apps are very good (Notes, Calendar, email, etc), but also every useful Google app is also available - Keep, Calendar, etc. and in my experience the Google apps run cleaner on iOS than they do even on Android. I agree with you that Widgets on iOS are anemic, however all the productivity apps are available from icons. I discovered it's easy to live without widgets lol. There's several full-featured email applications (including Gmail) that can handle group emails.

My most difficult adjustment for the switch from Android to iOS is that the Apple os offers much less creativity in its UI. However, for people like myself (and it sounds like you) who use smartphones for their most practical strengths, this is a good thing. iOS is really a pretty straightforward, no frills, get-it-done objectively os. I think you would be pleasantly surprised if you got the 8+.

oh yeah - don't get me started on the multitasking capabilities of the A11 ----:heart:

Wbutchart1

May 4, 2017
Visit site
Just about 18 months ago I made the switch from Android (Galaxy Note 4) to iOS (iPhone SE) and have recently upgraded to an iPhone 8+. As far as practical usage, I've found the iPhones to be at least the equals of the Android phones, and even better than Blackberry devices way back when they were the "thing". The iOS native apps are very good (Notes, Calendar, email, etc), but also every useful Google app is also available - Keep, Calendar, etc. and in my experience the Google apps run cleaner on iOS than they do even on Android. I agree with you that Widgets on iOS are anemic, however all the productivity apps are available from icons. I discovered it's easy to live without widgets lol. There's several full-featured email applications (including Gmail) that can handle group emails.

My most difficult adjustment for the switch from Android to iOS is that the Apple os offers much less creativity in its UI. However, for people like myself (and it sounds like you) who use smartphones for their most practical strengths, this is a good thing. iOS is really a pretty straightforward, no frills, get-it-done objectively os. I think you would be pleasantly surprised if you got the 8+.

oh yeah - don't get me started on the multitasking capabilities of the A11 ----:heart:
Sounds good, my hope is that iOS12 brings stability to the os, iOS 11, on the iPad anyway is quite glitchy. Can iOS do group emails now? That’s a key thing for me as I do so much group emails so managing them and using them easily is vital for me. Android does this so well, iOS has done terribly in the past and I’m hopeful that they have changed that.

Spectrumite

Jul 14, 2018
Visit site
Sounds good, my hope is that iOS12 brings stability to the os, iOS 11, on the iPad anyway is quite glitchy. Can iOS do group emails now? That’s a key thing for me as I do so much group emails so managing them and using them easily is vital for me. Android does this so well, iOS has done terribly in the past and I’m hopeful that they have changed that.
From personal experience, I wouldn't know. However, I'm thinking that group emails would be administered by the email app of choice, not the OS. I might be wrong, but that's my understanding and would seem to make sense. Every major email app that is available to Android is also available to iOS (Microsoft, Google, etc.)

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I like google apps better on iOS. Lol. I like Apple much better and I thought I would never say that. LOL. Never should not be in the dictionary.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
My exp on Apple has been better than on Adroid and I was with Samsung and Android for many yrs. I haven’t had any issues on Apple and my google apps work better on Apple...go figure

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711