What made you choose the 8 plus over the X ?

iTechHead

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
I recent brought a iPhone X earlier this week and I’m now debating if I should stick with it or switch to the 8 plus. While I enjoy the new features and model with the X I can’t help but miss the way the plus version just feels overall in certain aspects. What are some of your reasons for choosing the plus model over the x ?

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I had a few reasons for choosing the 8 Plus vs. the X. My main reason was that I preferred touch id. Other reasons were the size, and of course cost. I have no regrets. I think that the X is an awesome phone, and I am happy for those who have gotten one and are loving it. But for me, the 8 plus was the right decision!

wxboss

May 20, 2018
Visit site
I actually like the form factor and features of the X, but price was a big factor in choosing the 8 Plus. Also, since this is my first iPhone, I like the more traditional look of the 8.

Frehley

Ambassador
Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm lucky enough to have both...I use the 8 Plus at work for the longer battery life...LTE signal is very weak.

i love the form factor of the X and have had no issues with Face ID...swap the SIM card and use it after work and on the weekends.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I don’t like the X size and I hate the notch. Touch ID is a non negotiable. I prefer Touch ID over facial recognition
I like the 8+ all over feel and benefits/features
I came from Samsung 18 months ago

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
What are some of your reasons for choosing the plus model over the x ?

Don't like the notch
Not interested in Face ID/Missing Fingerprint ID
No Home Button

I love my 8 Plus, and would not trade it for an X for any amount of money. I could maybe get past the notch, but a Home button and Fingerprint ID are must-haves for me.

sp44

Dec 22, 2014
Visit site
I think it's interesting that people prefer the form factor of the 8 Plus over the X. The X is narrower with a bigger screen. That usually wins.

aximtreo

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I had the X for a short time. Decided to sell and get the 8 plus. Now, I want to go back to the X for size and extra capabilities. Like the 8+; love the X. Anyone wanting to consider a trade, I'm open to listen.

256 gb, space gray and carrier unlocked. Mint condition.

akutch34

Trusted Member
Aug 31, 2015
Visit site
1. After having the 7Plus, the X was just too small to me.
2. The notch at the top doesn’t look good to me.
3. I really enjoy having a home button. It took me a long time to get used to not having a back button, I feel I’d be kind of irritated with a phone that doesn’t have either.
4. Price.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox