What made you choose the 8 plus over the X ?

MB64

Trusted Member
Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
Nice plug
I had the X for a short time. Decided to sell and get the 8 plus. Now, I want to go back to the X for size and extra capabilities. Like the 8+; love the X. Anyone wanting to consider a trade, I'm open to listen.

256 gb, space gray and carrier unlocked. Mint condition.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Just curious for all who said Touch ID. What are you going to do the next time you upgrade with Apple going away from home button on all devices? Times are changing.

Tpence2177

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
I’m probably going to be upgrading to an 8/8+ at some point in the next few months from my 6+. No desire for Face ID or price of an X. If I didn’t think it would drive me crazy to have the smaller 8 I would get by a lot cheaper, but will probably end up with the plus. As far as the question above. Probably keep it until it just gets to slow to use then I guess to Face ID if I have to.

Dealz417

Nov 21, 2016
Visit site
Just curious for all who said Touch ID. What are you going to do the next time you upgrade with Apple going away from home button on all devices? Times are changing.

I don't mind switching to Face ID but I think Apple need more time to improve it.

Touch ID is so fast and seamless, I don't even have to think about.

I understand Face ID won't be as seamless as Touch ID but it will be faster, better in different lighting conditions, more app support etc in a couple years.

I stick with my 8plus till then...

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I don't mind switching to Face ID but I think Apple need more time to improve it.

Touch ID is so fast and seamless, I don't even have to think about.

I understand Face ID won't be as seamless as Touch ID but it will be faster, better in different lighting conditions, more app support etc in a couple years.

I stick with my 8plus till then...

What’s wrong with it? Face ID does not need light to work. It works fine con complete darkness. Also, Touch ID would fail for me a lot when my hands were moist like getting out of the shower. Never a problem with Face ID. Touch ID may be a tad faster, not by much, but I’ve found Face ID to be more reliable.

Last edited:

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Face ID isn’t as seamless as Touch ID. But that just varies from person to person.

Also, not only does Face ID not need light, it actually works better in complete darkness than in light.

Dealz417

Nov 21, 2016
Visit site
What’s wrong with it? Face ID does not need light to work. It works fine con complete darkness. Also, Touch ID would fail for me a lot when my hands were moist like getting out of the shower. Never a problem with Face ID. Touch ID may be a tad faster, not by much, but I’ve found Face ID to be more reliable.

Nothing is wrong with it specifically, I'd rather just wait a bit for Apple to have more time with it.

Complete darkness? I didn't know that. That's good to know!

Not had that issue with moist hands, for me Touch ID pretty much never fails from day to day.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Nothing is wrong with it specifically, I'd rather just wait a bit for Apple to have more time with it.

Complete darkness? I didn't know that. That's good to know!

Not had that issue with moist hands, for me Touch ID pretty much never fails from day to day.

Yeah it works fine in complete darkness. But about Touch ID, if I get out of the shower then use my 10.5” iPad Pro right after, my Touch ID often fails.

Dealz417

Nov 21, 2016
Visit site
Yeah it works fine in complete darkness. But about Touch ID, if I get out of the shower then use my 10.5” iPad Pro right after, my Touch ID often fails.

That's good, I wasn't aware. I can see how in that situation Face ID would be the better option.

Tpence2177

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
Ended up upgrading today because my phone 6 plus just continued to mess up and Bluetooth would cut off and on and just was all kinds of weird. I rely pretty heavily on my phone for my job and didn’t want to miss potentially very important phone calls from pts and such. So I now have a red 8 plus. Still setting it up but I like it so far. It better last several years lol. Went immediately into an otter box defender.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I prefer Touch ID. It is flawless. I like the bigger screen on the 8+. I do believe it is bigger than the X. And I don’t like the form factor of the X. I do not like the notch and I just prefer the 8+ It is personal choice

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site
I sold my X 2 weeks ago and got a 2 week old 8, picked up $310 change over, was going to do it ages ago but was waiting for a good deal. Hate FID even on ios12 no better, slow and is useless in my brodit car holder. X reception is not as good as the 8 either.
Even though i have the small 8 at least no notch. Good to be back with TID.

Won't be buying next month, first time ever for reasons above and imo they will be too much again, considering if you wait a few months they will be selling on the used market for heaps cheaper.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods