Do not test your iPhone waterproofing.

I dropped mine in the bathtub. Seemed to be all right. In the morning the device went into the auto reboot dance. A banner came across the screen, "Your home button may need service" and I was provided with an on-screen virtual sub. Some other spastic happenings, and I have an appointment with a genius this day.

I note that there was an automatic response built in for this failure, so wonder how prevalent the trouble might be.

Sign me disgruntled long-time customer.
    05-24-2018 01:16 PM

I dropped mine in the bathtub. Seemed to be all right. In the morning the device went into the auto reboot dance. A banner came across the screen, "Your home button may need service" and I was provided with an on-screen virtual sub. Some other spastic happenings, and I have an appointment with a genius this day.

I note that there was an automatic response built in for this failure, so wonder how prevalent the trouble might be.

If there was soap in the bathtub, that would explain the water resistance failing.
    kataran and Annie_8plus like this.
    05-24-2018 01:34 PM
    It's its resistance, NOT proof! ALWAYS we a phone gets wet like that TURN IT OFF, let it dry out before using it again.
    Annie_8plus and nikkisharif like this.
    05-24-2018 01:37 PM
    It's its resistance, NOT proof! ALWAYS we a phone gets wet like that TURN IT OFF, let it dry out before using it again.
    Exactly, the latest Watch is waterproof. Maybe Series 2 too. The iPhones are water resistant.
    Annie_8plus likes this.
    05-24-2018 03:04 PM
    EDIT: See below.
    Last edited by Sherry_B; 05-25-2018 at 06:34 PM. Reason: Wrong information
    Annie_8plus and pkcable like this.
    05-25-2018 12:10 AM
    Actually, the iPhone 8 is IP67 certified which means that it is "protected from immersion in water with a depth of up to 1 meter (or 3.3 feet) for up to 30 mins." It should be able to withstand accidental submersion (although water damage is not covered by the standard Apple warranty).
    05-25-2018 05:23 PM

Why did you test yours that way?
    Tartarus likes this.
    05-27-2018 12:21 PM
    I hadn't planned on it since I already know it's not waterproof.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    05-27-2018 05:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD