iPhone 6s to 8 plus

kris665

May 30, 2016
Visit site
Thinking about upgrading my iPhone 6s to an iPhone 8 Plus is the screen noticeably bigger? Also coming from a aluminum phone to a glass back phone I am concerned about durability since I work construction.

Honey Beagle

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
Do what I do. Leave your phone in a safe place. No need to carry a phone at work. Should not need a phone at work. I keep my phone in my locker at work. If someone rings my number and I am not available, if the phone call is important the caller will ring back. I have had my 8 plus since February 27th of this year. No problems with breakage.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Yes the screen is noticeably bigger. As for the durability, if you are concerned get a ruggedized case.

TwitchyPuppy

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
Thinking about upgrading my iPhone 6s to an iPhone 8 Plus is the screen noticeably bigger? Also coming from a aluminum phone to a glass back phone I am concerned about durability since I work construction.

Yep! Screen is 5.5” versus 4.7”, but the phone itself also is noticeably bigger. Therefore, it’s possible you might not get used to the size.

And of course, glass can shatter unlike aluminum. But, with a good Otterbox, Spigen or UAG case, you shouldn’t have to worry about that

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Do what I do. Leave your phone in a safe place. No need to carry a phone at work. Should not need a phone at work. I keep my phone in my locker at work. If someone rings my number and I am not available, if the phone call is important the caller will ring back. I have had my 8 plus since February 27th of this year. No problems with breakage.

With certain jobs, I agree that a phone is not needed. With that being said, it doesn’t apply to all jobs.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Thinking about upgrading my iPhone 6s to an iPhone 8 Plus is the screen noticeably bigger?
Go to a nearby Apple Store, Best Buy or wireless carrier store and view the screen of an iPhone 8 Plus for yourself. Doing so will allow you to personally determine if the screen size is noticeably bigger for you or not.
Also coming from a aluminum phone to a glass back phone I am concerned about durability since I work construction.
The glass backing is sturdy and strong, but it’s still glass. With that being said, put it is a silicone case that’s sturdy and can absorb an impact. Still, any phone in any case can be damaged if dropped at the perfect angle.

Westiemom

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Another question I have is which color would hide wear the most?

Well since the 8 and 8 Plus are glass front and back the color wouldn’t make any difference on wear and tear. Although scratches to the glass probably show up less on the lighter silver and gold phones. The aluminum side bars don’t show scratches like the stainless of the Xs. But I’m not one to go caseless, even though I like a sleek case that’s not bulky, so not as protective, but still prevents scratches.

kris665

May 30, 2016
Visit site
Well since the 8 and 8 Plus are glass front and back the color wouldn’t make any difference on wear and tear. Although scratches to the glass probably show up less on the lighter silver and gold phones. The aluminum side bars don’t show scratches like the stainless of the Xs. But I’m not one to go caseless, even though I like a sleek case that’s not bulky, so not as protective, but still prevents scratches.

I plan on getting a case for it just wondering how easy it is to see the wear on tear on a space gray vs a silver? Worried about the white face on the silver being distracting.

Westiemom

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
I plan on getting a case for it just wondering how easy it is to see the wear on tear on a space gray vs a silver? Worried about the white face on the silver being distracting.

I see, I have to say I wanted the space gray when I got my 8Plus but silver was the only color they had left by the time I got through the line. ( Walmart special on Black Friday, buy new one of the new iPhones and get a $300 gift card.)

I love my silver now, but I think the black front looks better. I would go with the space gray.

kris665

May 30, 2016
Visit site
Took the plunge got the space gray model and a pelican voyager case. This seems to be bridging the gap nicely until my iPad Pro comes back from repair.