Hi all. I’ve been using my 8+ since last December. Of course I put it inside a case right after purchase due to risk of scratching the glass body.

But I’m not happy - I wish to go case free! I would like to see photos of your phones or hear your experience for those using their phones without a case. How’s it holding up? Tons of scratches making it ugly?
    05-10-2018 12:21 AM
    It’s been great so far, my 8 Plus holds up pretty well. There are a few scratches on the screen... just minor ones.
    05-10-2018 02:25 AM
    I have used my iPhone 7 Plus without case for almost a year now (the first half year that I had it there was a case an screen protector on it) and mine looks terrible. Scratches, dents, chipped of glass from the bottom side of the bezel etc etc..

But I like the naked feel of the phone above all.
    05-10-2018 03:24 AM
    I went with the Apple Leather case given its slim profile, but as it has limited to little protection on the bottom, now have a few scratches and minor screen chips. Think mine might be like Tartarus if not for a case. Had to switch to a case with more protection along the bottom to avoid any further damage.
    05-10-2018 06:28 AM
    I have used my iPhone 7 Plus without case for almost a year now (the first half year that I had it there was a case an screen protector on it) and mine looks terrible. Scratches, dents, chipped of glass from the bottom side of the bezel etc etc..

But I like the naked feel of the phone above all.
    That’s what I’m afraid of. But the 7 is aluminium and should hold up better than glass.
    05-13-2018 01:01 AM
    I went with the Apple Leather case given its slim profile, but as it has limited to little protection on the bottom, now have a few scratches and minor screen chips. Think mine might be like Tartarus if not for a case. Had to switch to a case with more protection along the bottom to avoid any further damage.
    I got a spigen case right after purchase. So my phone is in pristine condition. Also have a screen protector. I’m afraid taking off the case will make it like Tartarus’ phone.
    Trees likes this.
    05-13-2018 01:03 AM
    It’s been great so far, my 8 Plus holds up pretty well. There are a few scratches on the screen... just minor ones.
    None of the body/frame?
    05-13-2018 01:03 AM
    None of the body/frame?
    Nope!
    I’ve dropped it a few times too
    iwicked likes this.
    05-13-2018 09:31 PM
    Nope!
    Lucky you!
    TripleOne likes this.
    05-14-2018 10:50 AM
    I'm on the X and scared to go without a case or screen protector. I've gotten scratches on screens just by making phone calls with earrings on.
    05-14-2018 12:29 PM
    Not a single scratch on my 8 Plus. I protect my investment with a case.
    05-15-2018 12:17 PM
    I'm on the X and scared to go without a case or screen protector. I've gotten scratches on screens just by making phone calls with earrings on.
    I think screen protectors are a must. I used my 6 without one and just after a year the screen was filled with scratches. Not going without a screen protector ever again.
    05-16-2018 01:01 AM
    I think screen protectors are a must. I used my 6 without one and just after a year the screen was filled with scratches. Not going without a screen protector ever again.
    Very smart!

I know not everyone uses their current phone for a trade-in, but just tossing this out there; the screen is what can get you either a low trade-in price or the full trade-in price. Apple doesn't care about the shell because refurbs always get a new shell and a new battery before being sold with the full warranty. Keep that screen scratch free and you will always get the full trade-in value of your phone.
    05-16-2018 03:40 PM
    Who would trade in with Apple? Plenty of other places to sell for double or more what they offer.
    Jude526 likes this.
    05-21-2018 07:49 PM
    I’m torn. I’ve had my Product (RED) 8 Plus since the day after it came out. Typically, I ALWAYS have a case on my phone....with this phone, I’m torn because it’s so gorgeous. I want to let it be seen.... today is the second day of me trying to go caseless. I’m constantly worried every time I put it down somewhere or when I’m walking and holding it. Nothing has happened yet, and the phone doesn’t get scratches from tables or anything... just always nervous.
    Annie_8plus likes this.
    05-30-2018 02:22 PM
    I’m torn. I’ve had my Product (RED) 8 Plus since the day after it came out. Typically, I ALWAYS have a case on my phone....with this phone, I’m torn because it’s so gorgeous. I want to let it be seen.... today is the second day of me trying to go caseless. I’m constantly worried every time I put it down somewhere or when I’m walking and holding it. Nothing has happened yet, and the phone doesn’t get scratches from tables or anything... just always nervous.
    You can always buy a clear TPU case for your phone. This way you can still show it off while protecting your investment at the same time.
    Jude526 and Annie_8plus like this.
    05-30-2018 07:02 PM
    You can always buy a clear TPU case for your phone. This way you can still show it off while protecting your investment at the same time.
    That’s what I currently/normally use. I’m trying for the “full naked” experience this time around.
    05-30-2018 07:35 PM
    That’s what I currently/normally use. I’m trying for the “full naked” experience this time around.
    I think I know what you mean. It’s not the same with clear case cover - I need to feel the metal/glass of the phone. But taking off the cover makes me anxious about scratches.
    akutch34 likes this.
    06-27-2018 07:54 AM
    I have the gold 8 Plus, and it's gorgeous... and I too want to see it, and not cover it up. But I can't justify it. My husband thinks I'm foolish, and should use an Otterbox Defender... but I can't bear to. So I'm using a Spigen Crystal Shell case... it's got a clear back and "clear rose" rose bumpers; it offers good protection. It's a compromise. I also have a Zagg screen protector.

So good luck with your experiment. Keep us posted on how it goes!
    TwitchyPuppy and akutch34 like this.
    06-27-2018 08:42 AM
    I have the gold 8 Plus, and it's gorgeous... and I too want to see it, and not cover it up. But I can't justify it. My husband thinks I'm foolish, and should use an Otterbox Defender... but I can't bear to. So I'm using a Spigen Crystal Shell case... it's got a clear back and "clear rose" rose bumpers; it offers good protection. It's a compromise. I also have a Zagg screen protector.

So good luck with your experiment. Keep us posted on how it goes!
    I think the clear cases are the best compromises between going naked and with full on casing. Wise choice!
    TwitchyPuppy and Annie_8plus like this.
    06-29-2018 11:03 PM
    I have a Apple leather case for my new 8 Plus but never used it I find it too heavy for my shorts pockets so I just use a skin for scratch protection ,so far so good ,I know if its dropped on concrete the right way glass back could shatter .
    06-30-2018 04:56 AM
    I have a Apple leather case for my new 8 Plus but never used it I find it too heavy for my shorts pockets so I just use a skin for scratch protection ,so far so good ,I know if its dropped on concrete the right way glass back could shatter .
    I used to have a skin for my iPhone 5. But those aluminium days are long gone..
    06-30-2018 08:08 AM
    Nope!
    ^This!! I’ve dropped my 8 a million times without a case. Once I even dropped it three times in a row because it kept slipping out of my back pocket LOL. The glass is just fine. I have a few scratches on the screen due to my earrings..nothing major. I’ve dropped my X less times than my 8 without a case & it’s just fine. I say live a little..it’s a phone #YOLO
    iwicked and wilber1 like this.
    07-01-2018 04:32 PM
    I have the Product Red iphone 8 Plus and tend to go back and forth between using a case and going careless. I just inspected the phone and do not see one single mark on it anywhere. Mind you, I baby it when I go careless so cannot say I am surprised

Stay classy!
    07-10-2018 01:36 PM
    I have the Product Red iphone 8 Plus and tend to go back and forth between using a case and going careless. I just inspected the phone and do not see one single mark on it anywhere. Mind you, I baby it when I go careless so cannot say I am surprised

Stay classy!
    I love the look of the red iPhone. Cannot imagine going without a case with it!
    07-10-2018 10:53 PM
34 12