How’s your phone holding up without a case?

iwicked

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
Hi all. I’ve been using my 8+ since last December. Of course I put it inside a case right after purchase due to risk of scratching the glass body.

But I’m not happy - I wish to go case free! I would like to see photos of your phones or hear your experience for those using their phones without a case. How’s it holding up? Tons of scratches making it ugly?

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
It’s been great so far, my 8 Plus holds up pretty well. There are a few scratches on the screen... just minor ones.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I have used my iPhone 7 Plus without case for almost a year now (the first half year that I had it there was a case an screen protector on it) and mine looks terrible. Scratches, dents, chipped of glass from the bottom side of the bezel etc etc..

But I like the naked feel of the phone above all.

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
I went with the Apple Leather case given its slim profile, but as it has limited to little protection on the bottom, now have a few scratches and minor screen chips. Think mine might be like Tartarus if not for a case. Had to switch to a case with more protection along the bottom to avoid any further damage.

iwicked

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
I have used my iPhone 7 Plus without case for almost a year now (the first half year that I had it there was a case an screen protector on it) and mine looks terrible. Scratches, dents, chipped of glass from the bottom side of the bezel etc etc..

But I like the naked feel of the phone above all.

That’s what I’m afraid of. But the 7 is aluminium and should hold up better than glass.

iwicked

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
I went with the Apple Leather case given its slim profile, but as it has limited to little protection on the bottom, now have a few scratches and minor screen chips. Think mine might be like Tartarus if not for a case. Had to switch to a case with more protection along the bottom to avoid any further damage.

I got a spigen case right after purchase. So my phone is in pristine condition. Also have a screen protector. I’m afraid taking off the case will make it like Tartarus’ phone.

li2327

Jun 28, 2009
Visit site
I'm on the X and scared to go without a case or screen protector. I've gotten scratches on screens just by making phone calls with earrings on.

iwicked

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
I'm on the X and scared to go without a case or screen protector. I've gotten scratches on screens just by making phone calls with earrings on.

I think screen protectors are a must. I used my 6 without one and just after a year the screen was filled with scratches. Not going without a screen protector ever again.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
I think screen protectors are a must. I used my 6 without one and just after a year the screen was filled with scratches. Not going without a screen protector ever again.

Very smart!

I know not everyone uses their current phone for a trade-in, but just tossing this out there; the screen is what can get you either a low trade-in price or the full trade-in price. Apple doesn't care about the shell because refurbs always get a new shell and a new battery before being sold with the full warranty. Keep that screen scratch free and you will always get the full trade-in value of your phone.

akutch34

Trusted Member
Aug 31, 2015
Visit site
I’m torn. I’ve had my Product (RED) 8 Plus since the day after it came out. Typically, I ALWAYS have a case on my phone....with this phone, I’m torn because it’s so gorgeous. I want to let it be seen.... today is the second day of me trying to go caseless. I’m constantly worried every time I put it down somewhere or when I’m walking and holding it. Nothing has happened yet, and the phone doesn’t get scratches from tables or anything... just always nervous.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
I’m torn. I’ve had my Product (RED) 8 Plus since the day after it came out. Typically, I ALWAYS have a case on my phone....with this phone, I’m torn because it’s so gorgeous. I want to let it be seen.... today is the second day of me trying to go caseless. I’m constantly worried every time I put it down somewhere or when I’m walking and holding it. Nothing has happened yet, and the phone doesn’t get scratches from tables or anything... just always nervous.

You can always buy a clear TPU case for your phone. This way you can still show it off while protecting your investment at the same time.

akutch34

Trusted Member
Aug 31, 2015
Visit site
You can always buy a clear TPU case for your phone. This way you can still show it off while protecting your investment at the same time.

That’s what I currently/normally use. I’m trying for the “full naked” experience this time around.

iwicked

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
That’s what I currently/normally use. I’m trying for the “full naked” experience this time around.

I think I know what you mean. It’s not the same with clear case cover - I need to feel the metal/glass of the phone. But taking off the cover makes me anxious about scratches.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I have the gold 8 Plus, and it's gorgeous... and I too want to see it, and not cover it up. But I can't justify it. My husband thinks I'm foolish, and should use an Otterbox Defender... but I can't bear to. So I'm using a Spigen Crystal Shell case... it's got a clear back and "clear rose" rose bumpers; it offers good protection. It's a compromise. I also have a Zagg screen protector.

So good luck with your experiment. Keep us posted on how it goes! :)

iwicked

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
I have the gold 8 Plus, and it's gorgeous... and I too want to see it, and not cover it up. But I can't justify it. My husband thinks I'm foolish, and should use an Otterbox Defender... but I can't bear to. So I'm using a Spigen Crystal Shell case... it's got a clear back and "clear rose" rose bumpers; it offers good protection. It's a compromise. I also have a Zagg screen protector.

So good luck with your experiment. Keep us posted on how it goes! :)

I think the clear cases are the best compromises between going naked and with full on casing. Wise choice!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711