Hi all. I’ve been using my 8+ since last December. Of course I put it inside a case right after purchase due to risk of scratching the glass body.

But I’m not happy - I wish to go case free! I would like to see photos of your phones or hear your experience for those using their phones without a case. How’s it holding up? Tons of scratches making it ugly?
    05-10-2018 12:21 AM
    It’s been great so far, my 8 Plus holds up pretty well. There are a few scratches on the screen... just minor ones.
    05-10-2018 02:25 AM
    I have used my iPhone 7 Plus without case for almost a year now (the first half year that I had it there was a case an screen protector on it) and mine looks terrible. Scratches, dents, chipped of glass from the bottom side of the bezel etc etc..

But I like the naked feel of the phone above all.
    05-10-2018 03:24 AM
    I went with the Apple Leather case given its slim profile, but as it has limited to little protection on the bottom, now have a few scratches and minor screen chips. Think mine might be like Tartarus if not for a case. Had to switch to a case with more protection along the bottom to avoid any further damage.
    05-10-2018 06:28 AM
    I have used my iPhone 7 Plus without case for almost a year now (the first half year that I had it there was a case an screen protector on it) and mine looks terrible. Scratches, dents, chipped of glass from the bottom side of the bezel etc etc..

But I like the naked feel of the phone above all.
    That’s what I’m afraid of. But the 7 is aluminium and should hold up better than glass.
    05-13-2018 01:01 AM
    I went with the Apple Leather case given its slim profile, but as it has limited to little protection on the bottom, now have a few scratches and minor screen chips. Think mine might be like Tartarus if not for a case. Had to switch to a case with more protection along the bottom to avoid any further damage.
    I got a spigen case right after purchase. So my phone is in pristine condition. Also have a screen protector. I’m afraid taking off the case will make it like Tartarus’ phone.
    Trees likes this.
    05-13-2018 01:03 AM
    It’s been great so far, my 8 Plus holds up pretty well. There are a few scratches on the screen... just minor ones.
    None of the body/frame?
    05-13-2018 01:03 AM
    None of the body/frame?
    Nope!
    I’ve dropped it a few times too
    iwicked likes this.
    05-13-2018 09:31 PM
    Nope!
    I’ve dropped it a few times too
    Lucky you!
    TripleOne likes this.
    05-14-2018 10:50 AM
    I'm on the X and scared to go without a case or screen protector. I've gotten scratches on screens just by making phone calls with earrings on.
    05-14-2018 12:29 PM
    Not a single scratch on my 8 Plus. I protect my investment with a case.
    TheRewardisCheese likes this.
    05-15-2018 12:17 PM
    I'm on the X and scared to go without a case or screen protector. I've gotten scratches on screens just by making phone calls with earrings on.
    I think screen protectors are a must. I used my 6 without one and just after a year the screen was filled with scratches. Not going without a screen protector ever again.
    05-16-2018 01:01 AM
    I think screen protectors are a must. I used my 6 without one and just after a year the screen was filled with scratches. Not going without a screen protector ever again.
    Very smart!

I know not everyone uses their current phone for a trade-in, but just tossing this out there; the screen is what can get you either a low trade-in price or the full trade-in price. Apple doesn't care about the shell because refurbs always get a new shell and a new battery before being sold with the full warranty. Keep that screen scratch free and you will always get the full trade-in value of your phone.
    05-16-2018 03:40 PM
    Who would trade in with Apple? Plenty of other places to sell for double or more what they offer.
    05-21-2018 07:49 PM