Scratches

J-Cam93

Apr 25, 2017
Visit site
Hey all just got an 8 plus in gold yesterday.. I usually go case-less and I was wondering if any of you who go without cases have noticed if a lot of scratches start showing up on the glass back after a few weeks of use.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Hey all just got an 8 plus in gold yesterday.. I usually go case-less and I was wondering if any of you who go without cases have noticed if a lot of scratches start showing up on the glass back after a few weeks of use.

I don’t see any scratches on either my iPhone 8 or my iPhone X, and if there are some, you’ll need a microscope to see them....

Anastayja1

Trusted Member
Oct 26, 2016
Visit site
I use the Zagg Invisible Shield Glass+ Lux 360. It is a little pricey but it honestly is the closest you can get to being naked without actually being naked. Plus is any scratches will be on the glass front and back and not the phone.

Last edited:

Honey Beagle

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
I usually apply just a skin on back , adds no weight and give some grip .

I as well. The front looks much better with out a screen protector. I have a mirror back protector case on the back.

I did purchased a used 8 Plus. Advertised as having small scratches on the front. But verrrrry unoticable to me.

vpblaze

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Ironically, the only scratches I have came from a case.

Ditto!
I was going scratch free up until I got a new OtterBox. After a couple weeks I noticed that the bottom edge of my phone was all scratched up now.
Turns out the soft microfibre inside of the case was holding onto a lot of dust/dirt.
Now I have a skin on there.

So on a side note, beware of the OtterBox Strada Folio series...

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Ditto!
I was going scratch free up until I got a new OtterBox. After a couple weeks I noticed that the bottom edge of my phone was all scratched up now.
Turns out the soft microfibre inside of the case was holding onto a lot of dust/dirt.
Now I have a skin on there.

So on a side note, beware of the OtterBox Strada Folio series...

Ha! Mine was a clear Otterbox Commuter.

J-Cam93

Apr 25, 2017
Visit site
Thanks for all the informative responses! I plan on going mostly case-less so it’s good to know how well it has held up for you guys.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal