Crazy battery drain by App Store

fredriks

May 24, 2013
Visit site
Tonight I had a crazy batterydrain and app store is the guilty one

36f0b0ab239084f0df7dfca51cb9ebfa.jpg

Anyone else with this problem and how to prevent it?

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Re: Crazy batterydrain by app store

I’m not sure why App Store would be using so much battery. Did you have a lot of app updates?

fredriks

May 24, 2013
Visit site
Crazy batterydrain by app store

I’m not sure why App Store would be using so much battery. Did you have a lot of app updates?

No, only three or four apps was updated yesterday. Didn't see anything of this before I got to bed last night so it must have happened during the night. First time I see appstore in top of battery consumption

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Probably a glitch. Reboot the device.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

That's not necessarily a battery drain. It could just mean you either spent a lot of time on the App Store or downloaded a lot of apps.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site

Check and see if you have Automatic updates enabled under

Settings>ITunes&Appstore>iTunes&Appstore

You could have had a bunch of updates come thru at night

fredriks

May 24, 2013
Visit site

Check and see if you have Automatic updates enabled under

Settings>ITunes&Appstore>iTunes&Appstore

You could have had a bunch of updates come thru at night

No, I don't have automatic update enabled.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com

When you click on the clock on the right how much is background processing, and how much is on screen use?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Yes, I will keep an eye on it. What do you think it could be if it wasn't just a glitch

No telling. It could have just meant you were on the App Store a lot during during that 24 hour period in relation to other apps. It's not anything to worry about. Apps need to run in the background so they work as we want them to. Those battery stats don't always mean the one with the highest battery usage is a battery hog. It just means it was used a lot. If you were not on the app store any during that time, then it could have updated several big apps during the night. But, regardless, it's nothing to be concerned with.

fredriks

May 24, 2013
Visit site

This problem have come back

App store consume a lot of battery
I found some more with this problem
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8356050

I have done a reset and started it up as a new iPhone yesterday and the battery drain came back same night?

I restarted and it looked OK but I went to bed yesterday with 31% and the phone was dead 8 hours later. Battery usage says 46% was used by app store, think this is crazy.

Have been in contact with apple support and have been asked to do some screen dumps.

I really thought a clean start would solve this problem and it toke some hours to set up as new phone

Last edited:

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
I've not had any battery drain issues like that with the App store, but Siri has eaten the crap out of my battery a time or two, and I never used her on those days.

Not sure what it is that I do differently, but it takes me less than 20 minutes to factory reset my phone and set it up as new. Less than 40 minutes to restore from backup. The only time it takes me more than an hour is when I have to re-add 4.5k worth of music back onto my phone. iTunes takes forever to sync that many.

Derren Woods

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
I think I solved it on my iPad, all I had to do was close the App Store in the multitasking window and it started to behave itself, which is strange because I had already restarted and reset it by pressing and holding the home and power buttons and that never worked

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711