iPhone X to iPhone 8 Plus

gdgtmom

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
I switched back to the 8 plus today from the X. Gave it to my son and will wait for a larger iPhone X. Had issues with the size and Face ID mostly.

wrich2005

Sep 4, 2015
Visit site
I have had the iPhone X since launch day, but I am strongly considering trading it for an iPhone 8 Plus. Has anyone else here made this switch? Do you miss the iPhone X?

The main reason I am thinking about switching is screen real estate. I am not a huge fan of the taller aspect ratio, especially when watching video. I also don’t see the value in the premium price of the iPhone X - this part doesn’t really matter now, but I kind of regret not going with the 8 Plus to begin with.

One thing I am worried about, is that I will dislike the LCD after using an OLED screen for a few months if I make the switch.

I made the switch back myself. I liked everything about the x minus a couple gripes. The screen was too narrow in my opinion everything looked too cluttered compared to the 8 plus and text was too small. Obviously you can change the text to be bigger but then everything would be condensed etc. The videos too looked so much smaller. I use iBooks for a lot of PDF books I use for work and they only used like half the screen by default and it felt like such a waste of space on the screen. Why have a taller screen and not use it especially on iBooks? Anyway I switched back and I'm glad I did. Plus I recouped a couple hundred dollars in the process. Double score.

Oh and I do miss the stabilization on telephoto shots too I used that quite a bit

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I use both the X and 8 Plus. After using both for quite some time, I tend to prefer the X simply due to its design and features.

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I ordered an 8 Plus from Best Buy the other day. I'm leaving the X for it. There's just something I don't like about the X, even though it's a really nice phone. I think I'll ride the 8 Plus out until next Spring and look for a deal on this fall's iPhones and maybe the notch will be a little bit smaller.

panjwani

Jul 13, 2009
Visit site
I'm back to 8 plus didn't like the screen size of the X after using all the past iphone plus handsets it was getting a bit difficult to use the x with those swipe gestures plus there are some softwares issues with the X.i dont feel the difference as far the screen resolution of 8 plus is concerned for me this screen resolution is still crisp.face recognition is simply irritating coz at times it works and at times it dosent.touch id is great.me glad that I made the switch

Tarah Sorber

Trusted Member
Sep 13, 2015
Visit site
I'm back to 8 plus didn't like the screen size of the X after using all the past iphone plus handsets it was getting a bit difficult to use the x with those swipe gestures plus there are some softwares issues with the X.i dont feel the difference as far the screen resolution of 8 plus is concerned for me this screen resolution is still crisp.face recognition is simply irritating coz at times it works and at times it dosent.touch id is great.me glad that I made the switch

I’m thinking a doing the same. I really miss Touch ID and there are days where Face ID will not work unless I shut the phone down.

Honey Beagle

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
What if the mobile phone owner is a guy. And the guy decides to either grow a beard or remove a beard. That will defiantly make facial recognition useless.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
What if the mobile phone owner is a guy. And the guy decides to either grow a beard or remove a beard. That will defiantly make facial recognition useless.

Not true. Growing or losing a beard should not affect Face ID. Worst case, the user spends 30 seconds reprogramming Face ID.

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I’m thinking a doing the same. I really miss Touch ID and there are days where Face ID will not work unless I shut the phone down.

I am doing the same. I got my 8 Plus and now that I actually have some accessories, I'll be firing it up (I'm too anal to use a phone without a screen protector and case). There are just some things that I despise about the X, even though I do love some things. And I lost my sunglasses at Disney World a couple of weeks ago and had to buy some new ones. Apparently, Face ID HATES them and doesn't work at all if I'm wearing sunglasses. That's a complete deal breaker for me. I don't want to type my password every time just because I have on sunglasses.

Tarah Sorber

Trusted Member
Sep 13, 2015
Visit site
I am doing the same. I got my 8 Plus and now that I actually have some accessories, I'll be firing it up (I'm too anal to use a phone without a screen protector and case). There are just some things that I despise about the X, even though I do love some things. And I lost my sunglasses at Disney World a couple of weeks ago and had to buy some new ones. Apparently, Face ID HATES them and doesn't work at all if I'm wearing sunglasses. That's a complete deal breaker for me. I don't want to type my password every time just because I have on sunglasses.

I originally had the 8 plus gave it to my BF once I got the X. I miss it... the one feature I loved was double tapping the home button to move the screen down I miss that on the x. And Face ID is slower than Touch ID and mine doesn’t work half the time.

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I originally had the 8 plus gave it to my BF once I got the X. I miss it... the one feature I loved was double tapping the home button to move the screen down I miss that on the x. And Face ID is slower than Touch ID and mine doesn’t work half the time.

Yeah. I used a 6S Plus before this one and I still miss it. I also don't like that it's basically the size of the regular 8 when watching media. Unless you want part of your screen instructed by a notch.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73