Ok so,

Lots being said. I even read somewhere that Apple refuses to even replace (or can't or something) the back glass.

SO I ask the peeps carrying one in their pocket right now. Now, there is one exception for me. I don't use a case/protector etc on my devices at all. And neither do I wish to. I know it makes me more vulnerable but, that's how I like to keep my device as of now.

What has been your experience so far? Have you dropped it a couple of times and nothing has happened, or one drop and 'game over'?

Will i7+ Matte Black be a better option?
    02-18-2018 06:43 AM
    In my opinion, the glass on the iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus and the iPhone X is strong and durable and appears scratch resistant. With that in mind, it is still “glass” so use common sense when handling your iPhone 8 Plus.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    02-18-2018 07:18 AM
    I don’t care what Apple says about it being the strongest glass ever on a phone. It’s glass and it will break. I have read on here of people dropping it on various surfaces and nothing happening and then I’ve read of people dropping it on carpet and having a crack. At the end of the day, it’s glass. It will break and it’s a gamble to use it without a case. I understand why one would want to. It’s a great feeling phone and wouldn’t want to use one either. So it comes down to how much you are willing to risk it. I’d probably opt for AppleCare if going without a case. It’s like $550 or something if you do crack the back and $280 for the front of you don’t have AC. Good luck!
    X0LARIUM likes this.
    02-18-2018 08:44 AM
    There are a lot of low cost tempered glass protectors for both front and back for those that want to go caseless but still want active protection
    02-18-2018 09:07 AM
    I use an X without a case and I’ve dropped it maybe once or twice on a hardwood floor and nothing has happened. But I know that at any given time if I drop it and it lands at a perfect angle the glass is liable to break. Same goes for the 8 Plus.
    02-22-2018 03:06 AM
    When I dropped my X on a tile floor, fortunately, only the tempered glass sp cracked. I was lucky.
    X0LARIUM likes this.
    02-22-2018 12:20 PM
    Do you peeps use a front side screen protector?
    03-02-2018 10:20 PM
    Do you peeps use a front side screen protector?
    Many do but I never have and probably never will. I’m pretty easy on my phones though.
    03-03-2018 06:33 AM
    Just like I am.
    03-03-2018 06:45 PM
    The 4 and 4s faired well unless they got beat up but there has been years of glass testing since then
    03-03-2018 08:31 PM
    I found out this week it isn’t as scratch resistant as I thought. Especially when paired with a Otterbox Strada Folio case.
    Not sure if it’s the micro fibre interior of the case or what, but the bottom backside of my 8+ is scratched like crazy now. I have been using this case for only a few weeks too. And I am particular of my phone. Take it out every few days for a wipe etc.
    Didn’t take long for it to get sratched up.
    Now the backside is covered with a dBrand skin.
    03-04-2018 12:43 AM
    Now that I would not like. I took my phone case off today to put on a replacement case on. The phone looks as nice as when received the other day which was on February 27th.
    03-04-2018 01:53 AM