Starting using my 8 Plus again and shelved the X

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site
Just set up the new 8 plus I got this morning, seriously I think I fell for the new model etc with the X, The Plus is a way better phone for me, the positives way out way the size.
Sold my launch day X and will be selling the silver X I got Yesterday to flip, was going to keep it as got it for $100 less than I sold my launch X, and the plus 8 256gb was a steal.

TID is just brilliant after using FID,its just bs IMO
Oled hardly a difference side by side
5.8” pff give me 5.5 any day, conned there
Battery % back, up you Apple
Control centre swipe up back
Landscape view back
Video is actually full screen
Good ridden notch
Can actually type on it
Plus is thinner and actually feels like a work horse and not some fat V1 phone.
Thought I would miss the swiping, nope
No more tap swipe in my Brodit car holder
Looking forward to better battery life too, X is on par with 8 I had before.

Happy days

Let the bagging begin, take it or leave it my impressions from 6 months with X and 8/7/7plus and all the rest since 4S.

Big Apple fan here lol. Take into account I have had a few reds ??????

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Just set up the new 8 plus I got this morning, seriously I think I fell for the new model etc with the X, The Plus is a way better phone for me, the positives way out way the size.
Sold my launch day X and will be selling the silver X I got Yesterday to flip, was going to keep it as got it for $100 less than I sold my launch X, and the plus 8 256gb was a steal.

TID is just brilliant after using FID,its just bs IMO
Oled hardly a difference side by side
5.8” pff give me 5.5 any day, conned there
Battery % back, up you Apple
Control centre swipe up back
Landscape view back
Video is actually full screen
Good ridden notch
Can actually type on it
Plus is thinner and actually feels like a work horse and not some fat V1 phone.
Thought I would miss the swiping, nope
No more tap swipe in my Brodit car holder
Looking forward to better battery life too, X is on par with 8 I had before.

Happy days

Let the bagging begin, take it or leave it my impressions from 6 months with X and 8/7/7plus and all the rest since 4S.

Big Apple fan here lol. Take into account I have had a few reds í ½í¸³

No bagging from me. Lots of valid points. I have a launch day iPhone X as well. I like it a lot but there are certainly things I miss about the design and functionality of the lower models.
Touch ID is brilliant. I still prefer it over Face ID, although at this point I’ve accepted that FID is the way forward.
The 5.8” display is a sham. Perception is reality and the display on my X feels WAY smaller than my 7 Plus display.
While I don’t generally mind the notch I HATE it during video playback. I’m forced to either accept letterboxes on all four edges or accept an awkward notch cut out of the side on my video.
That all being said, I still prefer the X. I can tell a big difference between OLED and Apple’s other displays from a quality standpoint. I actually type better in my X than on any of the Plus models I’ve owned. iPhone X is beautifully designed. It’s the best looking device Apple has ever made.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Yes but surely it would be good for Apple to add a rear fingerprint sensor so that those who want one can use it? It will not be compulsory to use it.

I can't understand why anyone would object to this.

No. If they did that that means they were deterred from trying to get that sensor under the screen instead. All or nothing for me.

Either way Touch ID is pretty much done. If Face ID doesn’t get better than I’m going to take a hard look at Pixel phones. Face ID has pretty much sucked for me.

jauhari

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
I was read many articles and watch many videos about iPhone X and iPhone 8 Plus. Then I decided goes to iPhone 8 Plus.

I know maybe Apple Kill TID on NEXT iPhone and Beyond, but for some reason I love iPhone 8 Plus is
- Display (maybe the display resolution much smaller than iPhone X) but it's still have more content thatn iPhone X.
- iPhone X Resolution is much higher but the content that display just like on iPhone 8
- I love Landscape Mode on iPhone 8 Plus, feature that didn't available on iPhone 8, iPhone X
- Bigger Display is Great on watch Media

That I really hope available is, Front Portrait Mode on it. If google able to make Front Portrait Mode on Single Camera on Pixel 2, I think Apple able do it easely too ;)

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
I got a launch day X and really liked it, overall, but ended up returning it while I could. I was using an 8 Plus but really was unhappy with it after using the X. I think my two biggest issues were the lack of gestures on the 8 Plus, as well as how large the phone is -- the X just fits my hands and pockets far better. The big reason I returned the X was the price; $1000/1200 is just too much for a phone. After returning it, I was surprised by how much I missed the X; particularly since, before owning it, I wasn't that excited about it.

In February I found a deal for a new iPhone X and went back to it, and I've largely been very happy. FaceID works wonderfully for me; as I've stated, I love the Gestures (previously had a WebOS device); and I much prefer the smaller form factor. I think there are advantages and disadvantages to the aspect ration on the X -- the two phones screens are roughly the same size, though things like video display smaller because the screen is narrower.

My biggest issue with the X has been iOS 11 -- just too many bugs and issues with iOS 11 on the X, compared to what I'm used to with other versions of iOS. Some of the quick updates -- to fix things like the character that would crash your iPhone -- in iOS 11 were very buggy on the X (and likely on other phones, but the X I think was hit worse). While the X may be the future, it seemed Apple was spending more time on fixing the bugs for the older phones. It does appear that iOS 12 on the X will be far better; and beyond the bug fixes, including improved features like allowing multiple FaceID attempts (much as TouchID does), as well as making it easier to "kill" apps.

Don't get me wrong, I understand why some prefer the 8 Plus but the X works far better for me.

Spectrumite

Jul 14, 2018
Visit site
I chose the 8 Plus over the X because I like Touch ID and the 16:9 screen. My daughter has a Galaxy Note 8 and I'm just not attracted to the taller, thinner screens these new devices have. When I looked at the X it reminded me of her Note 8 so I passed on it.

Marcin Dabrowsky

Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
I have had a few 8+ models and often thought about switching to the x, but I am so used to the fingerprint sensor that I find it difficult to make the switch. To those who use both, is it a hard switch and does it feel weird to not have the fingerprint sensor every time you pick up the phone?

STiK

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
I have a Pixel 2 XL and I absolutely love it. I use it for my Android fix.

My son uses an iPhone so I picked up an 8+. Having us both on the same ecosystem just makes things easier. With that said, I have a Pixel 2 and love how buttery smooth that thing is. The camera and performance are really second to none. I have finally grown tolerant of iOS and do like some aspects better than Android. It will be a really hard to resist when the Pixel 3 phones come out though.

donnation

Trusted Member
Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
I have had a few 8+ models and often thought about switching to the x, but I am so used to the fingerprint sensor that I find it difficult to make the switch. To those who use both, is it a hard switch and does it feel weird to not have the fingerprint sensor every time you pick up the phone?

It takes some getting used to. For me, I just like being able to unlock the phone at any angle I want to without having to have it directly in front of my face. Face ID can be a little finicky, but overall it works well. I just wish that Apple gave us a phone with both FaceID and a fingerprint reader.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73