Starting using my 8 Plus again and shelved the X

aximtreo

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I went ever further. Every time I looked at the X, I went into shock. All that money just lying there. Keep in mind, my true love is the Windows Phone but we all know the situation there.

I ended up selling the X and going with a 6S Plus for 1/5 the investment. I didn't use the extra capabilities of the X. Feel better now;I think.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
While I would like a few of the X features, I wouldn't like the screen size. The 5.5" screen with the 16:9 aspect ratio suits me and my needs. If the rumored 6.5" Xl comes along, I might like that. It would have roughly the same width as the Plus, just a little taller with no bezels. But the price will likely be out of my budget, after upgrading 3 phones last year. My Verizon bill is already outrageous enough. I'll get a new battery for my 6s Plus, regardless of what I do, and either use it as my daily driver, or get a new 8 Plus in September and use the 6s Plus on iOS 10.1.1 as a back up. That way I can keep the 32 bit apps I like and use. There's not really that much about the X that excites me. The animoji are cool. That's about it. FaceID is just ok. I like Touch ID ok as well. Either one is fine. iOS 12 should fine tune the OS if rumors are true. It may be 2 or 3 years before I go with an X style iPhone.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I do feel the X has a much sharper screen and looks better but I miss the size of the plus models and I am considering getting an 8Plus and waiting to see if the fall brings a Plus model of the X series with a full sized 8Plus size just all screen. The aspect ratio has been tough to get used to.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Both are great devices. I don’t feel anyone can go wrong with any of the iPhone models. I use a 7 Plus, 8, & X and they all serve very different purposes, but I enjoy them all.

Frehley

Ambassador
Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I upgraded last weekend and spent about an hour in the store comparing the X and the 8 Plus. Advantages to each phone, but in the end, I chose the 8 Plus.

As Redx said above, I like the touch ID to unlock the phone if it is just laying on the table...and I prefer the larger screen size.

You really can't go wrong with either...just a matter of personal preference.

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site
Where you really notice the difference between the X and plus is if you watch surf videos on Instagram feeds, they just looks weirdly narrow on the X.

I gave the 8 plus I got to my wife and have beeen using her 6S plus and the X is in the draw. I paid $807Aud for the 8 plus 256gb 10 days old. The 6S plus was $600 over a year ago new and still like new and my X64Gb was $1579 new on release.
Is it worth $772 over the 8 plus or $979 over the 6S plus? no way imo.

swimbikemom2

Sep 16, 2017
Visit site
And while I like the X a lot, I think I'm going to stick with the 8 Plus. The only actually thing I like about the X more than the 8 Plus is the screen. Battery life is better not the 8 Plus, the size is better for me (something I couldn't believe how much I missed until I picked the 8 Plus back up). Also, while its not a dealbreaker, I much prefer Touch ID over Face ID. Touch ID is so much more convenient and just works better imo.

Anyway, just thought I'd share. I still really like the X but I think the 8 Plus is just a better fit for me. If they come out with an X Plus this fall I'm all in, but until then I'm going to stay with the 8 Plus.

Same here!

AugustVance

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I am to the point of selling my X and just sticking with an 8plus. Maybe early next year I will upgrade back to an X style but Im just missing to much from the "old" model.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I too prefer the Touch ID, and chose the 8+ accordingly! Nothing against the X.... but I figure that when I'm ready for a new phone... 2.5 years down the road, iPhone technology will have evolved even more. In the end, I'll trust Apple, as I always have!

I prefer size on 8+ too. X is too small for me

General Tso

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I don't want touch id to go away like some say it will. I like to be able to unlock my phone when it's sitting on the table and not have to pick it up to face unlock. If they can have both that would be best.

I just DO NOT want a rear mounted fingerprint sensor. Had one on the Galaxy S8+ and hated it.

anony_mouse

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
I just DO NOT want a rear mounted fingerprint sensor. Had one on the Galaxy S8+ and hated it.

Yes but surely it would be good for Apple to add a rear fingerprint sensor so that those who want one can use it? It will not be compulsory to use it.

I can't understand why anyone would object to this.

Frehley

Ambassador
Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I have both the 8 Plus and the X and I keep coming back to the 8 Plus. The Face ID on the X is amazing, but I end up unlocking my phone if I just pick it up to see what time it is.

I keep going back and forth...

Almeuit

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
If I was to use an iPhone .. the X (or whatever the latest) is what I go to. I just simply can't use the older / less model (IMO).

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73