Just on the ipad as well. Some prefer the 9.7 incher. I prefer the 12.9 incher.
    Jude526 likes this.
    02-14-2018 11:53 PM
    Where you really notice the difference between the X and plus is if you watch surf videos on Instagram feeds, they just looks weirdly narrow on the X.

I gave the 8 plus I got to my wife and have beeen using her 6S plus and the X is in the draw. I paid $807Aud for the 8 plus 256gb 10 days old. The 6S plus was $600 over a year ago new and still like new and my X64Gb was $1579 new on release.
    Is it worth $772 over the 8 plus or $979 over the 6S plus? no way imo.
    vpblaze and ladyc0524 like this.
    02-17-2018 02:48 AM
    And while I like the X a lot, I think I'm going to stick with the 8 Plus. The only actually thing I like about the X more than the 8 Plus is the screen. Battery life is better not the 8 Plus, the size is better for me (something I couldn't believe how much I missed until I picked the 8 Plus back up). Also, while its not a dealbreaker, I much prefer Touch ID over Face ID. Touch ID is so much more convenient and just works better imo.

Anyway, just thought I'd share. I still really like the X but I think the 8 Plus is just a better fit for me. If they come out with an X Plus this fall I'm all in, but until then I'm going to stay with the 8 Plus.
    Same here!
    03-23-2018 05:43 PM
    I am to the point of selling my X and just sticking with an 8plus. Maybe early next year I will upgrade back to an X style but Im just missing to much from the "old" model.
    vpblaze likes this.
    03-25-2018 12:54 PM
    I too prefer the Touch ID, and chose the 8+ accordingly! Nothing against the X.... but I figure that when I'm ready for a new phone... 2.5 years down the road, iPhone technology will have evolved even more. In the end, I'll trust Apple, as I always have!
    I prefer size on 8+ too. X is too small for me
    jauhari likes this.
    04-18-2018 07:57 PM
    I got a red 8 plus. Probably selling my X
    04-18-2018 08:24 PM
    Wow really?!?
    04-19-2018 09:05 AM
    This was the deciding factor for me as well. Handled both the X and the 8+ in store multiple times, just couldn’t get used to how small the X is.
    04-20-2018 08:20 PM
    Cheers fellow Red plus-er! Enjoy it! I love mine.
    bowlman123 likes this.
    04-20-2018 08:21 PM
    I don't want touch id to go away like some say it will. I like to be able to unlock my phone when it's sitting on the table and not have to pick it up to face unlock. If they can have both that would be best.
    I just DO NOT want a rear mounted fingerprint sensor. Had one on the Galaxy S8+ and hated it.
    Rob Phillips likes this.
    04-30-2018 11:57 PM
    I just DO NOT want a rear mounted fingerprint sensor. Had one on the Galaxy S8+ and hated it.
    Yes but surely it would be good for Apple to add a rear fingerprint sensor so that those who want one can use it? It will not be compulsory to use it.

I can't understand why anyone would object to this.
    vpblaze likes this.
    05-01-2018 05:19 AM
    I have both the 8 Plus and the X and I keep coming back to the 8 Plus. The Face ID on the X is amazing, but I end up unlocking my phone if I just pick it up to see what time it is.

I keep going back and forth...
    Tarah Sorber likes this.
    05-01-2018 04:49 PM
    The fingerprint sensor on the S8+ was in a terrible position. It's much better on the S9+ and even better still on the Pixel 2/Pixel 2 XL.
    05-01-2018 09:35 PM
    If I was to use an iPhone .. the X (or whatever the latest) is what I go to. I just simply can't use the older / less model (IMO).
    05-03-2018 12:44 PM
    f I was to use an iPhone .. the X (or whatever the latest) is what I go to. I just simply can't use the older / less model (IMO).
    How would you know unless you have tried both
    05-04-2018 01:04 AM
    How would you know unless you have tried both
    Because iPhone 8 is just like iPhone 6, 7, etc. -- Just different internals but same feeling.

Either way.. for the record.. I have tried both .
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-04-2018 01:07 AM
    Because iPhone 8 is just like iPhone 6, 7, etc. -- Just different internals but same feeling.
    You mean same shape.

Either way.. for the record.. I have tried both .
    For how long, if you mean in store doesn't count.

I have and use both, neither is perfect both have for and against.
    05-04-2018 01:59 AM
    Just set up the new 8 plus I got this morning, seriously I think I fell for the new model etc with the X, The Plus is a way better phone for me, the positives way out way the size.
    Sold my launch day X and will be selling the silver X I got Yesterday to flip, was going to keep it as got it for $100 less than I sold my launch X, and the plus 8 256gb was a steal.

TID is just brilliant after using FID,its just bs IMO
    Oled hardly a difference side by side
    5.8” pff give me 5.5 any day, conned there
    Battery % back, up you Apple
    Control centre swipe up back
    Landscape view back
    Video is actually full screen
    Good ridden notch
    Can actually type on it
    Plus is thinner and actually feels like a work horse and not some fat V1 phone.
    Thought I would miss the swiping, nope
    No more tap swipe in my Brodit car holder
    Looking forward to better battery life too, X is on par with 8 I had before.

Happy days

Let the bagging begin, take it or leave it my impressions from 6 months with X and 8/7/7plus and all the rest since 4S.

Big Apple fan here lol. Take into account I have had a few reds
    Rob Phillips likes this.
    05-04-2018 04:18 AM
    Just set up the new 8 plus I got this morning, seriously I think I fell for the new model etc with the X, The Plus is a way better phone for me, the positives way out way the size.
    Sold my launch day X and will be selling the silver X I got Yesterday to flip, was going to keep it as got it for $100 less than I sold my launch X, and the plus 8 256gb was a steal.

TID is just brilliant after using FID,its just bs IMO
    Oled hardly a difference side by side
    5.8” pff give me 5.5 any day, conned there
    Battery % back, up you Apple
    Control centre swipe up back
    Landscape view back
    Video is actually full screen
    Good ridden notch
    Can actually type on it
    Plus is thinner and actually feels like a work horse and not some fat V1 phone.
    Thought I would miss the swiping, nope
    No more tap swipe in my Brodit car holder
    Looking forward to better battery life too, X is on par with 8 I had before.

Happy days

Let the bagging begin, take it or leave it my impressions from 6 months with X and 8/7/7plus and all the rest since 4S.

Big Apple fan here lol. Take into account I have had a few reds í ½í¸³
    No bagging from me. Lots of valid points. I have a launch day iPhone X as well. I like it a lot but there are certainly things I miss about the design and functionality of the lower models.
    Touch ID is brilliant. I still prefer it over Face ID, although at this point I’ve accepted that FID is the way forward.
    The 5.8” display is a sham. Perception is reality and the display on my X feels WAY smaller than my 7 Plus display.
    While I don’t generally mind the notch I HATE it during video playback. I’m forced to either accept letterboxes on all four edges or accept an awkward notch cut out of the side on my video.
    That all being said, I still prefer the X. I can tell a big difference between OLED and Apple’s other displays from a quality standpoint. I actually type better in my X than on any of the Plus models I’ve owned. iPhone X is beautifully designed. It’s the best looking device Apple has ever made.
    Cladster likes this.
    05-04-2018 05:50 AM
    You mean same shape.
    To me? Not really. Same functions / form / all that.

For how long, if you mean in store doesn't count.

I have and use both, neither is perfect both have for and against.
    Couple days. Buddy is a phone nut and let me borrow them to try them out.
    Cladster likes this.
    05-04-2018 09:15 AM
    Yes but surely it would be good for Apple to add a rear fingerprint sensor so that those who want one can use it? It will not be compulsory to use it.

I can't understand why anyone would object to this.
    No. If they did that that means they were deterred from trying to get that sensor under the screen instead. All or nothing for me.

Either way Touch ID is pretty much done. If Face ID doesn’t get better than I’m going to take a hard look at Pixel phones. Face ID has pretty much sucked for me.
    05-04-2018 10:04 AM
    I’m going to take a hard look at Pixel phones.
    I have a Pixel 2 XL and I absolutely love it. I use it for my Android fix.
    Tarah Sorber likes this.
    05-04-2018 12:07 PM
    Touch ID is brilliant. I still prefer it over Face ID, although at this point I’ve accepted that FID is the way forward.
    Yeah there will be no avoiding it eventually.
    05-04-2018 04:48 PM
    I also have a pixel 2 xl I love it.
    Mr Segundus likes this.
    05-04-2018 08:07 PM
    No. If they did that that means they were deterred from trying to get that sensor under the screen instead. All or nothing for me.
    Why would they be deterred from trying to get that sensor under the screen? Do you think Apple are stupid and easily distracted?!
    06-08-2018 09:22 AM
56 123