How can I remove the Halo/ghost effect on screen Protector

Manny13840

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
Trust me, I had it installed by several times by Best Buy on the zagg HD Glass and all of them which was like 5 of them in total had the halo effect, So i bought a cheap one instead, if its gonna have a halo effect might as well be in a cheap one... Anyways I did the olive oil and it worked, no more halo effect for now... Any ways I have a second one just for backup...

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
You should of used mineral oil since it has an eternal shelf life. Olive oil (or any vegetable oil) will go rancid within a few months because there is no airtight seal... it's not forcing the screen protector to curve against the glass. It's merely filling the gap in between, so there is air hitting the oil on the edges.

Mr.Willie

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
I’d take the screen protector off. I haven’t used one in years, I also haven’t had a scratched or broken screen in many years either. Screen glass technology has made overpriced screen protectors an even bigger waste of money.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I’d take the screen protector off. I haven’t used one in years, I also haven’t had a scratched or broken screen in many years either. Screen glass technology has made overpriced screen protectors an even bigger waste of money.

I agree. I have never used a screen protector, other than the built-in one on my Otterbox Defender I used on my iPhone 5. I've used my 6s Plus for 28 months without a screen protector. No issues. I do use a good protective case with the Otterbox Commuter.

Manny13840

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
I use a Spigen tough armor I haven't never dropped my phone (knock on wood) And I am very careful to phones but I do put them in pockets, my dad and a friend carry there Samsung Galaxy S8+ with no screen protector and they seem ok...

Manny13840

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
You should of used mineral oil since it has an eternal shelf life. Olive oil (or any vegetable oil) will go rancid within a few months because there is no airtight seal... it's not forcing the screen protector to curve against the glass. It's merely filling the gap in between, so there is air hitting the oil on the edges.

which mineral oil can I use?

Manny13840

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site

Guess you didn't read what I said after here it goes:

Trust me, I had it installed by several times by Best Buy on the zagg HD Glass and all of them which was like 5 of them in total had the halo effect, So i bought a cheap one instead, if its gonna have a halo effect might as well be in a cheap one... Anyways I did the olive oil and it worked, no more halo effect for now... Any ways I have a second one just for backup...

Also did the bathroom with hot water, I went through so many effort and patience and still halo effect..... So the matter of a Quality tempered glass with a good installation DID NOT do the job.... Zagg was always my preferred protector in all my iPhones from Iphone 4 to Iphone 7 plus none had the halo effect, for some reason either Zagg dropped the ball on this years screen protector on quality.... And also in all those iphones previous years best buy would install them for me... First time we had to go through 5 of them and all of them had halo effect and all of them were aligned perfectly left and right and bottom and top too and still halo effect...

Manny13840

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
If I leave the halo effect, does dust and lint go inside easier? The reason I don't want to take this one off is that for first time There is no lint or dust within the active part of the LCD screen.... Best buy assured me that dust and lint wouldn't go inside the gap is still too small for them to go inside just wipe screen with cloth or canned air... I can live with the halo effect if it comes back But did the oil thing cause was afraid dust and lint can go inside... Anyone out there with halo effect?? I am done going through screen protectors so I am trying my best to live with this for now and maybe in a year or so I can go with no screen protector and just a case.... I have applecare so maybe in my 2nd year I'll use a claim, but wondering if anyone can live with a halo effect..

And even with the halo effect the point of the screen protector is to protect the actual screen not to make it look better, I do have OCD but I am trying to resist of changing and changing, I need to fight it and just live with it, only way of getting rid of OCD is to accept the look and just remember the point of a screen protector is to protect the screen not to make it look nice knowing a glass screen protector you see it and well it always has dust around the rims of the protector anyways...

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site

Also did the bathroom with hot water, I went through so many effort and patience and still halo effect..... So the matter of a Quality tempered glass with a good installation DID NOT do the job.... Zagg was always my preferred protector in all my iPhones from Iphone 4 to Iphone 7 plus none had the halo effect, for some reason either Zagg dropped the ball on this years screen protector on quality.... And also in all those iphones previous years best buy would install them for me... First time we had to go through 5 of them and all of them had halo effect and all of them were aligned perfectly left and right and bottom and top too and still halo effect...

Zaggs are known to have the halo effect. I won’t even touch those.

Damon Oribello

Jan 24, 2019
Visit site

Where did you buy this phone from? Did you buy your phone new, refurbished or used? The phone that you brought into Best Buy, was it a phone that was replaced by warranty or insurance claim by chance? My guess is that the phone you brought into Best Buy did not have the OEM original screen and was either purchased refurbished, purchased used, or a refurbished device that was replaced through Warranty or Insurance.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711