Dropped my 8 Plus

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
As in a similar post about someone dropping her iPhone X, the unthinkable happened. I wasn't paying attention, and set my phone down on a surface that had a slight slope to it. I've noticed this before, and on previous occasions, I managed to avoid this. This time, as I already mentioned, I was distracted, and I watched my phone slide off and plop down onto the floor.

It felt like I was moving in slow motion as I scooped it up. It landed on it's back side, and luckily all is well. No damage whatsoever. I have a Spigen Crystal Shell on it, and am very pleased with it. Phew... that was too close for comfort.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
As in a similar post about someone dropping her iPhone X, the unthinkable happened. I wasn't paying attention, and set my phone down on a surface that had a slight slope to it. I've noticed this before, and on previous occasions, I managed to avoid this. This time, as I already mentioned, I was distracted, and I watched my phone slide off and plop down onto the floor.

It felt like I was moving in slow motion as I scooped it up. It landed on it's back side, and luckily all is well. No damage whatsoever. I have a Spigen Crystal Shell on it, and am very pleased with it. Phew... that was too close for comfort.

Whew!...I’m glad your iPhone 8 Plus wasn’t damaged, Annie, and thanks for sharing your frightful experience with us...

trw1602

Trusted Member
Mar 8, 2014
Visit site
That's why I always case my phones up. Replacing the back glass is extra costly and I'm in the middle of moving into a new place and can't really afford to get my iPhone fixed.

Glad you avoided disaster.

noshooz

May 2, 2015
Visit site
I have to be very observant of where I put my 8+ when not in its case. I've had it unexpectedly slide off surfaces such as couch arms, papers on a table, etc. to the floor.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
Glad your baby is ok!
Some of these phones are much more vulnerable that others to this, so glad your X survived.
I have a Speck clear case on my iPhones which seem to give excellent protection.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2