Why are my Geekbench scores so low?

Beantool

Jan 13, 2018
Visit site
I’ve only had this phone for a two days now but according to everything I read, the multi core score should be upwards of 10,000 or so. Why are my scores so low?! Any ideas? IMG_0026.JPG

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Re: Incredibly low Geekbench scores...

That’s because you’re on Low Power Mode, which throttled down the power of the A11.

Beantool

Jan 13, 2018
Visit site

Lol, I feel so dumb. I realized that just after I had posted this. These were similar scores to my 6s I had come from, maybe even a tad lower, so I guess I was too wrapped up in my feels to think logically. Thank you for the reply though as always.

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site

Everyone is concerned with these scores and I'm still wondering why my battery dies so quickly.

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site

Much more than it's supposed to. The other day it dropped twenty percent in what seemed like half an hour. Will get the checked the next time I'm near the mall.

MaxSmarties

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site

Much more than it's supposed to. The other day it dropped twenty percent in what seemed like half an hour. Will get the checked the next time I'm near the mall.
Do you have any number we can try to analyze togheter ?
20% in half an hour doesn’t mean anything because it depends on the usage and conditions.

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site

IMG_0675.JPG

It drops percentages randomly. My 6 did this and then started to shutoff at twenty percent. Battery ended up being defective. Probably the same with this one.

MaxSmarties

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site

View attachment 121966

It drops percentages randomly. My 6 did this and then started to shutoff at twenty percent. Battery ended up being defective. Probably the same with this one.

Facebook app is a battery hog, but not so much and you barely used it.
Try to check the battery by yourself using Battery Life (there are quite a few... pick the one with this logo) and report it.
It could be a defective battery or something in your software configuration.973443C8-FB1D-42C4-AE48-DDE426D042E5.jpeg

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
Incredibly low Geekbench scores...

I've tried that app, but it seems to be random. I'm at 87-92% capacity it says.

I'm wondering if the adblock app I'm using it draining it. It's a dns VPN app.

MaxSmarties

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site

I've tried that app, but it seems to be random. I'm at 87-92% capacity it says.

I'm wondering if the adblock app I'm using it draining it. It's a dns VPN app.

The battery seems to be ok (variations are perfectly normal... the app isn’t 100% reliable).
It could be the Adblock.
I had a similar problem using ADB: the battery drained as hell while browsing the web. Once disinstalled battery life returned normal.
Now Im’ trying a different adblocker (1Blockr) to see if something changes.

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site

I'll try a day without using it and see if I get better results. Appreciate the help Max.

MaxSmarties

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site

I'll try a day without using it and see if I get better results. Appreciate the help Max.
Let me know about your results.
I’m still trying to figure out why an adblocker is affecting battery life (should be the contrary).

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site

I've heard that using a DNS will have an effect on battery life. I'm not sure how accurate those claims are, but they seem to be prevalent.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

I've heard that using a DNS will have an effect on battery life. I'm not sure how accurate those claims are, but they seem to be prevalent.

You can run this test to see if your battery is performing as it should.

Write down your usage and standby time, press the sleep/wake button (or lock button, as some call it) to put the device to sleep, and set the device down for five minutes. When you come back, take note of the change in time. If your device is sleeping properly, then the Standby time should have increased by five minutes and your Usage time by <1 minute.
If your Usage time rises by more than one minute, you have a drain problem. Something is keeping your device from sleeping properly, significantly shortening the time it will last.

If it passes this test, then it's not the battery, but probably apps doing overtime.

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site

Are you referring to something other than Domain Name System? Or did you actually mean VPN?

The adblock I use says that DNS is used to block ads, which brings up the VPN icon. I am not well versed in that technical stuff, sorry.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox