Why I went 8 Plus

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
The 8 Plus is a great phone and, had I been smarter, I would have gotten at least one instead of two X’s. Not too many apps, so far, use the expanded X’s display but we know that’ll change. Face ID isn’t better, IMO, just different. However, I believe we can be pretty confident that the X represents the future of the iPhone. That said, the 8 Plus rocks and I’ll prolly get one as yet another backups/toy. Last of a great design and all that.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
The 8 Plus is a great phone and, had I been smarter, I would have gotten at least one instead of two X’s. Not too many apps, so far, use the expanded X’s display but we know that’ll change. Face ID isn’t better, IMO, just different. However, I believe we can be pretty confident that the X represents the future of the iPhone. That said, the 8 Plus rocks and I’ll prolly get one as yet another backups/toy. Last of a great design and all that.

That’s what I did, and I think I made the right choice. You basically get the best of both worlds. And as you said, it is the last of its design

anon(5630457)

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
Out of curiosity why did you choose the 8 Plus instead of the 8 prior to going X if the smaller form factor was important? I assume the 8 Plus made you realize this?

I went with the 8 Plus because of the battery life. I had the iPhone 7 back in 2016 and the battery life was just trash. One of the trade-offs of wanting a bigger battery is to use a hulking phone. =/

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I went with the 8 Plus because of the battery life. I had the iPhone 7 back in 2016 and the battery life was just trash. One of the trade-offs of wanting a bigger battery is to use a hulking phone. =/

And how’s the battery life of the 8 Plus treating you now?

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Oh. I only had it for a 13 days before exchanging it for the iPhone X. But during the two weeks I had it, I only needed to charge up the 8 Plus once every other day. The standby time on it is phenomenal.

Oh wow!
I didn’t know you swapped it out for the X

RobertP1

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
I have had the 8+ since launch and absolutely love it in every way possible, but got a deal on the 10 and made the leap. I will be getting the 10 in the next few days. I vowed to stay away from it, but I caved... I hope I like it. I am keeping my 8+ for a while until I am comfortable with the 10.

This is the first time I ever got rid of a phone that I still loved and was working flawlessly. I hope I don't regret it

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I have had the 8+ since launch and absolutely love it in every way possible, but got a deal on the 10 and made the leap. I will be getting the 10 in the next few days. I vowed to stay away from it, but I caved... I hope I like it. I am keeping my 8+ for a while until I am comfortable with the 10.

This is the first time I ever got rid of a phone that I still loved and was working flawlessly. I hope I don't regret it

I’ll be curious to read how you like the X as opposed to the 8+. The 8+ has that new superspeed and great battery life and wireless charge, yet is soothingly familiar. The X is the future and is change, and is great too. Let us know what you think.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site

I hope you’ll love it as much I do!
It’s a great phone.

RobertP1

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
OMG.. The X is amazing... I don’t know where to start... I just have to say that anyone on the fence... JUMP Immediately!!!

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
OMG.. The X is amazing... I don’t know where to start... I just have to say that anyone on the fence... JUMP Immediately!!!

I couldn’t agree more. And I’ve had both. Once I had the X in hands, I knew I couldn’t go back to the 8 plus so I sold it on swappa.

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site
I had a 8 before the X and battery life seems similar, no where near the plus, disappointing really, and I am not a heavy user and drain to 20% or less a day. If the 8 plus had no home button and a bit smaller, I would swap in a instant.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods