Loving my new 8 Plus

Redx

Oct 3, 2017
Visit site
Just did the full jump from Android to iPhone on Sunday. Had a Lg V10 that I hated with a passion. Horrible battery life and multiple issues. I've always had Android but this Lg made me want to jump ship. Got an iPad 2 months ago and love the iOS.

My Lg would sit in my pocket and would get home with 40-60% battery with absolutely no use. Tried factory reset, running safe mode, replacement device and still many issues. Verizon was no help and I hated my barely 1 1/2 hr screen on battery before my phone died.

Now with my iPhone and using it slightly throughout the day, I'm still getting home with 85-95% battery remaining. My phone doesn't touch the charger unlike my V10 that would be on it any chance I got. After a moderate to heavy use at night, I'm still going to bed with 50-60% with 3-4 hrs of usage.

Love having most up to date os unlike Android where your 6 month old device won't get the newest update. My V10 was on 6.0 when 8.0 is the newest

Redx

Oct 3, 2017
Visit site
Touch id is super fast and responsive. Camera is very fast at taking pictures and quality is amazing. Siri is surprising how easy and accurate to use.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Congratulations on your 8 Plus!
I’m very happy to hear that you’re enjoying your iPhone and iOS.
Which iPad did you get 2 months ago? :)

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Just did the full jump from Android to iPhone on Sunday. Had a Lg V10 that I hated with a passion. Horrible battery life and multiple issues. I've always had Android but this Lg made me want to jump ship. Got an iPad 2 months ago and love the iOS.

My Lg would sit in my pocket and would get home with 40-60% battery with absolutely no use. Tried factory reset, running safe mode, replacement device and still many issues. Verizon was no help and I hated my barely 1 1/2 hr screen on battery before my phone died.

Now with my iPhone and using it slightly throughout the day, I'm still getting home with 85-95% battery remaining. My phone doesn't touch the charger unlike my V10 that would be on it any chance I got. After a moderate to heavy use at night, I'm still going to bed with 50-60% with 3-4 hrs of usage.

Love having most up to date os unlike Android where your 6 month old device won't get the newest update. My V10 was on 6.0 when 8.0 is the newest

Congratulations on getting your new iPhone and we hope you continue to enjoy it.

Westiemom

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site

Congratulations! I’m also a long time Android user who switched to iOS a little over a year ago. I still love Android but don’t think I’ll be going back.
I love my new 8 Plus - especially the camera. Got the watch and the Air Pods too so definitely in the ecosystem now!

Hope you continue to enjoy iPhone!

Redx

Oct 3, 2017
Visit site
Thanks everyone. One thing I wish was different is notifications. They don't layer them on top of each other. I'll have 5 sperate nest app notifications instead of one with 5 on it

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Thanks everyone. One thing I wish was different is notifications. They don't layer them on top of each other. I'll have 5 sperate nest app notifications instead of one with 5 on it

You’re welcome!
I do hope Apple fixes that issue in iOS 12. It would be nice to have the notification grouped up like Android.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
Congratulations! I’m also a long time Android user who switched to iOS a little over a year ago. I still love Android but don’t think I’ll be going back.
I love my new 8 Plus - especially the camera. Got the watch and the Air Pods too so definitely in the ecosystem now!

Hope you continue to enjoy iPhone!

Love my AirPods and watch too

Adawg1203

May 9, 2011
Visit site

In fairness the v10 is over 2 years old with the most current model being the LG v30.

As us iPhone users are beginning to find out, updates on older devices isn’t all that it’s cracked up to be.

Redx

Oct 3, 2017
Visit site
In fairness the v10 is over 2 years old with the most current model being the LG v30.

As us iPhone users are beginning to find out, updates on older devices isn’t all that it’s cracked up to be.

Battery life on v10 was bad from get go

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I had a V10 and two V20’s. Battery life on the V10 was never anything to brag about but since I had at least two other phones I didn’t worry. Android, IME, takes effort to get smooth. IME iOS is just smooth and tends to stay that way for as long as I have my handsets. With iPhones I can usually just forget about the hardware and the OS and just focus on my apps and what I’m doing. The benefit of that can’t be overstated.

Joshua Radcliff

Jan 6, 2018
Visit site
Congrats on the switch...I just recently switched to iOS for the first time and I am loving my iPhone 8 Plus...never going back to android should’ve switched years ago

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2