Are you a part of Team 8 Plus?

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I would say it’s alittle better. I still have my X and 8plus (as I said before I miss using my X daily however, I still have it as I’m undecided if I want to keep the 8plus or the X and deal with the headaches as they come)

It’d be better to stay with the 8 Plus if the X is causing you headaches.

AugustVance

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Well, I decided to keep the X.

We (my docs and I) finally figured out my problem and after a surgery I had last year I incurred a very rare protein deficiency. I have started to remedy the problem and headaches were gone. I’m glad it wasn’t the phone. Which would have been weird because I used it for almost a month without any problem. Although, a replacement apple sent me had a way better screen and I don’t know if that fixes the problem. No pink hint, barely any blue hue when tilted. Wonder if they are working on the issues already.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Well, I decided to keep the X.

We (my docs and I) finally figured out my problem and after a surgery I had last year I incurred a very rare protein deficiency. I have started to remedy the problem and headaches were gone. I’m glad it wasn’t the phone. Which would have been weird because I used it for almost a month without any problem. Although, a replacement apple sent me had a way better screen and I don’t know if that fixes the problem. No pink hint, barely any blue hue when tilted. Wonder if they are working on the issues already.

I’m happy to hear you were able to figure out the causes of the headaches that you were experiencing. You can now enjoy your X!!

MaxSmarties

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
Re: Team 8 Plus

Holds true with the iPhone X. Not much so with the 8 Plus. Sad the the 8 Plus has the worse battery life since it is pushing suck a low res LCD screen. No phone should have a 1080P LCD screen in 2017 unless it is a budget phone.

Low res ? 1080P on a 5.5” screen ? Are you for real ?

anon(41073)

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site

1080P, using a REAL RGB matrix (and not that joke of a PenTile matrix) is more than your eyes can discern.
SO you’re just a marketing victim.

Marketing victim would be anybody using an 8 Plus in 2018 which is basically the same damn phone as the 7Plus. I left 1080P about 3 years ago on my Android phones. Had to deal with this mess since then with my iPhones. Actually less than 1080P because i always used the non-plus models due to me refusing to carry a phone the size models. There is no way in the world that a 5.5" phone to be that huge. Almost laughable. It was acceptable in 2014. Not much so nowadays. I can see the difference as well as others. The text is much sharper.

AugustVance

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I’m happy to hear you were able to figure out the causes of the headaches that you were experiencing. You can now enjoy your X!!

Thanks. It was a relief because I know there are a small subset of X users out there who struggle using their new device because of how the screen effects them.

MaxSmarties

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site

Marketing victim would be anybody using an 8 Plus in 2018 which is basically the same damn phone as the 7Plus. I left 1080P about 3 years ago on my Android phones. Had to deal with this mess since then with my iPhones. Actually less than 1080P because i always used the non-plus models due to me refusing to carry a phone the size models. There is no way in the world that a 5.5" phone to be that huge. Almost laughable. It was acceptable in 2014. Not much so nowadays. I can see the difference as well as others. The text is much sharper.
You can’t see any difference if you are not Superman.
BTW iPhone 8 basically is the best smartphone on the market (only the X is marginally superior, if you like the form factor) and runs circles around the Android crapware out there.
iPhone 8 Plus LCD is the best on the market, better than 95% of the displays out there (including OLEDs).
Basically only the S8 , Note 8 and X screens are marginally better (but they are OLED, so they will degrade over the time).

anon(41073)

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site

You can’t see any difference if you are not Superman.
BTW iPhone 8 basically is the best smartphone on the market (only the X is marginally superior, if you like the form factor) and runs circles around the Android crapware out there.
iPhone 8 Plus LCD is the best on the market, better than 95% of the displays out there (including OLEDs).
Basically only the S8 , Note 8 and X screens are marginally better (but they are OLED, so they will degrade over the time).

https://www.cnet.com/topics/phones/best-phones/

The 8 plus is far from being the best smartphone. As for 1080P, looks like crap fro VR and is not recommended. Long story short, the 8 Plus is a dinosaur and a mid-range phone at best.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods