Are you a part of Team 8 Plus?

Sep 26, 2017
Visit site
Re: Team 8 Plus

Holds true with the iPhone X. Not much so with the 8 Plus. Sad the the 8 Plus has the worse battery life since it is pushing suck a low res LCD screen. No phone should have a 1080P LCD screen in 2017 unless it is a budget phone.

This comment makes no sense. Anyway, I have both the 8plus and the X, and the 8 plus runs rings around it in battery life

anon(41073)

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site

This comment makes no sense. Anyway, I have both the 8plus and the X, and the 8 plus runs rings around it in battery life

No flagship phone in 2017/18. Should have a 1080P LCD screen. There's also for no reason for a phone to be that big having only a 5.5" screen. The phone is big for no damn reason,

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site

No flagship phone in 2017/18. Should have a 1080P LCD screen. There's also for no reason for a phone to be that big having only a 5.5" screen. The phone is big for no damn reason,

Have to agree with you on both points you made. Apple is the only one who still manufacturers lcd displays, it is time to be done with them! No reason why they can’t all be OLED.

I always hated how cumbersome the plus model was to carry around. Phone is way too big for that size screen. Look at the s8 and s8 plus, also note 8. Hey look at the X! No reason for a phone to be that big with a 5.5” screen.

I am curious to see how the “X Plus” will look next year. Apparently it will be a 6.5” screen.

anon(41073)

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site

Have to agree with you on both points you made. Apple is the only one who still manufacturers lcd displays, it is time to be done with them! No reason why they can’t all be OLED.

I always hated how cumbersome the plus model was to carry around. Phone is way too big for that size screen. Look at the s8 and s8 plus, also note 8. Hey look at the X! No reason for a phone to be that big with a 5.5” screen.

I am curious to see how the “X Plus” will look next year. Apparently it will be a 6.5” screen.
I couldn't have said it any better myself.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site

Well, at the risk of repeating myself, I personally am enjoying the size of the 8 Plus. , before fully charging my phone last night, I had 48 hours since the previous charge, which makes me giddy!

Westiemom

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Well to each is his or her own. Not everyone likes the same things so arguments about how awful one model is because you don’t like it make no sense. You don’t like it.... that’s fine. It’s not like you don’t have a choice. I also have a choice and I chose the 8 Plus this year. I judge screens by how they actually look in real usage. I’ve come from Android and have had very high resolution screens that were beautiful. The screen on my 8 Plus looks just as good to me. Might not to you and that’s fine. If I didn’t like this phone I would have chosen the X. I did handle the X and looked it over thoroughly before making my decision. Then I chose what I wanted. I like big phones and am quite comfortable with this one. Also there is actually more usable screen real estate on the 8 Plus than the X. Lots of reviews on YouTube demonstrating that very well.

Next year when there’s a bigger X version that will also most likely be better with more of the first gen quirks worked out I’ll be in. :)

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Well to each is his or her own. Not everyone likes the same things so arguments about how awful one model is because you don’t like it make no sense. You don’t like it.... that’s fine. It’s not like you don’t have a choice. I also have a choice and I chose the 8 Plus this year. I judge screens by how they actually look in real usage. I’ve come from Android and have had very high resolution screens that were beautiful. The screen on my 8 Plus looks just as good to me. Might not to you and that’s fine. If I didn’t like this phone I would have chosen the X. I did handle the X and looked it over thoroughly before making my decision. Then I chose what I wanted. I like big phones and am quite comfortable with this one. Also there is actually more usable screen real estate on the 8 Plus than the X. Lots of reviews on YouTube demonstrating that very well.

Next year when there’s a bigger X version that will also most likely be better with more of the first gen quirks worked out I’ll be in. :)

The X Plus or whatever it’s going to be called is going to be great.
I’m just not excited about the price tag of it 🤣

Last edited:

RTakher209

Nov 7, 2017
Visit site
I love my 8Plus, then I bit the bullet and picked up an X. Kept my 8Plus and paid it off because I’ve been with the plus size since the 6. The X is my daily phone but I find myself using my 8Plus at home for multimedia, etc. it’s my back up.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I love my 8Plus, then I bit the bullet and picked up an X. Kept my 8Plus and paid it off because I’ve been with the plus size since the 6. The X is my daily phone but I find myself using my 8Plus at home for multimedia, etc. it’s my back up.

What did you use prior to the X and 8+?

AugustVance

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
While I do miss my X dearly, I’m am apart of the small group of people where using the X causes me to have headaches. I do keep thinking I will just deal with the headaches and get the X again but then when I think about it I honestly sound insane. Team 8plus until the new X arrives this year. Apple is aware of the problem is causes some users using the new OLED screen. They have all but confirmed software probably won’t fix the problem. So hopefully the new hardware will.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
While I do miss my X dearly, I’m am apart of the small group of people where using the X causes me to have headaches. I do keep thinking I will just deal with the headaches and get the X again but then when I think about it I honestly sound insane. Team 8plus until the new X arrives this year. Apple is aware of the problem is causes some users using the new OLED screen. They have all but confirmed software probably won’t fix the problem. So hopefully the new hardware will.

Is the battery life superior to the X?

AugustVance

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Is the battery life superior to the X?

I would say it’s alittle better. I still have my X and 8plus (as I said before I miss using my X daily however, I still have it as I’m undecided if I want to keep the 8plus or the X and deal with the headaches as they come)

anon(1733)

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
I caved again and picked up another X. Got bored the other day and bought another one. So far so good. It’s better now that most of my apps are optimized for the screen. On launch day it drove me nuts having everything cut short. We will see how it goes.