Are you a part of Team 8 Plus?

AugustVance

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Well, it’s officially official. I have decided to stick with the 8plus this cycle and decide what to do next year when they announce they new phones.

1 thing that is obvious only after just 1 day of switching to the 8plus.

The battery life is absolutely amazing.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Team 8plus

Well, it’s officially official. I have decided to stick with the 8plus this cycle and decide what to do next year when they announce they new phones.

1 thing that is obvious only after just 1 day of switching to the 8plus.

The battery life is absolutely amazing.

The Plus model iPhones have outstanding battery life, in my opinion. Anyway, I think you’ve made the right decision for your situation. Enjoy your iPhone 8 Plus sir.

vpblaze

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Re: Team 8 Plus

+1 for awesome battery life.
It’s crazy that the 8+ Plus can get almost double the battery life then any of the fancy high speced Android phones. All while having a smaller battery too!

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site

+1 for awesome battery life.
It’s crazy that the 8+ Plus can get almost double the battery life then any of the fancy high speced Android phones. All while having a smaller battery too!

Thanks to the A11 Bionic and the software + hardware integration by Apple.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site

Glad you've chosen! Deciding is such a relief. I was briefly on the fence but decided on the 8 Plus as well. I'm a true believer and am proud to be on Team 8 Plus! Great subject line, by the way! :D

Mr.Willie

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Mtiia37kdc&t=327s

Multiple youtube videos tell a different story. The 8 Plus seems to trail the X and multiple other Android flagships.

Hmmm... Run Geekbench until the battery runs out. iPhones cpu walks all over the android devices cpu. I would have liked to seen more real world test. True Tone on, location services on, (maps without location services ??? Really), email, audio and video playback, phone call either WiFi, cellular, or both, just general day to day ****.

If I do something that puts the iPhone into “kickass” mode, the job is going to get done faster than if I had an Android, so the Geekbench till shutdown was more of a cop out.

anon(41073)

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site

Hmmm... Run Geekbench until the battery runs out. iPhones cpu walks all over the android devices cpu. I would have liked to seen more real world test. True Tone on, location services on, (maps without location services ??? Really), email, audio and video playback, phone call either WiFi, cellular, or both, just general day to day ****.

If I do something that puts the iPhone into “kickass” mode, the job is going to get done faster than if I had an Android, so the Geekbench till shutdown was more of a cop out.

Holds true with the iPhone X. Not much so with the 8 Plus. Sad the the 8 Plus has the worse battery life since it is pushing suck a low res LCD screen. No phone should have a 1080P LCD screen in 2017 unless it is a budget phone.

krishnansasikumar

Dec 7, 2017
Visit site

I’m getting marginally better battery life out of my 8 plus compared to my Note 8. The quad hd screen vs hd screen doesn’t hold water since the change in resolution doesn’t better the battery life of the Note 8.

I’ve never felt an issue with the screen even after using it right after the Note 8. I’m not a pixel peeper btw.

The iPhone screen quality is very good IMO, the best after Samsung

razza1987

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site

I don’t know why some aren’t impressed by battery life. My last charge I was on YouTube for over five hours and my phone lasted for nearly nine and a half hours screen on time with over 20 hours total standby. Could not be more impressed with the battery life on this phone

henry007

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site

I can say I've watched all the battery life tests and comparisons. The iPhone 8 plus battery can't stand the heat but it has only the best standby so if you want to use your phone non-stop, you may not notice how epic that standby is.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site

I have seen two ppl with the X and it stands out if u know what u are looking at. Both customers of mine. One liked the other hasn’t made decision yet
I liked my Samsung notes. In the Apple scheme of things too many of this and that to get it done on the X
I like the 8+. 7+ my first iPhone
Made the right choice for me. And I did play with the x a lot

purwater

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site

I decided to go with the 8 Plus as well. It was a tough decision between the X and the 8 plus. I just wanted the Touch ID because of how I use my phone. Also, I've had some issues with my eyes in the past year and the LCD seems to be easier on them than the OLED. That X was sweet looking, but I know the 8 Plus will be rock solid. I'm coming over from a Galaxy S8+. I was all Apple for years and decided to try the S7 Edge and the S8+ after it. Not bad phones, but I missed iOS. Finally made the move back over on Saturday with a 256 GB model. So far it's like coming home. My battery life on the S8+ was excellent, but so far it looks like it'll be better on the 8 Plus. Time will tell over the next few weeks.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site

I decided to go with the 8 Plus as well. It was a tough decision between the X and the 8 plus. I just wanted the Touch ID because of how I use my phone. Also, I've had some issues with my eyes in the past year and the LCD seems to be easier on them than the OLED. That X was sweet looking, but I know the 8 Plus will be rock solid. I'm coming over from a Galaxy S8+. I was all Apple for years and decided to try the S7 Edge and the S8+ after it. Not bad phones, but I missed iOS. Finally made the move back over on Saturday with a 256 GB model. So far it's like coming home. My battery life on the S8+ was excellent, but so far it looks like it'll be better on the 8 Plus. Time will tell over the next few weeks.

Welcome back and congratulations on your 8 Plus!
Please update us in the coming weeks :)

Westiemom

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site

Well battery life has been great for me. Had mine since Black Friday. You never know with YouTube vids. I’m an avid watcher of tech channels but I don’t always rely on them to get it right. I’ve had great experiences with phones they panned in the past and bad experiences with some they seemed to love. Everyone uses their phone differently too and “ your mileage may vary” is very true.
My mileage has been pretty awesome after the first few days. Can’t judge battery life during those first days anyway when you’re setting up, transferring your stuff, and excessively fiddling with your new phone.

ReggieTee

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site

Tried the iPhone X. Returned it due to its smaller footprint. Went back to my 6S Plus. Tried the Pixel 2 XL for two weeks, loved it but ultimately decided the hardware doesn't justify the price tag. About to do what I should've done after returning the X. Getting the 8 Plus for a year until Apple can come with an X Plus. Didn't leave Android to go to a smaller phone that the X is. I needs my Plus series with FaceID next release.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh