Touch ID

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
Am two weeks into my 8+ from the 7+. Never an issue with Touch ID in the 7+
But my 8+ not as good. Anyone else having this problem. On my Starbucks app and my bank

Thx

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
It’s odd that either of you would notice any difference at all whether positive or negative considering there aren’t any hardware differences as far as Touch ID is concerned. Both are sporting the second generation Touch ID components.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I don’t know why I was having issues. A big reason I wouldn’t go with the X is no Touch ID. On my 7+ I only had to set it up once. Never had an issue. This was my 3rd time.
I like this phone a lot. I know the Verizon app is wonky because I have reported it to tech support. Hopefully it gets resolved soon Starbucks acting up. It was fine till this last update sane with my Bank

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I don’t know why I was having issues. A big reason I wouldn’t go with the X is no Touch ID. On my 7+ I only had to set it up once. Never had an issue. This was my 3rd time.
I like this phone a lot. I know the Verizon app is wonky because I have reported it to tech support. Hopefully it gets resolved soon Starbucks acting up. It was fine till this last update sane with my Bank

Enjoy the Touch ID while you can. This is likely the last phone Apple makes with it. Face ID is the future.

Westiemom

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
I don’t know if it’s my imagination but it always seems Touch ID works without fail the first couple of weeks after I set it up and then it starts to have more failures and I have to touch more than once. I don’t know if I’m just not placing my finger as accurately after a while and was more careful initially?
Sound crazy?

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I have always myself to blame when TouchID isn’t working properly.
Wiping my hands on my clothes and/or wiping the button clean seems to do the trick for me.
None of the 6 fingers I’ve initially set up needed to be set up again.

boeber

Dec 17, 2017
Visit site
Am two weeks into my 8+ from the 7+. Never an issue with Touch ID in the 7+
But my 8+ not as good. Anyone else having this problem. On my Starbucks app and my bank

Thx

Maybe your device has some hardware issues, take it to the iStore and discuss with them your issues or if you have a guarantee or insurance they should be able to swop it out of you (that’s another option)

B.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
Maybe your device has some hardware issues, take it to the iStore and discuss with them your issues or if you have a guarantee or insurance they should be able to swop it out of you (that’s another option)

B.

Thx. Device is fine. Reset and got it this time. It only took one set up though on 7+. Lol
It’s working fine now

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Ming Chi Kuo is rarely wrong when it comes to this stuff.

You’re right but he waffled like a mofo on whether Touch ID would be included on the X or not. He ultimately said that Apple decided in July of this year that they couldn’t get Touch ID under the display so they decided to roll with Face ID only. Pretty sure Apple would have made a decision like that a year ago now instead of 3 months before announcing it. He absolutely looked stupid when it came to this.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
You’re right but he waffled like a mofo on whether Touch ID would be included on the X or not. He ultimately said that Apple decided in July of this year that they couldn’t get Touch ID under the display so they decided to roll with Face ID only. Pretty sure Apple would have made a decision like that a year ago now instead of 3 months before announcing it. He absolutely looked stupid when it came to this.

Sure the little details he does. But not the overall design. He called the X design right after the 6s hit. Almost 2 years in advance and at the time even said it was not going to hit for the time what was slated for the 7 release. And if he says the next phone that is to replace the 8 is a full screen LCD with Face ID, I believe it. Plus Apple is all in on Face ID. There is no reason for them to keep designing a phone with a big forehead and chin to just have touch ID. The times are changing. I can’t see them investing into that same 6/6s/7/8 design for a 5th year. Apple also won’t invest 100’s of million to redesign another phone with the forehead and chin.

Let’s just face it. Touch ID is going away on iPhones very soon.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711