Touch ID

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Sure the little details he does. But not the overall design. He called the X design right after the 6s hit. Almost 2 years in advance and at the time even said it was not going to hit for the time what was slated for the 7 release. And if he says the next phone that is to replace the 8 is a full screen LCD with Face ID, I believe it. Plus Apple is all in on Face ID. There is no reason for them to keep designing a phone with a big forehead and chin to just have touch ID. The times are changing. I can’t see them investing into that same 6/6s/7/8 design for a 5th year. Apple also won’t invest 100’s of million to redesign another phone with the forehead and chin.

Let’s just face it. Touch ID is going away on iPhones very soon.

I’m not arguing any of what you’re saying here. I’m arguing a particular “little detail” which turned out to be a big detail. I just wouldn’t make him the end all, be all going forward. I think he also talked about supply chain issues going into 2018 but he at least corrected himself on that.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I’m not arguing any of what you’re saying here. I’m arguing a particular “little detail” which turned out to be a big detail. I just wouldn’t make him the end all, be all going forward. I think he also talked about supply chain issues going into 2018 but he at least corrected himself on that.
In the meantime, enjoy the last big iPhone with touch ID.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I wouldn’t be thrilled, but it wouldn’t make me turn away from Apple. I sort of have this “trust” in Apple. That may seem foolish, but they haven’t steered me wrong yet!

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Shrinking the bezels like the iPad Pro 10.5 may be an option which would enable the finger print scanner to stay on the front, as would placing the scanner on the rear (centered).

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
Bite your Tongue

I hope it’s not

As for the thread setting up your Touch ID again will set things Straight

Everything I'm seeing from Apple points to them no longer having Touch ID. It does sound that, should an SE replacement be released this spring, that it likely will have Touch ID but that it will be the last Apple phone released with it.

Of course, I once felt similarly about Face ID, I really didn't like it when it was first introduced. Then I had the opportunity to use an iPhone X for almost a month and found I really liked it. Granted, there are a couple of things I'd like to see tweaked (such as the ability in options to remove the need to swipe up to unlock the phone). My experience, though, is that I had no more issues with Face ID than I did with Touch ID. Additionally, there were situations where Face ID is slower (such as swiping up from the lock screen) but others where it was faster (selecting a notification from the lock screen). It was wonderful to open a banking, or similar security, app and not need to worry about putting a finger on the FPS, you just open the app and it opens, with the Face ID icon popping up for a second to unlock the app.

Now that I'm back to using my 8 Plus, I find myself rather wishing I still had Face ID.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR