Is This Normal?

razza1987

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
My safari internet on my phone is saying Rachel’s iPad when I am using it on my iPhone. I am using the same account on both devices but just found this weird. Is this normal? Both devices don’t have the same apps either which is strange.

5e3de010e0c11a6916385a2a816c5407.jpg

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
That feature is called Handoff. It is normal, and can also be turned off. You said you were using the same account on both devices, so if Rachel’s iPad had any open tabs or Safari open you would see those there on your phone. Unless you turn off Handoff. You will also see this on the lock screen for other Handoff enabled apps like phone and messages.

razza1987

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
That feature is called Handoff. It is normal, and can also be turned off. You said you were using the same account on both devices, so if Rachel’s iPad had any open tabs or Safari open you would see those there on your phone. Unless you turn off Handoff. You will also see this on the lock screen for other Handoff enabled apps like phone and messages.

Thank you for answering. I’ve never had an iPad before so all of this is new to me lol

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
It will show your open tabs on other devices you have logged in to the same Apple ID. I see tabs on my 6s Plus that are open on my old iPhone 5.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Both devices don’t have the same apps either which is strange.

This can also be changed. I have my iPhone and iPad set up to NOT sync apps as I have a lot of those design apps like you see on tv (except mine are for designing audio/video equip,emt installs) on my iPad and don't want them on my iPhone. But some people like all of their devices having the same apps.

Mr.Willie

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
I don’t know who Rachel is, but it’s a way to keep tabs on what she’s up too.

I showed the wife how to see what websites I visit. She kept it turned on for a while and shut it off. We can access each other’s devices, so it’s a moot point. I have nothing to hide from her anyway.

The wife’s mother’s husband died two years ago and she lost all of his electronic purchases, so we decide to share and be able to access each other’s devices. (Sorry for getting off track).

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

I've never had handoff turned on, but I see tabs from my old iPhone 5 on my 6s Plus, and vice versa. They show at the bottom in Safari as white text.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Honey Beagle

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members