New iPhone 8 plus battery life.

Sagesse

Dec 3, 2017
Visit site
Hi,
I am wondering if my 8 plus's battery is normal or if I should take it back to apple to exchange the phone?

I've had the phone for 3 days now and the stats have been the same for the past 3 days.

I am already at 48% with only 4hrs of usage. I have seen people with 7hrs of usage with over 50% battery left.

Thank you

Attachments

• IMG_7896.jpeg
    IMG_7896.jpeg
    237.4 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_7897.jpeg
    IMG_7897.jpeg
    230.8 KB · Views: 6

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
It comes down to your personal usage.
If you watch videos or play games, it won’t last as long.
4-6 hours of usage time is considered normal IMO.

Sagesse

Dec 3, 2017
Visit site
It comes down to your personal usage.
If you watch videos or play games, it won’t last as long.
4-6 hours of usage time is considered normal IMO.

Really? I thought at least 10 hrs on the IPhone 8 plus,for an average user.
Since buying it, I have only used it for browsing,messaging/calls and listening to music.
As you can see from the screenshots.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Really? I thought at least 10 hrs on the IPhone 8 plus,for an average user.
Since buying it, I have only used it for browsing,messaging/calls and listening to music.
As you can see from the screenshots.

You might be using the iPhone more since you’ve just received it.
I’m a heavy user and I get 5-6 hours of usage if I don’t play games.

razza1987

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
That was my expectation as well.
Was your battery life the same from the time you got it? Or did it improve after the novelty wore off?

At first I had a charging issue where my phone would only charge to 95% but since that issue was cleared up with an update I’ve charged it twice and each time got 10-11 hours out of it. I had 35% of the battery used up with YouTube usage as well so I wasn’t lightly using it either. Everyone’s usage and battery times will be different but if you feel that you aren’t getting as much battery usage as you should be go and get a replacement :)

Sagesse

Dec 3, 2017
Visit site
At first I had a charging issue where my phone would only charge to 95% but since that issue was cleared up with an update I’ve charged it twice and each time got 10-11 hours out of it. I had 35% of the battery used up with YouTube usage as well so I wasn’t lightly using it either. Everyone’s usage and battery times will be different but if you feel that you aren’t getting as much battery usage as you should be go and get a replacement :)

That is very good battery life. I am going to give it a week, if nothing changes, i will get a replacement.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox