Hi there,

I love my iPhone 8 Plus , but I have fallen in love with the deep sea blue Note 8. I have even contemplated about getting the Note as a second phone.

I also have an iMac, Apple Watch, and an iPad.

Am I crazy ?

Thanks,

Pinkfloyd7571
    12-02-2017 10:45 PM
    I have both the Note 8 and the iPhone 8 Plus. They are both great phones in their own ways. The Note 8 experience has been better overall. The software experience has been the biggest surprise. It's a very good experience on the Note 8. That being said, the biggest struggle will be with the ecosystem. You are definitely in the Apple ecosystem. It's tough to leave or introduce an outsider. Good luck with your choice.
    12-02-2017 11:27 PM
    If you want to rock two phones, why not? :P
    12-03-2017 12:26 AM
    I came from Samsung and had all the Note devices.
    Been with Apple almost a yr now. No turning back
    12-03-2017 12:35 AM
    I have the X as well as the Note 8. Both are great phones. Both have amazing strengths and weaknesses. Google eats up Siri and Samsung Pay is pretty amazing, but the sound on the X blows away the Note’s single speaker, as well as Face ID destroys the poor placement of the fingerprint scanner on the Note. But I much prefer Android Auto over Car Play. Luckily, my Accord has both. For those of us who have a great iPhone and great Android, I’d say we are pretty lucky and have all of our bases covered and enjoy our mighty powerful devices!
    sergysn, robinhelene and mumfoau like this.
    12-03-2017 01:02 AM
    If you want to rock two phones, why not? :P
    Agreed. If you are going to use two phones then go for it. I gave my 8 Plus to my oldest daughter as she was always running out of room on her 32gb. I'll sell her phone and then I'll make a choice on keeping my Note 8 or getting another iPhone. I won't keep two phones myself. Honestly, as good as the Note 8 is, I'll probably get another 8 Plus for myself. I've really gotten into the ecosystem this past year.
    12-03-2017 07:43 AM
    Hi there,

I love my iPhone 8 Plus , but I have fallen in love with the deep sea blue Note 8. I have even contemplated about getting the Note as a second phone.

I also have an iMac, Apple Watch, and an iPad.

Am I crazy ?

Thanks,

Pinkfloyd7571
    So I suppose you don’t use cases? Cause slapping on a case will certainly negate that deep sea blue.

I sometimes get the bug to pop my sim into one of my Android phones, but I usually end up putting it back into my iPhone within 24 hours. The ecosystem is just too hard to step away from when your family and friends are in it.
    12-03-2017 07:58 AM
    /iphone-8-plus/397381-note-8-a.html#post3021433

I'm using a Note 8 right now and I completely agree with you. While it's certainly possible, it is less than ideal. Despite loving my Note 8, I'll be back on iOS with my family and friends shortly.
    12-03-2017 08:21 AM
    Agreed. If you are going to use two phones then go for it. I gave my 8 Plus to my oldest daughter as she was always running out of room on her 32gb. I'll sell her phone and then I'll make a choice on keeping my Note 8 or getting another iPhone. I won't keep two phones myself. Honestly, as good as the Note 8 is, I'll probably get another 8 Plus for myself. I've really gotten into the ecosystem this past year.
    Yep!
    The 8 Plus is a great phone and I’m one of those people who prefers having everything on one phone.
    cwbcpa and Jude526 like this.
    12-03-2017 08:51 AM
    Yes, you are :P
    12-03-2017 12:34 PM
    I prefer what works and have had issues and it led me to Apple.
    12-03-2017 03:58 PM

Am I crazy ?
    Yes.

The Note 8 will be old news and will not receive timely updates in roughly 2 years. That's why I left Android. I got tired of spending 800 dollars a pop on a new phone every two years because Google stopped sending timely updates to their 2 year old flagship devices. As you know, Apple sends out timely updates to all of their phones, flagship or not, unless the device has hardware too old to keep up with the software updates.
    Jude526 likes this.
    12-04-2017 04:58 PM
    And Apple devices at least in my opinion run smoother. I was on Android for many years
    12-04-2017 08:20 PM
    I have the X as well as the Note 8. Both are great phones. Both have amazing strengths and weaknesses. Google eats up Siri and Samsung Pay is pretty amazing, but the sound on the X blows away the Note’s single speaker, as well as Face ID destroys the poor placement of the fingerprint scanner on the Note. But I much prefer Android Auto over Car Play. Luckily, my Accord has both. For those of us who have a great iPhone and great Android, I’d say we are pretty lucky and have all of our bases covered and enjoy our mighty powerful devices!
    Couldn’t have said it better.
    I have iPhone X and Note 8
    12-05-2017 03:48 AM
    And Apple devices at least in my opinion run smoother. I was on Android for many years
    It sure does.
    Androids doesn’t stay as smooth over time.
    12-05-2017 05:45 AM
    It sure does.
    Androids doesn’t stay as smooth over time.
    Agreed. I was consistently having to install custom ROMs just to keep a smoother running device.... and be able to stay on top of bugs fixes and security patches that Google was too lazy to push out in a timely manner.
    12-05-2017 02:08 PM
    Yes.

The Note 8 will be old news and will not receive timely updates in roughly 2 years. That's why I left Android. I got tired of spending 800 dollars a pop on a new phone every two years because Google stopped sending timely updates to their 2 year old flagship devices. As you know, Apple sends out timely updates to all of their phones, flagship or not, unless the device has hardware too old to keep up with the software updates.
    If I could keep a phone even 1 year I would be ecstatic
    12-05-2017 10:26 PM
    I had my 7+ just about a yr but I wanted the 8+ really bad. LOL. And whil getting it, I saw a father getting his 12 yr old the X. Kids today.
    12-06-2017 12:47 AM
    I have the Note 8 and it’s amazing
    12-06-2017 11:09 AM