Weird Charging Issue

razza1987

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
I just had a weird charging issue. My phone appeared to be stuck charging once it got to 95%. It wouldn’t rise after that. I switched the phone off and back on again and when I turned it back on it said it was at 100%

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I should do? Should I let I discharge completely before plugging it in again. I’m so confused

razza1987

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
I took it into my local Telstra provider and the new update came out while the phone was there lol. He said it was likely a software issue. Fingers crossed it is now sorted. Though I laughed and said why couldn’t the update have come out an hour earlier cause I came in here for nothing lmao

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
In case the software did not fix the problem.
Try recalibrating the battery once a month by charging it to 100%, draining it to 0% and then fully charging it back to 100%.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Well with Lithium Ion batteries, and especially current ones. You can’t “calibrate” them. You can overcharge them, and you can’t kill them by having a 0% for a period of time. They will steadily lose capacity over time. This is unavailable and happens to all batteries. As for your charge issue, it’s just a display issue. I see it occasionally as well. Your battery and phone are fine. The percentage should fix itself just by unplugging the charger.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW