Which iPhone color should I get - Gold or Space Grey?

corrycorry

Nov 29, 2017
Visit site
I’m upgrading to an 8 Plus & I’ve always gone with a phone with black screen up til now. I’m undecided whether to go with gold with white face this time or play it safe with space grey & black face. I’d welcome your comments & advice please before I decide. Thanks

jhnnyblze2000

Feb 6, 2010
Visit site
8 Plus Gold or Space Grey

I always get the black faced phones only cause I think the black is nicer for media consumption the screen kinda fades into the rest of the phone. That being said I wish they'd make the 8 plus with a black face and different colored backs, best of both worlds lol.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Re: 8 Plus Gold or Space Grey

The gold 8 plus is really nice. The glass back with the gold are a nice look. If the white screen boarder does not make you nuts then I say get that.

etad putta

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site

Wife got space grey, daughter gold. I thought the gold\white looked nicer. Can't really go wrong with either. They both put cases on right away anyhow.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site

That new gold looks pretty nice but I got the space grey. I really like the look of the black front phones so wouldn’t do anything else anyway.

Anastayja1

Trusted Member
Oct 26, 2016
Visit site

I have always gotten black faced phones and then I saw the gold iPhone 8 plus. It really is a pretty color and I actually prefer it over the other color options Apple offers this year. I honestly don’t even notice the white front when watching videos. Have you seen them in person? It’s always easier to decide when you actually know what they look like.

Westiemom

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site

I had the rose gold 6S Plus and wanted the 8 Plus in space gray for the black front for a change.
However I got my phone at Walmart on Thanksgiving (actually had to wait til Friday to go back and get it) and waited in line for 2 hours so I could get the $300 gift card offer with it.
By the time I got to the front to make my appointment for the phone they only had 2 silver 8 plus left.
I was disappointed at first but now that I have it I love it. The silver is really beautiful and I have several clear cases - some with designs and one plain - that look gorgeous on the silver phone.
Sometimes the way things turn out is better than what you thought you wanted. Wouldn’t want anything else now if you gave me the choice ❤️

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site

I have always liked white fronts. But you can’t go wrong with either choices. My 7+ is the rose gold. When I do get the 8+ it will be the gold. Holding off a bit. But it’s the one I want

RTakher209

Nov 7, 2017
Visit site

The gold looks really good. I got the wife a gold iPhone 8 and she digs it. I’ve always liked my phones black. I have the space grey 8 plus and it’s a beauty caseless (only at home) haha. Honestly can’t go wrong either way.

NJ1193

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site

I recommend the gold - that’s what I went with. I have always liked white fronts on iPhones. If you get a glass screen protector, lint accumulates on the edges and looks horrible on the space grey model (I had an iPhone X previously, but swapped for the gold 8 Plus).

Absolutely beautiful phone. I had the rose gold 7 Plus and the red 7 Plus before, I much prefer the gold color on the 8 Plus.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site

The only smartphone I’ve had that hasn’t been black was my very first iPhone- the 5c. Other than that my S2, S4, iPhone six plus, S6, S7E and now 8plus have all been black lol

Hahaha cool!
I don’t see myself owning a white device at all.
Dark colors FTW.

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site

Welcome to iMore.
This question gets asked a lot. I always offer the same advice. As all people have different taste you are going to get varying answers. Plus no one has your exact taste. I suggest going to the Apple Store and comparing them side by side. In the end you are the person who has to live with and use it. And you don't want to base your decisions on other peoples like and dislikes then down the road regret your final decision.

gnirkatto

Nov 4, 2017
Visit site

I would have liked to have a silver back with black face but unfortunately they stopped that after the 6 (or 6S?). So space grey for me. The gold/white version might look nicer when looking at the phone as such, but for media consumption etc the black face is much more discreet imho.

corrycorry

Nov 29, 2017
Visit site

Thanks for all the posts. I’ve always had black front phones so gonna go with the space grey. Have to wait a bit for it as none available at the moment but as I’ll be looking at it for couple of years I think I’d feel happier with the black. I’ll have a loopy cover on so colour of back is irrelevant but I think I’d alwsys regret it if I got the white. First world problems I know!! Lol Thanks again...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR