Iphone 8 plus vs. iPhone X

mphillips828

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Hey everyone,

I am looking to upgrade and can get a great discount on the iPhone 8plus phones.

I am really wanting the iPhone X, but with the discounts would the iPhone 8 plus be the better choice? Coming from 6S Plus currently.

discounts are:

$408+taxes for 2 iPhone 8 Plus - 256gb each. So approximately $200 each phone.

etad putta

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
iPhone EX at $1000 more per phone is still a much better choice. It allows me to feel that I’m cooler because I have the most bestess phone in the room.

jhnnyblze2000

Feb 6, 2010
Visit site
Honestly that's gonna come down to you. I had the choice between the 2 and I went with the 8 plus. The bigger battery and wider screen were more appealing to me than the "X". I played with them both in store before I bought the 8 plua and there were a few software things and gestures I personally wasn't a big fan of in the X. If they make a plus version of the X next year then I'll probably make the leap then.

vpblaze

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
IMO I would go with the 8+. Simply for the battery life and form factor.
Obviously it’s personal preference. I am not a huge fame of the X and lack of Touch ID.
Perhaps get the 8+ with the discounts and get the X to try it out. If you don’t like it return the X. If you do like it, sell the 8s to cover the cost....

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I have played with the X. Not a fan. I have the 7+ and I have played with the 8+. I want to upgrade eventually to the 8+. It is enough of an upgrade for me and I still have Touch ID. I don’t like Facial recognition nor do I care about the talking emojis. For me it about the guts of the phone. What it can do and it’s benefits. The X is overly priced and that notch is ugly. My opinion

RTakher209

Nov 7, 2017
Visit site
I would go for the 8 Plus. I’ve been going back and forth on getting the X and still after spending some time with it, I can’t pull the trigger even though I’ve warmed up to it a bit. My 8 plus is a beast and I’ve compared it side by side to the X and even though the OLED is nice on the X, it was hard to tell a difference compared to the 8 plus. Heck, even the 8 plus at times to me looked better and brighter, I don’t know that’s just me.

Mr.Willie

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
8 plus all the way. Especially at the prices you’re getting them for. I went from the 6 +. I like the screen size, battery life, home button, Touch ID, bezels on the 8 series.

Westiemom

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
I saw the X the day after it came out. ( talked about it in a different thread) I really wasn’t blown away. I could upgrade to either but chose the 8Plus. The price wasn’t a consideration.
I have the 256 gb Plus and it retails for $950 or so. A $300 gift card came with it but they had the same deal for the X so both were discounted that way. (interesting thing is when I went to get my 8Plus the next day the sales guys at Walmart said that out of all the people who made an appointment for the X only 3 came back for their appointment to get it. )
Anyway, I upgrade every year normally so I’ll check out the next iteration of the X and bite then probably.
Love tech - phones in particular- and the gestures don’t bother me at all. It’s some of the quirks that come with a new model in the beginning that I’d rather wait out.

NJ1193

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
I bought the iPhone X a couple weeks ago - it was a cool phone, but the use of PWM on the OLED screen gave me bad headaches, so I switched to the 8 Plus. I actually prefer the 8 Plus - Touch ID seems to be a little faster than Face ID, it has a larger screen, and much better battery life.

NJ1193

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
I bought the iPhone X a couple weeks ago - it was a cool phone, but the use of PWM on the OLED screen gave me bad headaches, so I switched to the 8 Plus. I actually prefer the 8 Plus - Touch ID seems to be a little faster than Face ID, it has a larger screen, and much better battery life.

If anyone is wondering about the PWM and OLED issue - check out the MacRumors forum - there’s an 18 page (and counting) thread about the issue.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I am very happy. I have been wanting the 8+ for awhile even though my 7+ has no issues and has been a great phone. Ericka told me my phone looks new....I take care of my gadgets. I am glad to finally have the 8+ and will be happy for two yrs. I could hang onto this phone for a full two yrs and God willing, I will still be here. Fighting to be here. Have awesome dr taking care of me.

jpgti

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
Coming from someone that has both, they both have their things to like and dislike. The size on the X is damn near perfect. It could be a tad bigger (both the phone and screen), but pretty close to perfect. The screen is great. No home button takes a minute to get used to, but I find myself trying to swipe on my 8+ and iPad more often than I find myself trying to hit the home button on the X. It can be used with one hand, big + in my book.

The 8+, well that screen size. Watching videos, playing a game, more screen real estate just equals a better experience for me. Thats really about it though. Its really too big to use with one hand, it actually makes my hands tired using it.

Looking back (I started with the 8+, then got the X) I probably would have not gotten the X. Its cool, and the overall size is better, but I just like screen real estate.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
Last night I said the heck with it. I got a tablet off my account and I have been wanting this gold Beauty. Funny. I prefer silver jewelry but love this goldfish color phone and the soft gold on my Series 3 Watch.
Got the phone last night and I think it’s very pretty. I had the rose gold. The Apple looks rose gold. Pretty combo
Apple mail not as quick. But my cellular has been acting up. I hope fixed now.
I am glad I chose it over the X. I like this firm factor. I see nothing wrong with it. One if my employee’s girl friend works for Apple on the Genius Bar. X is selling but she prefers the 8+
I saw a dad getting his 12 yr old the X
And Ericka who was assisting me also prefers the 8 line.
Individual tastes. Just hope Apple remembers that next yr. not everyone will want a clone X

krishnansasikumar

Dec 7, 2017
Visit site
Go with the 8+. At the price you are getting it for, its a no brainer.

The X form factor is what the future of Apple is. So you will get the chance to get that next year.

I got the 8+ for its wider screen, touch ID and the price that I got it for.

I don't really like the elongated form factor, I have that on my Note 8. And bezels are useful while holding the phone while watching videos for a long time and playing games

ench18

May 25, 2015
Visit site
Don’t plan on being bias or anything.. I just got my iPhone 8+ almost 2 weeks ago. I’m really happy with it. With all the comments that people are having problems with their screens now a days I’m glad I chose the I8+