Have you noticed that the  logo on the back of the 8 Plus is lower than it predecessor?

jhnnyblze2000

Feb 6, 2010
Visit site
I just pulled out an old iphone 7 plus case and tried to used it on my 8 plus and noticed the logo isn't centered in the hole. So I took the old 7 plus that I have laying around and compared the 2 backs and sure enough the apple logo on the back of the 8 plus is slightly lower than on the 7 plus. I was wondering if anyone else has noticed this or could. Check their 8 plus to confirm.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Re: Apple logo on the back of the 8 plus

I cannot confirm this as I do not own the 8 Plus, but from what I know these two cases should be identical.

jhnnyblze2000

Feb 6, 2010
Visit site

Yea I know old is relative lol. I did however contact apple support chat and they did tell me this is normal. I tried 3 different chat people and all said that they did lower the apple logo on the 8 plus for whatever reason.

vpblaze

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site

Yea I know old is relative lol. I did however contact apple support chat and they did tell me this is normal. I tried 3 different chat people and all said that they did lower the apple logo on the 8 plus for whatever reason.

That’s a bit frustrating. Companies aren’t redesigning cases just for the 8+. Foolish on Apples part for that one.

jhnnyblze2000

Feb 6, 2010
Visit site

Only thing I'm worried about at this point is when my dbrand comes. I'm hoping they have the cut outs right.

ab06deg1

Nov 25, 2016
Visit site

I think companies should redesign cases just for the 8/8 plus, instead of putting a sticker on the box that says “7/8”. After all we are paying full price. And the 8 plus, beside the logo beeing a little lower, is also wider, thicker and taller with 0,2 mm. On a very tight case the difference is noticeable.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site

Interesting. Since they’re not required to display the FCC/regulatory information on the back of the device anymore I’m sure Apple thought it made sense to lower the logo a bit to compensate. I’m not personally a fan of cases with logo cutouts but it stinks if you’re trying to reuse an old iPhone 7 case that has one.

jhnnyblze2000

Feb 6, 2010
Visit site

Interesting. Since they’re not required to display the FCC/regulatory information on the back of the device anymore I’m sure Apple thought it made sense to lower the logo a bit to compensate. I’m not personally a fan of cases with logo cutouts but it stinks if you’re trying to reuse an old iPhone 7 case that has one.

Agreed. Only cases like that I really use were the otterbox defender and commuter and some of the spigen cases.

jhnnyblze2000

Feb 6, 2010
Visit site

I think companies should redesign cases just for the 8/8 plus, instead of putting a sticker on the box that says “7/8”. After all we are paying full price. And the 8 plus, beside the logo beeing a little lower, is also wider, thicker and taller with 0,2 mm. On a very tight case the difference is noticeable.

Honestly I think the bigger companies might make the whole a bit bigger to compensate. Like I said it's not a huge difference so I little more open space your not gonna really notice but it would fix the problem. I would however be weary of buying cases in stores that just slap a sticker on the box saying "and 8 plus" best buy is notorious for that.

jhnnyblze2000

Feb 6, 2010
Visit site

Yes they have them right.
I received my dbrand skin for the 8+ today and it fits perfectly.

Ok so it's been crazy with the holiday but I did get my skins and you are correct they definitely nailed it with the skins for this phone.

jhnnyblze2000

Feb 6, 2010
Visit site

I have the white leather debrand coming for my gold 8 plus are they fairly easy to apply?

They're fairly easy they also come with a link to type in on instructions for your phone. Just have to take your time and as long as your not too far along in the process you can take it off and re-apply. The new ones come with 2. Just a back and back and sides. Just the back you can take off and re-apply later if you wanna switch it up. The back and sides are a little more permanent, they're easy to take off but I usually end up ripping them lol.

firstborn80

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site

I had this issue with a VRS Design case I had. I attempted to exchange it for a case without the cut out but they sent me the exact same case so I don’t use it at all. I don’t buy any 8+ cases with the cut out.

Gray Area

Dec 12, 2017
Visit site

Agreed, I have a cutout only because I have an otterbox case. I never understood why cases had the cutout in the 1st place. I guess fashion.

Saskat

Mar 13, 2017
Visit site

I have noticed the same thing op. I'd say the difference is about a quarter of an inch.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Agreed, I have a cutout only because I have an otterbox case. I never understood why cases had the cutout in the 1st place. I guess fashion.

Fashion is part of it, so the  is visible. But for some, like Otterbox, it gives the phone more ventilation space to help keep it cool.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711