Still glad I went with the 8Plus

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
That’s what I’m wondering about. If it fits in my leg pocket on my carpenter pants with a case than it’s mine. If not, than iPhone X will be my first phone ever that I’ve had more than a year.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
When I originally got my X, within the first week I was going to return it for an 8 Plus, but I got a Catalyst case which added just enough width to make it feel more comfortable in my hand to use. I miss the aspect ratio of my 7 Plus but I prefer the smaller size. The big question is next year if the come out with an all screen version to replace the 8 Plus what will people do then?

If it offers more features than the 5.8” model, then it might tempt me.

However, if they offer the same features... I might stick with the 5.8” due to its size.

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
Well we all know that it will offer more features. That’s for sure. There’s no way Apple will offer another iPhone with the same features. Just look at the plus models from 6 to 7. I think the 8 had a lot more.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Well we all know that it will offer more features. That’s for sure. There’s no way Apple will offer another iPhone with the same features. Just look at the plus models from 6 to 7. I think the 8 had a lot more.

It does offer plenty of new features.
I’m curious on what features will be announced on the new iPhones next year.

jlczl

Jan 21, 2004
Visit site

What features does the 8+ have over the 8? Other than a larger battery and screen.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I am still healing but doing ok. And getting back into my life is also good for my morale with all I am dealing with. Takes my mind off things. I had a lot facing me and am caught up on the paperwork.

Distraction is a good thing. My prayers are with you :)

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I've no regrets! I have nothing against the X, and it's nice that there are so many options for people. I know of some businesses that are not buying iPhone X for their employees because they are so different and support would be challenging. I'm sure that will change with time, but I would guess that will change in time.

SR45

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
I went with the 8+ before the X came out. I have no remorse. 8+ has a wider screen and a larger keyboard that I like. Perhaps next year Apple will have the X plus that will entice me. Also looking forward to seeing what the galaxy S9 will have to offer. I am not locked into any one manuefacture, but I do like touch ID. Now there is talk of touch ID under the screen for 2018 for some manuefacture, but not Apple . Only can hope. I like options and having both the touch ID and Face ID would be a nice option

anon(41073)

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
The 8Plus looks and feels so 2016. LCD screens are so 2010. Basically the 8 Plus is an old phone with new internals. It's the equivalent of teaching an old dog new tricks.

TwitchyPuppy

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
I opted for the 8 Plus over the X only because of the form factor to close to the ‘regular’ iPhone 6/7/8. I’ve had the Plus since the 6 Plus and really feel like it’s the perfect size.

X is too narrow and cramped to my liking.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Not the screen but the phone size altogether.
X’s screen is 5.8”
Plus’ screen is 5.5”

I was referring to the actual screen area. Due to the screen size ratio there is more screen area on the 5.5” Plus(13.06 sq. in.) than on the 5.8” X (12.7 sq. in). That difference becomes even bigger when watching a movie or video in the standard format that most are in today. The Plus keeps its same 5.5” (13.06 sq in) while the X goes down to about a 5” (10.93 sq in) viewing area.

That may be a sacrifice some are willing to make for the higher screen quality. It’s all about preference.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I opted for the 8 Plus over the X only because of the form factor to close to the ‘regular’ iPhone 6/7/8. I’ve had the Plus since the 6 Plus and really feel like it’s the perfect size.

X is too narrow and cramped to my liking.

I got the 8+ at launch. But gladly sold it when I got the X. The same design for 4 years and form factor, I couldn’t do it anymore.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I don’t like the X. I tried to like it, played with it a lot. But what I want in a phone the 8+ does and am happy with my choice.
I like the form factor, how it feels in my hands and the Touch ID. I like the bezel and it isn’t because I don’t like complete touch screens, because I do....just not the X

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2