Still glad I went with the 8Plus

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Yea. I was having trouble with the 7 plus too. The 8 plus seemed too be more of a problem. I wear carpenter pants just to put my iPhone in the leg pocket.

Don’t get my wrong. The 8 plus is a beautiful iPhone. I still love it. Maybe it was just time for a change. I had the 6, 6S, 7, and now 8. All pluses.

Exactly.
That’s why I’m enjoying the X and the 10.5” in terms of its size.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Really..... .02mm is what did it for you?

It’s more about how much more screen real estate that the Plus model utilize over the X. Watching most video in landscape on the X really irked me. It basically gave me bezels on the X and less screen on the video than the Plus.

razza1987

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
I got my iPhone 8 Plus yesterday. My contracts last for twelve months so I decided to go with the eight plus instead of the X. I just didn’t trust the X. I have had a couple of issues crop up today but as it is a brand new device I am allowing it to get the kinks out. I played around with a X in store yesterday and I didn’t like the lack of a home button. I also didn’t like how small it was compared to the 8+ as well. I was telling the worker how good it is that my contracts start in November because it allows me a couple of months after apple have released the device and by then the phones are in stock. I am interested to see what the apple devices of September 2018 are going to look like

briareos4

Nov 30, 2017
Visit site
Another unsung advantage of the 8plus are the speakers. Such a big improvement over previous generations as well as the X. For me, whenever my daughter or son ask me to check out a youtube video with them or whatnot the quality of the speakers are highlighted. Much more deeper bass and fuller sound with the 8plus over the other models.

razza1987

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
Another unsung advantage of the 8plus are the speakers. Such a big improvement over previous generations as well as the X. For me, whenever my daughter or son ask me to check out a youtube video with them or whatnot the quality of the speakers are highlighted. Much more deeper bass and fuller sound with the 8plus over the other models.

I noticed this too. When I had a conversation with my mother yesterday while I was out at the shops I could hear her perfectly. Usually I had to put my hand over my other ear on my six plus but now I can hear her perfectly. Such a huge difference

briareos4

Nov 30, 2017
Visit site
I noticed this too. When I had a conversation with my mother yesterday while I was out at the shops I could hear her perfectly. Usually I had to put my hand over my other ear on my six plus but now I can hear her perfectly. Such a huge difference

Hmm.. I think you're talking more of earpiece volume (since you mentioned putting your hand over your other ear).

I was mainly talking about the use of the earpiece and bottom facing speakers in a stereo configuration when you're watching Youtube or whatnot. It's a bigger/fuller sound versus the iPhone X, at least from the minimal amount of time I played with it in the store. I suppose Apple makes good use of the extra space and bottom bezel to get the fuller sound out of those speakers in the 8plus. I'm sure it's hard to duplicate that on the X since so much is jammed into a smaller chassis.

Last edited:

razza1987

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
Hmm.. I think you're talking more of earpiece volume (since you mentioned putting your hand over your other ear).

I was mainly talking about the use of the earpiece and bottom facing speakers in a stereo configuration when you're watching Youtube or whatnot. It's a bigger/fuller sound versus the iPhone X, at least from the minimal amount of time I played with it in the store. I suppose Apple makes good use of the extra space and bottom bezel to get the fuller sound out of those speakers in the 8plus. I'm sure it's hard to duplicate that on the X since so much is jammed into a smaller chassis.

I agree with you there too. I’m coming from the six plus and the two speakers make a huge difference. Even with headphones on I never put it on full volume anymore. It’s too loud lol

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
He wants a pet scan and my ins has approved it. He just wants to make sure. I am not worried. I just wish I was starting treatment.
Back to work today and good to be back. A lot to catch up on.

Your still working? You must be improving a lot if your going back to work.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
Your still working? You must be improving a lot if your going back to work.

I am still healing but doing ok. And getting back into my life is also good for my morale with all I am dealing with. Takes my mind off things. I had a lot facing me and am caught up on the paperwork.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
When I originally got my X, within the first week I was going to return it for an 8 Plus, but I got a Catalyst case which added just enough width to make it feel more comfortable in my hand to use. I miss the aspect ratio of my 7 Plus but I prefer the smaller size. The big question is next year if the come out with an all screen version to replace the 8 Plus what will people do then?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR